Srgraham1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL STX
Vehicle Showcase
My next truck will be a late 60/early 70s era f100 - other than that toy, I'd absolutely purchase the truck again in xl stx screw 4x4 and locking diff. No regrets and after 6600 miles I continue to make up reasons why I need to take the truck out. All the Colorado/Tacoma drivers I pass while towing my travel trailer seem to look like they wish they could unring the bell.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all.... My only regret is not getting the original color I wanted (Blue) and the Leather seats. Maybe I'll get them recovered in leather if that time comes..

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
100% +!!!!! Yes!! I agonized over buying a Tacoma or one of the GM twins for over 6 months. Multiple test drives and renting each of them. I never even considered the Ranger. I was 1 week away from pulling the trigger on a Tacoma and I decided to go look and sit in the Ranger. I was sold on the comfort of just sitting in it (way better than the competition for me). I purchased mine without test driving (only sitting in one). I had 1 day to take advantage of D plan incentives ending at the end of July. Crazy, I know however, I'm absolutely blown away every time I drive it. This truck is 100% of everything i was looking for in a mid size truck.
I drove 7 hours to save $$$$. I hadn't even seen one in person. I looked at the other brands and wrote the Ranger off because of price and lack of incentives. Until I started browsing around online and found a deal out of state. Once I compared apples to apples price wise, I felt like the Ranger definitely had the best standard tech, safety, drivetrain and ultimately, comfort. I love the thing so far. It tows great, looks great and achieves very good MPG if you try. I'm hoping to get 7 years and at least 110k before I trade.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I was planning on keeping my '09 till I had to bury it into the ground... Made the mistake of going to the dealer and test driving it! LOL . As many said, "Comfort" is what won me over.

So yeah, you betcha I'd get another Ranger!
Same, I had a loaded Jeep still under extended warranty and made the mistake of going on a test drive in the Ranger Lariat. Handed over the keys to the Jeep and didn't look back. The Ranger is just outstanding in every way!

The back seat folding/storage isn't perfect in the crew but I am sure they will tune that up in MYs to come. A small comeuppance for us early adopters in my opinion. The sticker prices only go one way. Up.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Does a bear shit in the woods?

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
New owner here with 2019 highly optioned XLT 4x4 Crew cab Sport. Excited about my turbo truck. Really stepped outside my comfort zone coming from my tried and true full size Chevy Avalanche of nearly 15 years of pure bliss reliability. Taking a leap of faith with the EcoBoost that has been in the Mustang since 2015 that this little gem will work out for me for the next 15 years, hopefully. How I got excited about the Eco is test driving a new mustang.
I test drove all the midsized pu's (Ridegeline, Frontier, Taco, Colorado) and only came away with a smile from the ZIPPY go fast ford! It has all and I mean all one could ask for safety features and love those push button electric folding mirrors! Only wish for Leather seats but was not going to pay up another $4K for them with the Lariat package when I had all those features already + less the FX4 package which I don't care about.

Those owners now. - Would you buy again given the chance to unring the bell?
100% I would buy again. You know that Ford has had versions of the 4 cylinder turbos for a while. I owned an 86 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe back in the day. This was no light car but it would haul boogie. They also had them in the 80's model SVO Mustang's as well. Back then we didn't use the term "ECO" LOL. Knowing Ford they left a lot of meat on the bone to place tunes and mod's to get a lot more power. Hennessey is one of the first to tap into that power reserve to make a beast of a Ranger.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
New owner here with 2019 highly optioned XLT 4x4 Crew cab Sport. Excited about my turbo truck. Really stepped outside my comfort zone coming from my tried and true full size Chevy Avalanche of nearly 15 years of pure bliss reliability. Taking a leap of faith with the EcoBoost that has been in the Mustang since 2015 that this little gem will work out for me for the next 15 years, hopefully. How I got excited about the Eco is test driving a new mustang.
I test drove all the midsized pu's (Ridegeline, Frontier, Taco, Colorado) and only came away with a smile from the ZIPPY go fast ford! It has all and I mean all one could ask for safety features and love those push button electric folding mirrors! Only wish for Leather seats but was not going to pay up another $4K for them with the Lariat package when I had all those features already + less the FX4 package which I don't care about. Those owners now. - Would you buy again given the chance to unring the bell?
I have a loaded Lariat FX4, and I love the drive train, the torque, the effortless acceleration, the tech, the comfortable, heated seats with lumbar support, the safety features, the MPG, the remote starting via Ford Pass or the key fob, Apple Play, the killer B & O sound system! Even though I do not tow at all, rarely haul anything of significant weight, and have never been off road in my life (or plan to), I am confident that the FX4 will be able to handle the obstacles that life puts in our path (snow storms, bad roads, shopping carts pushed out onto the freeway, etc.) in a way that my 2014 Explorer Limited could not. Of course, the 2019 Ranger is not perfect, and I have issues with the bouncy street ride, the poorly planned back seat (why can it not fold flat for those of us who want to use it mostly or exclusively for storage?), the manual backrest adjustment on the front seats, etc. I hope that Ford will resolve these issues in the coming years or generation(s), but I would buy the current model again in a heartbeat!

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
100%!!!!!! Love this truck! My favorite vehicle I have ever owned!:like:

Shadowranger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger and 2013 Volkswagen passat
Occupation
Owner and operator Xplicit wraps
I test drove all the midsized pu's (Ridegeline, Frontier, Taco, Colorado) and only came away with a smile from the ZIPPY go fast ford! It has all and I mean all one could ask for safety features and love those push button electric folding mirrors! Only wish for Leather seats but was not going to pay up another $4K for them with the Lariat package when I had all those features already + less the FX4 package which I don't care about.

Those owners now. - Would you buy again given the chance to unring the bell?
I would do it again. I'm truly in love with this truck. Ride is phenomenal, feels safe and sturdy. Only thing I wish it came with a 6foot bed on the crew cab
Sponsored