Not Again

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
Lol, i've had 2 loaner Rangers in the meantime and both have been decent except for the crappy brake pedal feel.
I feel your pain but they gave me a fcking van.......
Sponsored

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
So after 2.5 weeks in service for a truck that didn't even make it home from the dealership after purchase (Bad pin in harness,) i got it back yesterday afternoon.

This evening, took it for a drive and See Manual light come on and it felt like it went into limp mode. Then it seemed to clear. Came to a stop and tried to take off and it roared but wouldn't move. turns out all i had was 7th gear.

Got to a place where i could park it. Turned it off, then back on and it seemed fine. No check engine light. Took it for a drive and in less than a 1/4 mile it started doing the same thing.

I've probably got less than 100 miles on the truck and have had it a total of 2 days since i bout it on the 17th of Aug.

Lol, i've had 2 loaner Rangers in the meantime and both have been decent except for the crappy brake pedal feel.

Have you folks had luck contacting Ford service thru a Twitter DM?
I called Ford Customer Care - they followed the truck and in Short order turned it over to RAV. They are buying it back.

Robert Scott

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
THESE ARE MY POSTINGS; HOPE IT GIVES YOU SOME CLARITY!

My 2019 Ranger has been in the shop seven (7) times for a total of 12 days. Total mileage is 1824 miles. The dealer and Ford can't figure out the cause of the problem. I receive a notice on the dash and FordPass: Wrench Symbol; POWERTRAIN MALFUCTION ( 21 times on FordPass) and PARK AID MALFUNCTION (5 times on FordPass). When the symbols appear, the following stop working: (1) NO CRUISE CONTROL, (2) ALL EXTERNAL SENSORS STOP WORKING, (3) AUTO HEADLIGHTS STOP WORKING. Ford thinks it is caused by a faulty GATEWAY MODULE, which the resigned version will be available August 5th. This truck is a LEMON! Other than this major problem, the truck is great.

Nothing has been fixed in spite of all the visits to the Ford dealership. I just discovered the auto window switch on the drivers side does not work automatically. The dealership now feels the problems are a safety issue and has asked me not to drive it. They have provided me a NEW RANGER to drive until they can figure something out. I paid cash for the truck that now sits home in my garage. , Going through the Ford Customer Service, I filed for a Ford Buy Back via the California Lemon Law. California requires 30 days to complete it's findings. Today is DAY 30, lets see what happens.

My Tundra was a great truck and only had 113 K miles; never once had it been in the shop. I felt it was time for a change. I still feel good with my decision. Hopefully all ends well. Thank you for your interest. I will keep you posted.

WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP! The Ford Customer Care Team is an incompetent joke. As you have seen with all the safety issues I have been through with my new 2019 Ford Ranger, I get another kick in the head from the “Care Team”. Donna H, the team member who has handled my account from the beginning did it again. She is the person that suggested I apply for a Buy-Back. On June 20th she said that she had applied and because I live in California, it will take 30 days. The time was up on the July 20. There has been no contact from anyone. I emailed Donna H. on July 22nd----no response. I called her on July 24th. After being placed on hold for 28 minutes, she answered. Checking my account: SHE NEVER APPLIED TO CALIFORNIA FOR A BUY-BACK. I have not driven my safety riddled truck for over a month and now I have to wait another 30 days. She said yes, no apologies no nothing. I tried to explain that this is a major hardship being down to our other car causing appointment and schedule conflicts. Her response “move your appointments around so they don’t conflict”. If there is anyone out there with some Ford authority, please check it out, I NEED HELP. My case number is CAS-21698601.

Well, well the day is coming. The buy back will take place this Tuesday the 27th of August. Ford tells me this truck is going to the auction! They wanted one more shot at a repair, for the auction so I brought it in on Thursday. They installed the new redesigned Gateway Module. No luck, still total failure. Ford is going to reimburse me the total expense I paid, $43,000, less $400 because I drove the truck 1221 miles (0.33/mile). My truck total down time about three months. I will order a 2020. Who knows when they will be available. In the antrum, I will be walking.

Today is August 29, 2019; the 2019 Ford Ranger is no longer mine. I have a check in hand for what my cost were, less $400. In the other hand is a DORA for a 2020 Ford Ranger. It is on order-----God speed.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Bob,

I am very sad to hear the way you were treated by Ford Customer Care. I can't believe the district FSE and the Dealer could not resolve the problem...So auctioning it off only aggravates another customer...Why is it not back in Dearborn being diagnosed?

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Bob,

I am very sad to hear the way you were treated by Ford Customer Care. I can't believe the district FSE and the Dealer could not resolve the problem...So auctioning it off only aggravates another customer...Why is it not back in Dearborn being diagnosed?

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hopefully they sold it fully disclosing the issue but I agree - it seems like Ford would want to figure out what was wrong. My Saturday afternoon quarterbacking sounds like more connector/connection issues.

OP
OP
Sabasigh

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
My dealer is telling me that since it's a factory warranty claim every single step must be preapproved by Ford which delays this whole process

Not sure if true or not...

OP
OP
Sabasigh

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talked to the Service Mgr today and he says they "believe" or "looks like" (can't recall) its another pin in the same harness and they're trying to get another harness.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I
THESE ARE MY POSTINGS; HOPE IT GIVES YOU SOME CLARITY!

