First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger fx4
Occupation
Mechanical super
back in 2019 I purchased the new ford ranger seams to be half decent rig good towing power for trailering.
excellent on gas, but I have this vibration that occurs between 45 to 60 km . I have had it back to the dealer numbers of times
and they have tried few different things from resetting the computer , replace the EGR valve but still have not corrected
the problem it is very annoying and driving me crazy. can anyone shed any light on what the fix may be
thanks
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
back in 2019 I purchased the new ford ranger seams to be half decent rig good towing power for trailering.
excellent on gas, but I have this vibration that occurs between 45 to 60 km . I have had it back to the dealer numbers of times
and they have tried few different things from resetting the computer , replace the EGR valve but still have not corrected
the problem it is very annoying and driving me crazy. can anyone shed any light on what the fix may be
thanks
Hi Garry,

To be diagnosed, the frequency of the vibration would be helpful if the dealer can determine it. Most dealers today have the ability to determine the frequency and the order of the vibration Being fairly narrow banded, it may point to the driveshaft, but a lower frequency would indicate tire balance or out of round condition, ie..ovality. Also it would help if you can assess from which end of the vehicle this vibration emanates.

Sorry...not much help without more data...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired