2020 MY Ranger Order Guide & Fleet Preview

Robert Manikowski

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150 Lariat
Exactly...with the demand being what it is (moderate to strong) there was no way Ford was going to make many changes, let alone significant ones that would require factory changes or impact the supply chains.
I didn’t expect any significant changes, but I had some wishful thinking for additional options such as moon roof, wheels, dampened tailgate, etc. Just little things to get people to buy the new model year over the old.
Sponsored

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I didn’t expect any significant changes, but I had some wishful thinking for additional options such as moon roof, wheels, dampened tailgate, etc. Just little things to get people to buy the new model year over the old.
There were 26 Rangers on my dealers lot last week & I don't live in a big city (67,000 population ). I'm sure they don't want the 2020 to be more appealing.....even small upgrades will make those harder to sell.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
There were 26 Rangers on my dealers lot last week & I don't live in a big city (67,000 population ). I'm sure they don't want the 2020 to be more appealing.....even small upgrades will make those harder to sell.
They won't be harder to sell if they discount them - which they will need to do I think since we are at the end of the 2019 model year - buying one now means you are eating a year of depreciation essentially. If I were buying one now, I would be expecting a discount on MSRP for sure.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
They won't be harder to sell if they discount them - which they will need to do I think since we are at the end of the 2019 model year - buying one now means you are eating a year of depreciation essentially. If I were buying one now, I would be expecting a discount on MSRP for sure.
They definitely need to do something but as of now they are not ...I'm sure that will change next month. They have only sold 4 total according to the salesman.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I really doubt a dampened tailgate effects sales one bit. And a small number wish a sunroof in a truck.

There was close to zero chance that any major changes would happen after one model year.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Inventory is just now building on lots. 26 is definently not close to the norm.

In the large cities near me, i have yet to see more than 5. 500k plus people large.

If sales were slacking, the ranger would not be the only ford vehicle left out of the 20% off MSRP sale.

This thought of lagging sales is not reality.

Mack

Notice the 2020 sheet does not show the Black Appearance Package as an option.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Inventory is just now building on lots. 26 is definently not close to the norm.

In the large cities near me, i have yet to see more than 5. 500k plus people large.

If sales were slacking, the ranger would not be the only ford vehicle left out of the 20% off MSRP sale.

This thought of lagging sales is not reality.
I'm glad to hear they are selling better in other areas.

I drove by the dealer this evening & since they were closed I drove through the lot & counted 21. I wish they were all grouped together so I could take a photo. What surprised me was there are none out front like last week.....there are only 3 to the side of the main office. The rest are scattered in the over flow areas & some next door behind quick lane.

I hope the 5 that are gone were sold in town and not transfered to another dealer.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

Robert Manikowski

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150 Lariat
I was going to try and place an order for a 2019 sometime this week. I’ll report back on if they allow me to do so.

I talked to the sales guy and he talked to the guy who puts in the orders and he said I had a couple weeks yet. He wasn’t aware of any changes at all to the 2020. Sales guy said 8-10 weeks for a 2019. I am just trying to take delivery mid-November.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Interesting...Remote tailgate release, other than that meh..lol

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I'm glad to hear they are selling better in other areas.

I drove by the dealer this evening & since they were closed I drove through the lot & counted 21. I wish they were all grouped together so I could take a photo. What surprised me was there are none out front like last week.....there are only 3 to the side of the main office. The rest are scattered in the over flow areas & some next door behind quick lane.

I hope the 5 that are gone were sold in town and not transfered to another dealer.
Sounds like that dealer isn't even trying to sell them, for whatever reason.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Order Guide is uploaded! FX2 Confirmed!

Credit to @DannyL
If I read it right, really the only changes were the color changes and the FX2 package? Did I miss something? Looks like the Black Appearance package is still available.
Sponsored