(Hidden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger King Ranch
Occupation
ABB Robot Operator
Or maybe a Harley-Davidson Ranger!
See, that's awesome and I thought about doing that but in order to pay true homage, I feel like I would have to throw a supercharger on it and I really just didn't feel like it. I only wanted the coolest daily driver on the planet that's not too much to ask for yeah? Lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

2020RangerKingRanch

First Name
(Hidden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ABB Robot Operator
I've always loved the KR trucks, could never afford one and/or justify the price of one used. I'm just too practical. Looking forward to pics!
Say it louder for those in the back bro. KR shit is PRICEY and I am NOT throwing $45k+ into a truck with a dent in the tailgate, a tear in the seat, a chipped window, and the driver window stuck down, when the truck has a fancy squiggly line on it. Cannot ever justify the price of brand over the price of quality.
Regardless, if you show up with an actual Super-Duty King Ranch then I'm gonna try and sit in it. Just the way it is, shits nice.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Where in the world would a King Ranch be considered ghetto? Anyway, good for you. Do it your way. If you are happy with it, f**k what anybody else thinks. And as far as trucks with KR option from dealers, most of the price involved is for badging, just like the $13k upcharge for a Roush Ranger.

OP
OP

2020RangerKingRanch

First Name
(Hidden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ABB Robot Operator
Where in the world would a King Ranch be considered ghetto? Anyway, good for you. Do it your way. If you are happy with it, f**k what anybody else thinks. And as far as trucks with KR option from dealers, most of the price involved is for badging, just like the $13k upcharge for a Roush Ranger.
Right? I just purchased the Roush stuff independently and put it on myself. I only wanted the Roush cold air intake and cat back exhaust anyway so I didn't need all the other stuff. Jack Roush is great and all but I got different plans

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
my opinion, which means shit to most people, is that you're trying to recreate a look you like, and that's nothing to be ashamed of....but to want to call it a King Ranch is a stretch.
Seat covers and a few badges dont cut the mustard with me. It'll never live up to a King Ranch, unless it came as a KR from Ford.

Its a reasonably cheap upgrade as well to leather up your seats, so props to you on customizing your interior as thats really all your doing.

this company in Canada has a sale on....perhaps I'll get some custom leather and call it the Dick Ranch edition.

https://www.canadaseatskins.ca/ford-truck-leather-upholstery.html
Something like this would be nice.
front_4_c70ee03e-a204-4f67-8200-373e02001f67_480x480@2x.jpg

I don't get it. Badges are silly. Even more so when they're not factory. Even more so when they don't belong on the vehicle in question.

Everybody here had a great time ragging on the V6 badged Ranger. But when it comes to this silliness we have to "respect all rides?"

True, it's not my ride, or my wallet. But you can't keep me from snickering if I ever see you drive by.

Sounds like the makings of another autozone special to me.

7pfRUZj2S-2Apd2oPgunRecl2z8IRQUt0IZfZK45Knc.jpg

OP
OP

2020RangerKingRanch

First Name
(Hidden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ABB Robot Operator
my opinion, which means shit to most people, is that you're trying to recreate a look you like, and that's nothing to be ashamed of....but to want to call it a King Ranch is a stretch.
Seat covers and a few badges dont cut the mustard with me. It'll never live up to a King Ranch, unless it came as a KR from Ford.

Its a reasonably cheap upgrade as well to leather up your seats, so props to you on customizing your interior as thats really all your doing.

this company in Canada has a sale on....perhaps I'll get some custom leather and call it the Dick Ranch edition.

https://www.canadaseatskins.ca/ford-truck-leather-upholstery.html
True it won't be an exact King Ranch but that's what I want it to remind people of so that's really all I gotta call it. It's close enough in my book.

OP
OP

2020RangerKingRanch

First Name
(Hidden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ABB Robot Operator
Something like this would be nice.
front_4_c70ee03e-a204-4f67-8200-373e02001f67_480x480@2x.jpg

I don't get it. Badges are silly. Even more so when they're not factory. Even more so when they don't belong on the vehicle in question.

Everybody here had a great time ragging on the V6 badged Ranger. But when it comes to this silliness we have to "respect all rides?"

True, it's not my ride, or my wallet. But you can't keep me from snickering if I ever see you drive by.

Sounds like the makings of another autozone special to me.

7pfRUZj2S-2Apd2oPgunRecl2z8IRQUt0IZfZK45Knc.jpg
I mean as far as performance, reliability, quality, and aesthetic, it should all be very top notch. As for how the idea is coming out, yes...seems very AutoZone special indeed.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
If I were to create a Texas Heritage Ranching truck it would definitely be a one off (like everything I do) and would be an original "Four Sixes" brand Ranger.......lol

If you really want to get Texas....but not on the same old wagon.....
here ya go......https://www.6666ranch.com/

Love the 6666 brand....it looks so cool.....

1644963300810.png

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
As a Californian I am congenitally jealous of Texas and it's wonderful trucks like the King Ranch but I can't wait to see how your homage to the Great State turns out.

Your idea is a good one, but you could go further. Plenty of space for all of these:

1644970222447.png
1644970316901.png

1644970401577.png
1644970444462.png

OP
OP

2020RangerKingRanch

First Name
(Hidden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ABB Robot Operator
Well it's not really about Texas you guys it's about the King Ranch. All I wanted was to emulate the King Ranch.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I mean as far as performance, reliability, quality, and aesthetic, it should all be very top notch. As for how the idea is coming out, yes...seems very AutoZone special indeed.
I guarantee you that when asked about his customizations, the owner of that 1500 thought his truck was modified with "performance, reliability, quality, and aesthetic" in mind and that it is very "top notch."

The only thing special about a real "King Ranch" edition is the seats. Katzkins are nice, but they're no King Ranch leather. Seems like you're trying way too hard to make your truck something it'll never be.

But, like I said, your ride, your choice.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Thanks, dude! I posted my project to two different forums now and nobody seems to care about the idea of a Ranger King Ranch. I've been planning this build for 5 years now and I've been looking for another King Ranch Ranger along the way but haven't seen ANYTHING even close to what I'm doing so I'm curious to see how I'll be accepted. All of my "friends" IRL started cutting me off because I sold my other shit because I wanted to jumpstart this Ranger project and so I've been off work these past 5 days (long weekend I DO have a job) working on little stuff for the truck like getting my windows tinted and shit but nobody I know really cares so I hope someone on here gets a kick out of it.
Sounds interesting to me! Excited to see what you do. Post lots of pics!

30AughtTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4Runner, 18 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Oil/Gas R&D
Damn there's a lot of hating in this thread! I'm certainly not a big fan of all the fake Raptors either, but to each their own. But since we're not allowed to have a "real" KR or Raptor y'all have at it. As long as it's tasteful and done with some thought go for it! I for one enjoy seeing these different builds.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i like the idea, id love the king ranch interior in my ranger! cant wait to see the pictures. to those that see this as up badge or silly etc. look around how many of the members here have the "raptor" grill....
exactly.
Sponsored