First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I just noticed my 2021 XLT with 301A eqpt group is missing the magnetic wheel lip moldings. I just have the standard black ones. I've had the truck for 4 weeks and am just noticing this. Not sure if there was some issue at the factory but thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has made the same observation.
Sponsored

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Yep I noticed that too on some 21s I saw. It's another cost-cutting measure is guess.

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
Yep I noticed that too on some 21s I saw. It's another cost-cutting measure is guess.
Hope not. I have a Oxford White with Sport Package being built right now and it better have the Magnetic wheel lip moldings or I will refuse delivery until the dealer has them installed. The build website lists them and displays them if selected.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hope not. I have a Oxford White with Sport Package being built right now and it better have the Magnetic wheel lip moldings or I will refuse delivery until the dealer has them installed. The build website lists them and displays them if selected.
Pretty sure all the XLTs are black fendered now. I noticed it when I went to the dealership. Asked the salesman about it, but he was clueless. Lariats still have the magnetics though.

OP
OP
JTDay

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I'ts probably too late for me to say anything about it and it doesn't really bother me. Just thought I'd share the message for those who might be taken by surprise. I'd chock it up to a supply shortage.

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
Pretty sure all the XLTs are black fendered now. I noticed it when I went to the dealership. Asked the salesman about it, but he was clueless. Lariats still have the magnetics though.
Mine is a Lariat.

Thatwaspontus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4
Occupation
WTT
Had to go check just now. 2021 XLT w/ 302A & FX4 so the sport package is tossed in there somewhere. Wheel arches are black. Won't bug me seeing as most of the other small trim is black as well. I'm just stoked it came with some of the best looking OEM wheels on a fairly low buck truck (Alberta, everyone is underwater with 1-ton platinum, long horn denalis here....).

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I'd be pretty unhappy, personally. I have a 2020 XLT in Oxford White and the Magnetic bumpers and wheel arches really make the look for me.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Off topic a bit, but I found it odd that my truck (2020 XLT Sport) in Magnetic Gray has a silver front apron. Looks like it was swapped from a silver truck, but my sales guy confirmed that's the way they come. Kinda weird, I'm not sure it enhances the styling but reckon I'll live with it.

OP
OP
JTDay

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Yeah I believe they all have that. Mine does. Definitely enhances the appearance imo.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
That wouldn't surprise me at all. Ford has "bean cutting" down to a science.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Off topic a bit, but I found it odd that my truck (2020 XLT Sport) in Magnetic Gray has a silver front apron. Looks like it was swapped from a silver truck, but my sales guy confirmed that's the way they come. Kinda weird, I'm not sure it enhances the styling but reckon I'll live with it.
I didnt like mine in silver so I Plasti Dipped it.
1F81B67A-41C8-4CB7-A259-584FA1E8E58E.jpeg

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Had to go check just now. 2021 XLT w/ 302A & FX4 so the sport package is tossed in there somewhere. Wheel arches are black. Won't bug me seeing as most of the other small trim is black as well. I'm just stoked it came with some of the best looking OEM wheels on a fairly low buck truck (Alberta, everyone is underwater with 1-ton platinum, long horn denalis here....).
Y 'all got them big oil cowboys in Alberta along with the cheapest fuel in Canada. Good place to be. My buddy lives in St. Albert and owes me a fishin trip up there. Gonna have to wait till next summer. Seems this rona keepin the feds in CA a bit on edge.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I just noticed my 2021 XLT with 301A eqpt group is missing the magnetic wheel lip moldings. I just have the standard black ones. I've had the truck for 4 weeks and am just noticing this. Not sure if there was some issue at the factory but thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has made the same observation.
Let me guess, the price of the sport package is still the same on the XLT and Lariat? I wouldn't be happy with that. My previous 501A Lariat SuperCab cost 2k same as on the Super Crew only on the SCrew you get the 10 spkr B&O and on the SCab you get 6 standard speakers.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
Way off topic, put on the lariat projector headlights do these things serve a purpose or are they decoration?

CEBCF563-33B0-4A41-A00F-30A9A2E91B34.jpeg
Sponsored