2019 Ford Ranger Tech Specs

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone seen any specs on the axles themselves? I was trying to figure out the rear from the diff cover but I don't recognize the bolt pattern. I know Dana is making them, but I was looking for more specifics. I noticed none of the SEMA builds changed gears, which makes me wonder if there are any other gears.
Sponsored

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Few things I noticed about Ranger when comparing to the Tacoma and Colorado...

- better turning circle than both Tacoma and Colorado
- less fuel capacity than both Tacoma and Colorado
- more front and rear legroom than Tacoma but less than Colorado
I got a feeling they are able to give it a smaller tank because it gets better fuel economy. But its safe to say that's already a given from a 4 cyl turbo. But the expected range on a 18 gallon tank would be equivalent to those of the Tacoma and Colorado.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Anyone that’s going to a drive event could you ask why they went with a mechanical fan over an electric fan? Reliability?

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone that’s going to a drive event could you ask why they went with a mechanical fan over an electric fan? Reliability?
I will be going in a couple weeks when they are here

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Ask them what option comes stock with the KO2 tires, if you can.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
That would be a quick way to pick up a few horses....less parasitic drag :thumbsup:

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'd like to hear Ford's answer as well.
But, an engine driven fan pulls more air as the engine RPM increases so at some RPM it'll pull more air thru the radiator than an electric fan. When the engine is working hard towing 7500 LBs and the turbo kicked in it probably needs extra cooling at those higher RPM's. Also, that increased airflow would help push heat out of the engine compartment.

It can be advantageous off road as well because normally engine RPM is higher and speeds slower compared to on road and when you need those 310 ft-lbs of torque that engine will be producing a lot of heat.

Last edited:

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
if you look at the video, you can see the wires leading to the fan. Like the Powerstroke, it is engine driven but can be computer controlled. My feeling is it is the best of both worlds. Electric fans became the norm on transverse mounted (front wheel drive) as much for necessity, Won't do any good pointed at the wheelwell as fuel economy. If it works on a Powerstroke, it'll do fine on my Ranger......

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
As of today the Ranger has moved from "Future Vehicles" to "Trucks and Vans" on Ford's web site.

Today the Lariat "details" states:
  • Grab handles (A-Pillar) - Front, Passenger-side
It's looks like they've decided not to put a grab handle on the drivers side. :frown:

skumancer

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX 2015 (Global Ranger)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been comparing the physical tech specs of the the 2019 US Ford Range rand the Global Ranger (2011-2019), and they're a match in a lot of places, including cargo bed dimensions and a lot of interior body panels. Hope this helps people looking for parts!

skumancer

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX 2015 (Global Ranger)
Vehicle Showcase
As of today the Ranger has moved from "Future Vehicles" to "Trucks and Vans" on Ford's web site.

Today the Lariat "details" states:
  • Grab handles (A-Pillar) - Front, Passenger-side
It's looks like they've decided not to put a grab handle on the drivers side. :frown:
You can get one from the Australian model. I did this with my LHD model, so I could have grab handles on both sides.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Was curious if the Ranger audio system had replay capability like my Colorado has (can pause and "rewind" and "replay" audio up to one hour so long as you don't change stations). In checking the Owner's Manual, I found that systems with Sync 3 can replay up to about 45 minutes so long as you don't change stations. A very nice feature.

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
Was curious if the Ranger audio system had replay capability like my Colorado has (can pause and "rewind" and "replay" audio up to one hour so long as you don't change stations). In checking the Owner's Manual, I found that systems with Sync 3 can replay up to about 45 minutes so long as you don't change stations. A very nice feature.
Replaying AM/FM or XM? Like a DVR?

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Replaying AM/FM or XM? Like a DVR?
Yes, for XM. It's not clear if you can do it on AM/FM or not. It seems to only indicate it for XM. You can do it on AM/FM as well on the Colorado, but possibly not on the Ranger. If you want to hear a song another time or re-hear something on the news, just "replay" it. Change stations, however, and it's gone. From page 363 of Owner's Manual:

The following buttons are available for SiriusXM:
Action and Description
Replay audio on the current channel. You can replay approximately
45 minutes of audio as long as you remain tuned to
the current station. Changing stations erases the previous
audio.
Replay
When you are in replay mode, you are not
able to select a different preset until you
return to live audio. Pressing this button
returns you to the live broadcast.

Last edited:

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
My wife's Hyundai Tuscon does that for all of her presets on the first bank. She can switch between any of the presets and rewind an hour of live music or pause it. It works for any preset whether it is AM/FM/XM and doesn't lose it if you switch the stations. It's pretty nice.
Sponsored