First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
Student
Hey guys looking to put some 33x10.5R17 tires on the stock rims. I was looking at rough country’s 2.5” level kit but they said it wouldn’t fit. However BDS 2” level kit says it would fit them.

I was hoping to do rough country’s lift so I don’t have to take the strut apart like with the BDS level kit. Will this tire set up still work with the rough country level kit?
Sponsored

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
Hey guys looking to put some 33x10.5R17 tires on the stock rims. I was looking at rough country’s 2.5” level kit but they said it wouldn’t fit. However BDS 2” level kit says it would fit them.

I was hoping to do rough country’s lift so I don’t have to take the strut apart like with the BDS level kit. Will this tire set up still work with the rough country level kit?
I did the rough country lift. And I think you could do better. The lift comes with studs that need to be pressed in for lack of a better word. I recommend finding a kit with the studs already installed. The time you save will be worth an extra 50-100 bucks you spend. Also be very careful with the CV joint. It’ll very likely to pop out if your doing the job yourself. That’s a whole nother can of worms.

Oceanwylie

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

I did a 2.5 level, 1.5” wheel spacer, factory wheels and BFG k02 and I had to adjust the crash bars a little bit but it fits and looks badass

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

33s always sound like a good idea but you’ll likely want to stick with 32s. I have the same 2-1/2” level kit, 275/70/17s (32.2”), +15mm offset wheels. Very close to rubbing on the rear and I’m changing to ReadyLIFT crash bars just to be safe.

33s are likely better suited to a 3” lift unless they’re pizza cutters like the 255/80/17 but it’s still a risk.

Also, head the warning from @Bluebeastsrt - my build thread in my signature talks about ways to limit this risk.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
I have a 2.5” level with bilstein 5100! I went with 33x11.5 but my wheels are 17” 0mm offset so I cut the crash bars. I love the tires! Go with you 2.5” lift If your keeping stock wheels you’ll need spacers from what I’ve read! But I’m not sure as I went aftermarket.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
how's the ride set at 2.5"? I have the struts just not installed yet...I'm deciding between 1.8 an 2.5" of lift. Leaning towards 2.5

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
how's the ride set at 2.5"? I have the struts just not installed yet...I'm deciding between 1.8 an 2.5" of lift. Leaning towards 2.5
i love it! That with out the wheels and tires drove great. Not mushy at all like the original fx4 shocks. Than adding the wheels and tires it’s a whole new truck!
Sponsored