2021 XLT Sport Package?

Thatwaspontus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4
Occupation
WTT
So for Canadian market trucks it appears that the Sport Apperance Package is a $700 option for XLTs with the 301A and Lariats with the 501A. XLTs with the 302A, the cost is absorbed into that option package as you can't get the 302A w/out it. Lariats include magnetic wheel arches, XLTs do not. Assuming this carries over to American trucks but then we don't get Lariat SuperCabs or 2wd up here, so who knows.

Screenshot_20210429-071955_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20210429-072325_Firefox.jpg
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Wow! My 2020 XLT magnetic Sport with black package has them painted. Silver nose cap and was built in November last year. So they must have cut off in December

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
I also don’t understand the weird carpet like panels in the wheel wells... why not have it plastic or ABS or PA6 or 6.6 or whatever?

OP
OP
JTDay

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Well they are like 600-800 bucks on parts websites. It could be a coat savings measure but at the expense of false advertising? I'm willing to bet they just ran out of them at the factory and started using the black ones. It'd apparent they are doing everything they can to pump these trucks out of the vortex.

The wheel well liners are carpeted to keep noise down.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
Well they are like 600-800 bucks on parts websites. It could be a coat savings measure but at the expense of false advertising? I'm willing to bet they just ran out of them at the factory and started using the black ones. It'd apparent they are doing everything they can to pump these trucks out of the vortex.

Ah ok makes sense now! Thanks fella!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Hi Josh and Folks,

Things do not happen at the assembly plant or in the design world of engineering without authorization forms that are signed off by several levels of management. So the plant running out of painted handles and substitution of black handles would be backed by authorizations to do so, even in an emergency. There are cases where the plant will go into build and park, using substituted stock. When parts are again available, the units are then retrieved and correct parts are installed. So to make it into the field likely means a corporate change decision. Any time there is a complexity reduction at the plant, the plant rejoices. There is also a cost benefit to Ford.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
JTDay

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I certainly agree. Not trying to say anything nefarious was done. Just pointing this out to people who may think they're getting something when they're not. Ford currently advertises the Sport Appearance Package as having the magnetic painted wheel moldings on their website. It should come as advertised imo.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I certainly agree. Not trying to say anything nefarious was done. Just pointing this out to people who may think they're getting something when they're not. Ford currently advertises the Sport Appearance Package as having the magnetic painted wheel moldings on their website. It should come as advertised imo.
Hi Josh,

I think you will find fine print in advertising... "subject to change" :(

OP
OP
JTDay

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Hi Josh,

I think you will find fine print in advertising... "subject to change" :(
Haha, that damn fine print.. got a chuckle out of that for some reason. Thanks for your insights Phil.

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Are you sure your browser does not need refreshing? When I configure a XLT sport, it shows the black moldings. When I configure a Lariat Sport, it shows the painted moldings.

OP
OP
JTDay

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Are you sure your browser does not need refreshing? When I configure a XLT sport, it shows the black moldings. When I configure a Lariat Sport, it shows the painted moldings.
Great observation for anyone reading this thread. I bought my truck off the lot so would have not made that observation unless building one for research. I apparently have been mislead by the ad.

From the Available Packages drop down menu:
Screenshot_20210429-144808_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored