First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I like my Ranger way more than when I had my 2019 Tacoma. That said, NO WAY I would pick a Santa Cruz over a Tacoma. Not even comparable. SC is not even a real truck. While I didn't like my Tacoma for several reasons, I have tons of friends in my off road group who own Tacomas. They beat the living crap out of them and a lot of them have over 80,000 miles. They never had issues with them. They keep chugging along. I have 20K on my Ranger now, with a lot of off-road trips. She's been bullet proof so far. If I can get 100,000+ miles out of her I will be happy.
Sponsored

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
well, yeah, if you were driving 20+ years ago you're pretty much not "young" by definition and it's down to either "kids older than that" or "grandkids older than that".
Hell I got socks older then that.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
The tacoma has been dated for several years...

But there are reasons why they haven't changed anything, it works. So why change it if it works, and people are still buying it?

Toyota will face a backlash from their die hard loyalists if they change to much . . .
Plus it comes with that wonderful seating position! :like:

Me personally, I can't believe anyone ever buys a Taco after they sit in a Taco. It is beyond awkward. Just weird.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Well not much surprises me these days but a bit surprised Dave has not weighed in regards his time spent owning a Taco and IIRC correctly it was less than a year. Yes it's been expressed many times many ways but in the past he never passed up the opportunity to denigrate the Toyota Tacoma. Have a number of long time Toyota Tacoma and 4Runner acquaintances and the ones that have bought the newer ones do complain about the power train, especially when mountain driving.
Sponsored