2019 Ranger XL (STX) Ford Pass Remote Start Climate Control Issue

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I downloaded mine but can't see how to get the view you have Airline Tech. I looked at the .ab file in Excel and Notepad and it's not too human readable. On the Ford page you linked, I do get this kind of data:

1714416359733-sr.png

It looks like this on Notepad:
<DATA LABEL="720-02-02"><CODE>0004</CODE><CODE>A1D0</CODE><CODE />

If it's any help (or anyone can use it to hack my account and pay off my loan), I'm happy to email the downloaded file.

Update: ooh, found this thing: https://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx

That gives me this (but I dunno what to do with it ...):

1714417060070-u1.png
if you download it saves as a Ab File, however if you print the viewed page as PDF and save it , makes it readable.

The image I included is from the Cyanlabs page for the breakdown of the file.
I think that the possible difference (reason) for menus not being the same may be due to the Rear Window Heat.
Do both of you have it?
Sponsored

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
if you download it saves as a Ab File, however if you print the viewed page as PDF and save it , makes it readable.

The image I included is from the Cyanlabs page for the breakdown of the file.
I think that the possible difference (reason) for menus not being the same may be due to the Rear Window Heat.
Do both of you have it?
No rear window heat for Soupie. I thought that would be a tough go in winter, but it hasn't been. I suppose, even in a scab, I'm not exhaling on that rear window. Now I can't say the same for snotty nose prints on the back glass from a certain 4-legged copilot. =D

Thanks for the PDF tip, I'll give that a try tomorrow. =)

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XL Ranger 4x2 Supercrew.
Following up here since my 2019 didn't have the "Climate Ctrl" option so I fired up Forscan and went into IPC. Here is what I found:

1714863560083-hk.png

So I opened it up and set it to Enabled:
1714863603838-68.png

After that, I went back into the Truck Info -> Remote Start Menu and was greeted with:

1714863975637-fq.png

So , no need to go into the Asbuilts you can do it from the regular menus. I didn't enable the Rear Defrost but I might go back and do that later. Question for those of you that have had this and used it. On Auto, what does it do? I would assume that if it's cold out it would turn on the heat and defrost likely full and it would include the Rear Defrost? And, if hot out, I assume it would turn the A/C on full too. Is that what you've all seen? If so, then I do like Auto.

peterb

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Following up here since my 2019 didn't have the "Climate Ctrl" option so I fired up Forscan and went into IPC. Here is what I found:

1714863560083-hk.png

So I opened it up and set it to Enabled:
1714863603838-68.png

After that, I went back into the Truck Info -> Remote Start Menu and was greeted with:

1714863975637-fq.png

So , no need to go into the Asbuilts you can do it from the regular menus. I didn't enable the Rear Defrost but I might go back and do that later. Question for those of you that have had this and used it. On Auto, what does it do? I would assume that if it's cold out it would turn on the heat and defrost likely full and it would include the Rear Defrost? And, if hot out, I assume it would turn the A/C on full too. Is that what you've all seen? If so, then I do like Auto.

peterb
Cool and Easier to do - Find

As far as Auto (At least with Automatic Dual Climate)
In Auto (Remote Start) Mode, cabin temp is set to 72-D, the system will auto select Max AC or Max Defrost (If needed) Outside and Cabin Temp - Dependent on this

It also automatically turns on - Rear Defrost and Heated Mirrors as well as the heated seats, personally I like the Rear Defrost & Mirrors, but don't like heated seats and always turn them off anyway.
I think it's because I work outdoors and am usually dressed for it when it's cold, now if I had cooled seats - that's a different answer.

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XL Ranger 4x2 Supercrew.
Yea I found something else online that suggests that with my manual Climate control it will do max AC when warm and defrost/heat/rear defrost when cold. I think the cold temp is around 40* F, not sure what the warm temp is. Just went back in and turned on the rear defrost too.

peterb
Sponsored