2019 Ranger FX4 (In my garage) & Carvana Purchase Review

tall14dude

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
Hi all! I'm happy to say after a couple months of shopping I'm a Ranger owner. It took awhile to decide on the right truck but now, 4 days in, I'm happy with my purchase. I'm still learning how to drive it (it's my first truck and this thing sits a lot higher up then my 2012 Chevy Impala).

I bought this from Carvana. First time using them and I was very skeptical. Right off the bat I was about to cancel. They want you to enter your bank user and password for "fund verification." I work in the internet security field and there's no way I'm giving my bank credentials out voluntarily. I talked to a customer advocate because I ordered it on a Saturday and my bank was already closed. The lady said "we can do a three-way call with you and your bank. I'm allowed to hear your security questions and answers..." Um, no, no you're not. Can I see your Security Clearance please? Third option was a cashiers check. So, I did that. Pro Tip: When buying through Carvana, make sure you can get a Cashier's Check that day. They want their money and they want it now. Carvana gives 48 hrs to verify funds.

Of course the loan didn't process fast enough, so I called the bank and they were really good when I told them I'm buying it through Carvana. They seemed to know Carvana's tight deadlines. The processor said underwriting will have it done within the hour. Awesome! Go BECU!

That was really the only hassle. Except for a couple days before delivery. They pushed it out a week because of the snow storm WA received around Christmas. But, finally on Jan. 8, 2022, I received an email to sign Title and Registration documents. 24hrs later, the driver called said he was going to be about 20 mins late due to the backlog of deliveries from last week's snow storm. Cool! He shows up, unloads the truck, and out comes my inspection glasses :). I took it for a spin and now 5 days later, it's sitting in my garage -- that part I was really excited about. I wasn't sure if it would fit and it doesn't ... with the antenna lol. Already found my first mod and the order has been placed for a shorter antenna. (plus, who uses a radio anymore. This thing has sync on it so I use my phone).

Long story short: I'm happy to say scanning this forum helped with my purchase. It also helped with inspecting the truck. I bought an OBD2 reader and FORscan license to make sure there were no trouble codes and so I could run the computer tests. That's some powerful software, and I look forward to learning how to use it more.

I'm really looking forward to driving the truck and taking it out onto some forest roads deep in the woods.

IMG_20220111_110805.jpg
Sponsored

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your first truck and Ranger.

Lots to learn here,these guys know their stuff. Enjoy she is a beauty.Love the color too

WesternFlyer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX 4x4
Occupation
Flying High
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all! I'm happy to say after a couple months of shopping I'm a Ranger owner. It took awhile to decide on the right truck but now, 4 days in, I'm happy with my purchase. I'm still learning how to drive it (it's my first truck and this thing sits a lot higher up then my 2012 Chevy Impala).

I bought this from Carvana. First time using them and I was very skeptical. Right off the bat I was about to cancel. They want you to enter your bank user and password for "fund verification." I work in the internet security field and there's no way I'm giving my bank credentials out voluntarily. I talked to a customer advocate because I ordered it on a Saturday and my bank was already closed. The lady said "we can do a three-way call with you and your bank. I'm allowed to hear your security questions and answers..." Um, no, no you're not. Can I see your Security Clearance please? Third option was a cashiers check. So, I did that. Pro Tip: When buying through Carvana, make sure you can get a Cashier's Check that day. They want their money and they want it now. Carvana gives 48 hrs to verify funds.

Of course the loan didn't process fast enough, so I called the bank and they were really good when I told them I'm buying it through Carvana. They seemed to know Carvana's tight deadlines. The processor said underwriting will have it done within the hour. Awesome! Go BECU!

That was really the only hassle. Except for a couple days before delivery. They pushed it out a week because of the snow storm WA received around Christmas. But, finally on Jan. 8, 2022, I received an email to sign Title and Registration documents. 24hrs later, the driver called said he was going to be about 20 mins late due to the backlog of deliveries from last week's snow storm. Cool! He shows up, unloads the truck, and out comes my inspection glasses :). I took it for a spin and now 5 days later, it's sitting in my garage -- that part I was really excited about. I wasn't sure if it would fit and it doesn't ... with the antenna lol. Already found my first mod and the order has been placed for a shorter antenna. (plus, who uses a radio anymore. This thing has sync on it so I use my phone).

Long story short: I'm happy to say scanning this forum helped with my purchase. It also helped with inspecting the truck. I bought an OBD2 reader and FORscan license to make sure there were no trouble codes and so I could run the computer tests. That's some powerful software, and I look forward to learning how to use it more.

I'm really looking forward to driving the truck and taking it out onto some forest roads deep in the woods.

IMG_20220111_110805.jpg
Great choice of truck! I have the STX and FX4 packages. After 20,000 miles I am still looking for more reasons to drive.
Welcome aboard!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Seeing what Carvana has payed for other Rangers, I'm curious what you paid for yours.

Care to share?

Reactions: Doc

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

IMG_20220111_110805.jpg
Welcome and congrats!

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
Welcome aboard! I just checked carvana last night, My Ranger's value dropped $6000 from 2 months and 5000 miles ago. Add in the leveling kit and it drops another $3000. :curse::thumbsdown:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Welcome aboard! I just checked carvana last night, My Ranger's value dropped $6000 from 2 months and 5000 miles ago. Add in the leveling kit and it drops another $3000. :curse::thumbsdown:
Apparently, there are more used vehicles than customers now, at least in some market segments and geographical areas. Enough sellers unloaded their vehicles to where supply caught up to demand.
Sponsored