First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
Just bought a 21 Fx4 super crew. Right now I'm bone stock and wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to take the Ranger to get some mud on the tires. Or rocks lol. Relatively new to offroading and just looking to do some easy offroading/sight seeing if anyone has any recommendations. I would prefer not to bottom out the truck just yet. Within an hour of Denver would be ideal. Also if anyone else wants to go feel free to let me know.
Sponsored

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist

Fastfitzy

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
So I did my first real off-road trails the other day. I went to Rainbow Falls Riding Area. It’s southwest of Denver on highway 67. Google knows it. The trails were FREAKING AMAZING ! I don’t know much about rating trails for difficulty, but I’d imagine it wouldn’t be “easy” or “Beginner” there were some banks that had me questioning my ability to stay upright, and some that had to be accelerated through. I can’t say enough about how much of an off-road trail gem this place is. I have to pull my cam footage and edit it down

Fastfitzy

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
So I did my first real off-road trails the other day. I went to Rainbow Falls Riding Area. It’s southwest of Denver on highway 67. Google knows it. The trails were FREAKING AMAZING ! I don’t know much about rating trails for difficulty, but I’d imagine it wouldn’t be “easy” or “Beginner” there were some banks that had me questioning my ability to stay upright, and some that had to be accelerated through. I can’t say enough about how much of an off-road trail gem this place is. I have to pull my cam footage and edit it down
Oh, and I am a total novice on a stock 2019 Lariat FX4 with a 2” level spacer. I lightly contacted my skid plate in 1 spot, my tow hitch in one spot, and my nerf bars in one spot, but there were easier “lines” to take in all of those situations. I highly recommend, and I am down to go riding there anytime

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
I'm definitely down to get a little convoy together. Switzerland trail out by Boulder was nice but not in any way challenging. I'm a novice as well, came from Florida where you might get stuck in some sugar sand but no rocks to conquer. The trail was however, nice to test out the terrain mgmt and crawl features to see how they work. I have a 2.5" RC level sitting in the box, just trying to find some time to do it or get it done. Are you on stock tires as well? I'd like to go bigger but don't want to waste the factory tires.

I'd be free to go in mid May. I can post a thread to see if there is more interest.

Fastfitzy

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I'm definitely down to get a little convoy together. Switzerland trail out by Boulder was nice but not in any way challenging. I'm a novice as well, came from Florida where you might get stuck in some sugar sand but no rocks to conquer. The trail was however, nice to test out the terrain mgmt and crawl features to see how they work. I have a 2.5" RC level sitting in the box, just trying to find some time to do it or get it done. Are you on stock tires as well? I'd like to go bigger but don't want to waste the factory tires.

I'd be free to go in mid May. I can post a thread to see if there is more interest.
Let’s do it. Let’s get a rainbow falls may ride organized. I just retired from the Army so my calendar is pretty open right now. I’m on stock fx4 hankook with 20k on them, 2” Daystar level that I installed myself. There’s also a great open range shooting area called Turkey Tracks right up the road from the riding area. So bring guns ??

Cjohn8503

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Personal chef
Just bought a 21 Fx4 super crew. Right now I'm bone stock and wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to take the Ranger to get some mud on the tires. Or rocks lol. Relatively new to offroading and just looking to do some easy offroading/sight seeing if anyone has any recommendations. I would prefer not to bottom out the truck just yet. Within an hour of Denver would be ideal. Also if anyone else wants to go feel free to let me know.
I would love to go! Im In Denver metro as well

Cjohn8503

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Personal chef
Let’s do it. Let’s get a rainbow falls may ride organized. I just retired from the Army so my calendar is pretty open right now. I’m on stock fx4 hankook with 20k on them, 2” Daystar level that I installed myself. There’s also a great open range shooting area called Turkey Tracks right up the road from the riding area. So bring guns ??
Ah shit I wish I still had a gun. But I do have the Fx4 truck, so I’m down
Sponsored