Newbie.....2020 RTR Ranger

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Kinda digging the RTR grill with the stock headlights. What allows the grill lights to be on?
Sponsored

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Beautiful looking truck. I'm surprised they didn't go 275 65 17 to add some more width to match the fenders.
How funny. Was thinking the same thing. I feel the tires are not exactly what the truck needs to show off that subtle but hefty stance …

Something like this would help it out.

9655EFA3-77E3-4368-9510-5C73459EB048.jpeg

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I'd never heard of an RTR Ranger until I went to the Ford Nationals in Carlisle last year and a guy who had one was parked next to me. I like it better than a Roush frankly. The 17x9 wheels you can get in 0 offset or +30mm (stock is +55mm). Last I looked at RTR's site the wheels were out of stock. It's kind of pricey at $44.95 but I might get the windshield sunshade since it's laid back so far I have the sun visors down all the time.
As a Ford guy, and ROUSH being a wholesome name apart of the Ford family.. I feel like a lot of people absolutely hate their trucks. Crazy cause I never see so many people hate on their mustangs with ROUSH package

Reactions: Doc

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
As a Ford guy, and ROUSH being a wholesome name apart of the Ford family.. I feel like a lot of people absolutely hate their trucks. Crazy cause I never see so many people hate on their mustangs with ROUSH package
Prob because they come with extra power with that price tag. Still very nice looking truck, Roush def makes the best fender flares out there, love them on my truck.

I had that same thought, 275 would be nice and if I am not mistaken, I see enough clearance. that will be probably my next pair of tires in a couple of years.
I have 285/70/17s on my RTR +30 wheels, fits the fender flares nicely. Just curious, are the crash bars still intact on your truck? My tremor stock with 265s were just barely not touching them.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Just to be clear, I don't dislike the Roush package, I just like the RTR better.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Just to be clear, I don't dislike the Roush package, I just like the RTR better.
Nah I get it. I just can’t believe the scrutiny it gets on here. It’s an amazing truck … and it seems to be the less popular of just a basic 2WD Ranger. Baffles me.

OP
OP
Rangy686

Rangy686

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Prob because they come with extra power with that price tag. Still very nice looking truck, Roush def makes the best fender flares out there, love them on my truck.

I have 285/70/17s on my RTR +30 wheels, fits the fender flares nicely. Just curious, are the crash bars still intact on your truck? My tremor stock with 265s were just barely not touching them.
Yeap! Crash bars are intact. Still have a decent space between wheel and bar.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Kinda digging the RTR grill with the stock headlights. What allows the grill lights to be on?

The grill lights plug in to the marker lights.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
i think the problem lies in jealousy. you brought a better toy to the sandbox.

many people think they overpaid for what they got in their stock truck
many people think you overpay for the package you get with either the RTR or the Roush line.

the thing is, it's your money and your time.

Sure, a do it your selfer could make his own "Roush" in the family garage. if he values his time at nothing, he can do it for alot less money. Same with the RTR.
What about the Hennessy Ranger? is that worth it?
http://hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/ford/2019-ford-ranger/

To some people it is yes.

To me a ready to run truck, without the hassle of me ordering, waiting, fitting, installing, and waiting some more....is worth it to pay someone else to do it so I can drive it from day 1 and enjoy it. My time is money, and I wont even give that to myself for free.
That’s a helluva lot good info right there. I like this. Basic and to the point.

Funny .. kinda agree wholeheartedly with you here. I could buy a 37K-42K Ranger .. then wait a year to make it the way I want it. Or I can buy it with the most items I already wanted and the look out the door ?
Sponsored