Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS; Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADA
Wouldn’t you need an alignment anyhow?
I don't see why if you're just removing the upper ball joint, axle nut, and sway bar to lower the strut.
Sponsored

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I don't see why if you're just removing the upper ball joint, axle nut, and sway bar to lower the strut.
I think generally with any lift or level it is good idea to have an alignment done after.

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS; Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADA
I think generally with any lift or level it is good idea to have an alignment done after.
The only thing it could affect if the camber, but given how good wishbone (this is a form of wishbone) suspensions are at keeping camber across the range of travel, then I suspect the alignment difference would be negligible.

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
The only thing it could affect if the camber, but given how good wishbone (this is a form of wishbone) suspensions are at keeping camber across the range of travel, then I suspect the alignment difference would be negligible.
Fair, though an alignment is cheap (much cheaper than tires) so I would be hard pressed to not have it done after any change to my suspension.

hookem57

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Driver
Neither one of these mods were "easy". The silly Ford "intrusion bars" had to come completely out - why these are on the Rangers and not the Raptors I haven't figured out.

Cutting them out wasn't fun - but with a combo of a sawzall and 6" grinder, I got them off in a couple of hours. Should be plenty of room now for bigger tires once I wear the stockers out.

The 2" level kit I got from Ranger Lift Kits - but I can tell you his "how too" video didn't help much. I basically had to pull the entire front end apart (see pic) to get them out / in. Which if I would have planned on that going in, would have been a little easier - the first side took me 2 and a half hours - but once I had it all figured out, the second side took about an hour. Luckily I have a buddy with a lift and a 6' long pry bar - which was still needed with everything taken apart.

The other pain, is that no one wants to do the alignment, due to the lane assist / adaptive cruise control on the Tremor - apparently, after an alignment, they should recalibrate those sensors / settings. Went to 3 shops, and none of them would touch it. All of them said "take it to Ford". My friendly Ford dealership is over a month out for an alignment. I found an independent shop that can do it, so I'll be getting that done in the next couple of days hopefully.

Overall really happy with the trucks stance / look now. But man, never put spacers on a vehicle (and I do it to anything I've driven in the last decade) and had to do a bunch of cutting / cussing to make it work.

truck 1.jpg

truck 2.jpg

truck 3.jpg
Yes sir, I went through the same thing with the Ranger Lift 2". The shock itself has no travel is the problem. That's good for what's its made for though. I'm thinking about spacers myself. Like the way your Ranger looks.
Sponsored