Denver - first choice fab sliders

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Rapid Red
Hey everybody, got my sliders from first choice welded on last week. Saw someone on an overlanding Facebook group post about him so I figured I'd give him a shot. Haven't had a chance to test their durability yet, hopefully I will this summer once the snow melts..

Paid $650 for them. He also offers normal ones without kickout for 525 or with kickout but no diamond plate for 575. Diamond plate doesn't really serve a purpose since they're angled up 15 degrees but I like how it looks. Also inquired about getting some dimples the whole length but he said he takes them to a different guy who charges $10 each dimple and I figured that would be too much since I like the looks of smaller dimples more

20210404_164906.jpg

20210404_164941.jpg

20210404_173405(0).jpg

20210326_143656.jpg

20210404_164909.jpg
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Hey everybody, got my sliders from first choice welded on last week. Saw someone on an overlanding Facebook group post about him so I figured I'd give him a shot. Haven't had a chance to test their durability yet, hopefully I will this summer once the snow melts..

Paid $650 for them. He also offers normal ones without kickout for 525 or with kickout but no diamond plate for 575. Diamond plate doesn't really serve a purpose since they're angled up 15 degrees but I like how it looks. Also inquired about getting some dimples the whole length but he said he takes them to a different guy who charges $10 each dimple and I figured that would be too much since I like the looks of smaller dimples more

20210404_164906.jpg

20210404_164941.jpg

20210404_173405(0).jpg

20210326_143656.jpg

20210404_164909.jpg
Those do look great.

I don't want to rain on your parade but the frames on our trucks are thin... like crazy thin.

One advantage of the bolted on sliders is the brackets that attach them to the frame are heavy gauge steel and therefore distributes the load across the entire height of the frame, as well as capture the bottom of the frame, see photo below.

Welding the tubing to the center side of the frame puts all the stress into the weakest part of the frame.

Proceed with caution.

004B.JPG

OP
OP

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those do look great.

I don't want to rain on your parade but the frames on our trucks are thin... like crazy thin.

One advantage of the bolted on sliders is the brackets that attach them to the frame are heavy gauge steel and therefore distributes the load across the entire height of the frame, as well as capture the bottom of the frame, see photo below.

Welding the tubing to the center side of the frame puts all the stress into the weakest part of the frame.

Proceed with caution.

004B.JPG
I'll keep it in mind. Not planning on doing anything super crazy, just wanted the peace of mind that I won't dent my door and/or rocker panel

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I'll keep it in mind. Not planning on doing anything super crazy, just wanted the peace of mind that I won't dent my door and/or rocker panel
Sure.. makes sense. Just don't try to jack the truck up by the sliders..... that might not end well.

They'll for sure be much better than factory oem running boards bolted to the sheet metal body.:like:

OP
OP

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure.. makes sense. Just don't try to jack the truck up by the sliders..... that might not end well.

They'll for sure be much better than factory oem running boards bolted to the sheet metal body.:like:
Did some more research. I'll probably look into getting some additional gussets added on. Probably should've searched more beforehand so I could've asked for a 3"x3" or 4"x4" frame plate to be welded on for each mounting point as well. Appreciate the advice.

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Those do look great.

Proceed with caution.

004B.JPG
What sliders are those?