2019 Ranger Airbag Problem

Sapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
One light shows that the passenger airbag is on, and the second light shows a circle with a slash across it. Does this mean airbag is on with a problem?
8C988331-3ECA-48F0-BA16-46D33093054C.jpeg
Sponsored

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Pages 42 thru 48 address this, I’m going to post 2 pages that have you do various checks. I have not seen this.

E5413884-C717-46DA-808D-20EB357EAF20.jpeg

2D3CA7BA-21BC-4D34-B75F-D9DFD713A92F.jpeg

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Is anything on the seat?

OP
OP
Sapo

Sapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Pages 42 thru 48 address this, I’m going to post 2 pages that have you do various checks. I have not seen this.

E5413884-C717-46DA-808D-20EB357EAF20.jpeg

2D3CA7BA-21BC-4D34-B75F-D9DFD713A92F.jpeg
Thank you for this. I am going to do the checks shown in this supplement, and post my results.

OP
OP
Sapo

Sapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
TomC,

I did all of the checks recommended in the instructions above. I did find a water bottle under the seat and removed it. I turned the truck of and restarted it after a few minute the "on" light for the empty passenger seat was now off theh the warning seat belt icon light was on.

My wife then sat on the passenger seat and fastened her seatbelts as per instructions and the seat bent icon remained on.

am122

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2014 Escape Titanium, 2003 Expedition
Same problem. Went to Dealer today and they think it may be a sensor in the seat. I will be dropping my truck off on Thursday

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I had this issue a few months ago, it cleared itself without anything being done.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
TomC,

I did all of the checks recommended in the instructions above. I did find a water bottle under the seat and removed it. I turned the truck of and restarted it after a few minute the "on" light for the empty passenger seat was now off theh the warning seat belt icon light was on.

My wife then sat on the passenger seat and fastened her seatbelts as per instructions and the seat bent icon remained on.
Hi Sapo,

I think you have a good case to present to the dealer on what you tried and what did not work... I think you have a defective seat sensor or a bad electrical connection....I can't access my shop manual wiring diagrams to look at the circuit for some reason...it used to work... Let the dealer perform the diagnostics and hopefully find the problem.... Sorry you are having this sort of problem..

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
Sapo

Sapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Hi Sapo,

I think you have a good case to present to the dealer on what you tried and what did not work... I think you have a defective seat sensor or a bad electrical connection....I can't access my shop manual wiring diagrams to look at the circuit for some reason...it used to work... Let the dealer perform the diagnostics and hopefully find the problem.... Sorry you are having this sort of problem..

Best,
Phil
Thank you!

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
When I was installing my seat covers, I noticed a small black box under the passenger seat. It looked like it had a reset button on it.
If it's what I think it is, when I was working, we called it the Occupant classification ecu. It needed to be reset when a vehicle was bumped from behind or a sudden jolt. But I needed scan tool to perform this reset.
I haven't looked yet, but could there be something in owner's manual what this reset button does?
Also, I was thinking about this water bottle that was under your seat. Objects like that and having a passenger moving the seat positions could do some wiring damage. Just a thought.

am122

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2014 Escape Titanium, 2003 Expedition
Went to Dealer to have the light checked out Friday and got the OK and this print out.

Attachments

OP
OP
Sapo

Sapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
When I was installing my seat covers, I noticed a small black box under the passenger seat. It looked like it had a reset button on it.
If it's what I think it is, when I was working, we called it the Occupant classification ecu. It needed to be reset when a vehicle was bumped from behind or a sudden jolt. But I needed scan tool to perform this reset.
I haven't looked yet, but could there be something in owner's manual what this reset button does?
Also, I was thinking about this water bottle that was under your seat. Objects like that and having a passenger moving the seat positions could do some wiring damage. Just a thought.
I agree. I am going to be very careful that my passengers keep their water bottles secure and of the floor so the don’t roll under the seat.
Sponsored