My 2019 Ranger has been in the shop seven (7) times for a total of 12 days. Total mileage is 1824 miles. The dealer and Ford can't figure out the cause of the problem. I receive a notice on the dash and FordPass: Wrench Symbol; POWERTRAIN MALFUCTION ( 21 times on FordPass) and PARK AID MALFUNCTION (5 times on FordPass). When the symbols appear, the following stop working: (1) NO CRUISE CONTROL, (2) ALL EXTERNAL SENSORS STOP WORKING, (3) AUTO HEADLIGHTS STOP WORKING. Ford thinks it is caused by a faulty GATEWAY MODULE, which the resigned version will be available August 5th. This truck is a LEMON! Other than this major problem, the truck is great.

Nothing has been fixed in spite of all the visits to the Ford dealership. I just discovered the auto window switch on the drivers side does not work automatically. The dealership now feels the problems are a safety issue and has asked me not to drive it. They have provided me a NEW RANGER to drive until they can figure something out. I paid cash for the truck that now sits home in my garage. , Going through the Ford Customer Service, I filed for a Ford Buy Back via the California Lemon Law. California requires 30 days to complete it's findings. Today is DAY 30, lets see what happens.

My Tundra was a great truck and only had 113 K miles; never once had it been in the shop. I felt it was time for a change. I still feel good with my decision. Hopefully all ends well. Thank you for your interest. I will keep you posted.

WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP! The Ford Customer Care Team is an incompetent joke. As you have seen with all the safety issues I have been through with my new 2019 Ford Ranger, I get another kick in the head from the “Care Team”. Donna H, the team member who has handled my account from the beginning did it again. She is the person that suggested I apply for a Buy-Back. On June 20th she said that she had applied and because I live in California, it will take 30 days. The time was up on the July 20. There has been no contact from anyone. I emailed Donna H. on July 22nd----no response. I called her on July 24th. After being placed on hold for 28 minutes, she answered. Checking my account: SHE NEVER APPLIED TO CALIFORNIA FOR A BUY-BACK. I have not driven my safety riddled truck for over a month and now I have to wait another 30 days. She said yes, no apologies no nothing. I tried to explain that this is a major hardship being down to our other car causing appointment and schedule conflicts. Her response “move your appointments around so they don’t conflict”. If there is anyone out there with some Ford authority, please check it out, I NEED HELP. My case number is CAS-21698601.

Well, well the day is coming. The buy back will take place this Tuesday the 27th of August. Ford tells me this truck is going to the auction! They wanted one more shot at a repair, for the auction so I brought it in on Thursday. They installed the new redesigned Gateway Module. No luck, still total failure. Ford is going to reimburse me the total expense I paid, $43,000, less $400 because I drove the truck 1221 miles (0.33/mile). My truck total down time about three months. I will order a 2020. Who knows when they will be available. In the antrum, I will be walking.

Today is August 29, 2019; the 2019 Ford Ranger is no longer mine. I have a check in hand for what my cost were, less $400. In the other hand is a DORA for a 2020 Ford Ranger. It is on order-----God speed.
'M so sorry you've had such a bad time! Hopefully your new 2020 Ranger will be perfect.:like:

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I well understand the frustration and disappointment which accompanies a malfunctioning and inoperable newly purchased Ranger. My truck had a bad fuel injector and went into the repair shop for 21 days with less than 400 miles on it. Lack of available parts was a compounding factor. I was not provided a loaner vehicle. I contacted Ford Corporate seeking help in getting my truck fixed as quickly as possible. I was assured some compensation for my troubles. My truck was returned to me and I was no longer being contacted by the regional customer service representative despite several calls into them.

I then laid out my whole story in a letter to Ford Corporate. I got a call from another customer service representative who was good about contacting me and keeping me informed about the review of my case.

I ultimately received a fair amount of compensation for buying a truck that was not in good working order at the time of purchase. The needed repairs were done under the warranty at no out of pocket cost to me. The downside was some weak links in the customer service continuum.

One bad experience does leave a deeper impression than multiple mediocre or even good ones. All employees should seize opportunities to put their best foot forward on behalf of the company they each represent. I have been made whole by Ford and I truly am enjoying my Ranger. Nonetheless, I am acutely aware of my experience.

I hope others who have these types of problems are helped by those who are the pride of Ford and work hard to make the blue oval shine bright.

OP
OP
Sabasigh

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One bad experience does leave a deeper impression than multiple mediocre or even good ones. All employees should seize opportunities to put their best foot forward on behalf of the company they each represent. I have been made whole by Ford and I truly am enjoying my Ranger. Nonetheless, I am acutely aware of my experience.

I hope others who have these types of problems are helped by those who are the pride of Ford and work hard to make the blue oval shine bright.
So true. I had to take my Chevy in for routine service & tires this week and that dealership's service dept is great. Stark contrast to any other Ford dealership i've been to. And since i've had a few Fords, i've been to many dealerships. Give them one chance and it they're not focused on customer service, i move to the next.

This dealership for the Ranger has gotten my repeat business, previously bought a 2011 Edge there. Ok, but not great. They left me a vm this morning asking permission to put 50 miles on the truck to test the new harness.

*Oh, and part of the voicemail was them explaining they've had to fight thru some "Ford Red Tape" in order to get approval to replace the harness but they're going ahead w/o the approval at this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ric
OP
OP
Sabasigh

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got a 2nd voicemail later Friday from service advisor that the harness was replaced but now the screen is blurry. Basically been sitting ever since.

Called Ford customer service this morning and initiated a buy back request.

*Update: Service advisor called and sd Ford sent them a wiring harness that was different than the current one and advised it has been redesigned. So currently waiting on additional harness(es) to completely change over to the new design.

I asked to be able to see the work while the truck was on the lift to ensure it wasn't duct taped/zipped tied bunch of wires when the vehicle gets completed.
Sponsored

Last edited: