2021 Ranger TREMOR Off-Road Package Revealed

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Plus, I will admit, I also like the look of them on the truck!
As I said, it's not a "need", it's an image thing. Taste is a personal matter, I'm just speaking to why ford didn't do it, which was the question.
Sponsored

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Am I correct in assuming that since it has Fox 2.0, that while it won't come with a major lift from the factory, you could easily adjust it?
I would assume so, yes, because otherwise this kit will be the biggest waste of money ha.

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Like the package surprised since there was not an upgraded engine option they did not include a factory tune

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
What's new about the new leaf pack? Are they better than our mono leaf?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What's new about the new leaf pack? Are they better than our mono leaf?
Hi Sid,

There is more coulomb damping with a leaf pack than with a mono leaf. Might be the reason. Leaf pack is likely more weight too. When I managed Ford's Off Road Racing, there was a company, National Spring that made racing springs. These springs were some 6,8,12 leaves. Tons of friction damping... This was back in the day before modern shocks with remote reservoir shocks. I remember sitting down with Robby Gordon and chatting about the remote transfer tubes his off road vehicle had... This was the tip of the huge advancements in shocks.

Back story on springs. This was on my SCCA test mule, which was unique at the time as it was a monoleaf that I designed. The next step was to go with a carbon fiber rear suspension leaf spring for another weight reduction. There was a composite company that was making prototype springs with the hope of expanding into the OEM market. This company provided data to show almost infinite life for these springs, monoleaf and super light weight. Testing cyclic requriements, these springs passed with flying colors.... So I had a set made for my test mule. With great anticipation we headed to the handling track for a test session....It ended shortly with failed springs. WTF??? It turned out that the elliptical springs were very robust, but when an axle flat was put into the springs, the transition to flat caused a stress concentration and low cyclic failure. So into the rubbish bin went that idea... It was way before its time....However it did show promise but also required a shock retuning...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
These new rims should have been wrapped in the KO2's, no question.
As far as white letter tires go, the KO's look the best IMO, but if you're going black side out, I personally think the Generals look as good or better and are slightly better than a KO2 for snow with more siping.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Those are the exact tires I upgraded to on my truck, they are pretty killer, quiet on road and awesome off road.
I bet they didn’t touch the crash bars, I didn’t have to, and this is really just a truck with the Fox leveling kit upgrade and the wheel and tire upgrade. The only benefit I see over us FX4 with the same upgrades is the upgraded leaf spring and rear tow hooks.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Those are the exact tires I upgraded to on my truck, they are pretty killer, quiet on road and awesome off road.
I bet they didn’t touch the crash bars, I didn’t have to, and this is really just a truck with the Fox leveling kit upgrade and the wheel and tire upgrade. The only benefit I see over us FX4 with the same upgrades is the upgraded leaf spring and rear tow hooks.
I totally agree, but the "upgraded leaf spring" could be a big deal....

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Now Ford performance is in the game with 3 ranger performance packs. Level, wheels, tune, tires, exhaust, lights and some dress up stuff on # 3 option. No rear springs. You could probably buy a small car for the price of the kit. :crackup:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/vehicles/Ranger-packs

?

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Looking this over and the fact that I would want to add fox shocks to the ranger I plan on purchasing.. A carbonized gray Tremor may be at the top of my list..

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
I totally agree, but the "upgraded leaf spring" could be a big deal....
2020 Ranger features. Parabolic Springs

Ranger Tremor "A multi-leaf rear spring setup enables increased wheel travel. Anti-roll bar stiffness has been reduced to minimize disruption over rough terrain and improve comfort off-road."

They pretty much contradict themselves......?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase