Reaction score
Website
flic.kr
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
SalesMan
Vehicle Showcase
So I just got the 20inch lightbar from rough country and it has decent instructions for the install, but absolutely 0 instructions for wiring. Where should I bolt down the relay? And does anyone know a path to route the button inside the cabin?
Sponsored

Ninong

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
So I just got the 20inch lightbar from rough country and it has decent instructions for the install, but absolutely 0 instructions for wiring. Where should I bolt down the relay? And does anyone know a path to route the button inside the cabin?
There is a drain plug under the driver's floor pan that I used to route my wiring. Its just past the footwell where the pan becomes horizontal, and is halfway covered by another bracket, but still very usable and accessible from underneath.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I got so tired of routing wires thru the firewall (for towing) that when I started installing off road lights I went to my LEO supply site and got a 4 output remote wireless switch, it was inexpensive (compared to others) and has worked perfectly for 2 years, I just change the battery in the remote yearly. Photo is from test install, which is a piece of cake, I used Velcro to attach the small remote to my visor.
Remote Switch.JPG

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I got so tired of routing wires thru the firewall (for towing) that when I started installing off road lights I went to my LEO supply site and got a 4 output remote wireless switch, it was inexpensive (compared to others) and has worked perfectly for 2 years, I just change the battery in the remote yearly. Photo is from test install, which is a piece of cake, I used Velcro to attach the small remote to my visor.
Remote Switch.JPG
Mines a similar under hood setup...wireless remote lighting controls are via RF rocker switch and/or bluetooth iPhone ap...

IMG_7595.JPG

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mines a similar under hood setup...wireless remote lighting controls are via RF rocker switch and/or bluetooth iPhone ap...

IMG_7595.JPG
Much more fancy than my basic one, but much more expensive I would guess, but hey, it works great, after all I am just turning on/off lights. Besides, I don't have near the lights you do, just ditch, lightbar, and rear floods. :)

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Much more fancy than my basic one, but much more expensive I would guess, but hey, it works great, after all I am just turning on/off lights. Besides, I don't have near the lights you do, just ditch, lightbar, and rear floods. :)
I won with a low bid of around $350...this 6 shooter powers all of my exterior pods except for one set of front amber fog...

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I won with a low bid of around $350...this 6 shooter powers all of my exterior pods except for one set of front amber fog...
$350!!!, dude, I am retired! Mine cost me $40 :LOL: :LOL:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
It's NOT a beer belly, it is a portable end table. And you can rest a cup of coffee just as easily as a can of beer.

@JesseS can you give more info on the remote switch you are using?
Sponsored