Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Duke! Just talked with my installer. $1450 pre tax for Bilstein 5100s all around set at 1 inch then add the top plate 1 inch lift and alignment, then I can bring it home and check for clearance. If I have room the. We can add the bottom plate which wont require the complete tear down and spring removal. It's this stupid header that is my problem. I can gain an inch if I take out the bottom 2x4 but then I must reinforce it from above so I don't get sag and the door seals and operates correctly. I attached a pic of my clearance due to the 2 inch antenna

20210119_161153.jpg
Hi Mike,

Is this a standard 7 ft garage door height?

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mike,

Is this a standard 7 ft garage door height?

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hello Phil, unfortunately, no? it's 6.5 foot door but the door overlaps 1.5 inches so if I had to I could reconfigure the header and gain 1 inch if I absolutely had to. House was built in 1953, garage came after. Most garages of that era in my neighborhood have the same size door/ opening.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Phil, unfortunately, no? it's 6.5 foot door but the door overlaps 1.5 inches so if I had to I could reconfigure the header and gain 1 inch if I absolutely had to. House was built in 1953, garage came after. Most garages of that era in my neighborhood have the same size door/ opening.
I had the exact concern with my garage - was I going to be able to get my truck in it after the level kit and taller tires? I hope it all works out!

If you have to alter your garage to fit your Ranger in it, that’s a great story to have to tell.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Duke! Just talked with my installer. $1450 pre tax for Bilstein 5100s all around set at 1 inch then add the top plate 1 inch lift and alignment, then I can bring it home and check for clearance. If I have room the. We can add the bottom plate which wont require the complete tear down and spring removal. It's this stupid header that is my problem. I can gain an inch if I take out the bottom 2x4 but then I must reinforce it from above so I don't get sag and the door seals and operates correctly. I attached a pic of my clearance due to the 2 inch antenna

20210119_161153.jpg
Kinda pricey but less than the dealer would charge just to install their ford kit not including the secondary lift and alignment. If we find we have more room to lift there's no extra charge to add more lift. He's been a Ford guy for life, we went to high school together and he's worked on my stuff for decades, he will let me back there to watch and he does the work himself so I know it's right, as opposed to some less experienced guys who have never done the work.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I think @P. A. Schilke is looking for a place to park his A-Class next time he’s in Indiana. ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda pricey but less than the dealer would charge just to install their ford kit not including the secondary lift and alignment. If we find we have more room to lift there's no extra charge to add more lift. He's been a Ford guy for life, we went to high school together and he's worked on my stuff for decades, he will let me back there to watch and he does the work himself so I know it's right, as opposed to some less experienced guys who have never done the work.
You’re lucky to have a guy you know and trust to do this work; one who understands things like the issue with your garage. He’s “working with you” in a way that most dealers simply can’t. It’s so great that he’ll do the extra lift if needed. Your loyalty to him over the years seems to be paying off for both of you. Fingers crossed that it all goes well.
Sponsored