Status
Not open for further replies.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
As noted in an earlier post, I changed my order Tuesday from XLT CrewCab 4x4 to a Lariat CrewCab 4x4 with essentially the same equipment and a price increase right at $3000. I am dealing directly with the president of the dealership, so he is pretty knowledgeable. We discussed when customer production might actually start and today I got a call from him. He had done some checking and basically said the same as kep about the Okay To Buy not being achieved until January. So not likely to see customer orders until late January at earliest, and probably later than that.
I have an accepted and scheduled build date of December 24th.
Sponsored

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Ford is on a payed break that week. But I would assume then that your dealer ordered it as a stock unit to get it to you faster.

Last edited:

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si - Sold my current car and waiting patiently on my new truck
Yep. That date doesn't make sense. Is it printed on the order printout that they get on the Ford computer? If for some reason, that is your actual production date and they are working through the holiday to fulfill orders, I'd request a delay in the build. The day before Christmas builds might be a bit more problematic than the other non-holiday build dates. :shock: How would you like working the Christmas Eve shift? :whew:

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Yep. That date doesn't make sense. Is it printed on the order printout that they get on the Ford computer? If for some reason, that is your actual production date and they are working through the holiday to fulfill orders, I'd request a delay in the build. The day before Christmas builds might be a bit more problematic than the other non-holiday build dates. :shock: How would you like working the Christmas Eve shift? :whew:
I just called the dealer with your question. The printed date is a "build week" of 12/24, not a "build date". Maybe it'll be right after Christmas when everybody is refreshed and ready to build a high-quality piece of art!

I would assume then that your dealer ordered it as a stock unit to get it to you faster.
Correct. It is a stock order and not a retail order... which means I can't get the $750 rebate :(

PS. No way that I'm requesting a delay. Too excited!!! :handsinair:

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I was also told that the stock Rangers would arrive before the custom orders. I just hope I don’t see one on the road before I get my preorder. Just sayin.

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red
I was also told that the stock Rangers would arrive before the custom orders. I just hope I don’t see one on the road before I get my preorder. Just sayin.
I was told back on September 20 when I ordered that I should get the truck in 8-10 weeks (tomorrow is 8 weeks). I understood at that time that custom orders would come before dealers started getting their stock. Guess that was wrong. And mine was pushed back anyway because of the supposed delay on the keypad option.
Been a few weird things, at least to me, about this Ranger rollout.

Reactions: kep

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I was told back on September 20 when I ordered that I should get the truck in 8-10 weeks (tomorrow is 8 weeks). I understood at that time that custom orders would come before dealers started getting their stock. Guess that was wrong. And mine was pushed back anyway because of the supposed delay on the keypad option.
That would have quite a trick, considering the start of production is next monday. :) The rollout has been for the most part right on schedule. The first trucks to ship will happpen right after OKTB , sometime in Jan.

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
I think your dealership forgot that this is new production roll out and quoted you a build time on a current production model. kep is spot on as for the time line. OKTB is "ok to build" and that is established when the production line is putting out trucks consistently with out problems.

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
Today is November 26th, the day job #1 begins! No news reports yet but I expect something to be announced.
This has been a little confusing. The original production start date was Nov 26th. Back on October 22nd Ford had that big press conference at the Michigan plant and announced they were going to start production early I think on Oct 29th. I was under the impression that it was just a bunch of hype and that actual production wasn't going to start until Nov 26th.

At the the SF drive event on Saturday I asked my driver when he thought OKTB would be achieved. He said he didn't think it would be an issue or cause any delays. Then told me that they already started production and that there was a lot filled with around 3000 new Rangers at the plant waiting to be shipped out as dealer stock. He said that the Ranger Drive Tour staff drivers were based out of the Michigan plant so I would think they had first hand information.

I have no way to confirm this and haven't seen any pictures of lots full of Rangers. Wouldn't the window stickers indicate that units were completed? So lets hope what he said was right and that production of the the stock units has been underway and they are getting closer to OKTB and our retail units will start shipping in January.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
From what I understand.... It goes like this.

TT - Tooling Trial Build. This is to verify that all the tooling processes work for the new model.
PP - Pilot Production Build. This is a continued assessment of the process capability.
MP - Mass Production Build. Normally there's a MP1 and a MP2 build. This is a continuation of the PP process.
Job 1 - Previous model is discontinued and new model is ramped up to speed.

They completed MP1 last week, So production should start ramping up this week.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Status
Not open for further replies.