Running Board Question

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
You’d almost have to see them mounted on a Ranger to be sure, it would all depend on the type and size of bracket used, not just the width of the board itself. There’s so many options out there!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
OK I will be buying a set of running boards but I have a few questions....
How wide would you guys recommend?
How wide are the Ford running boards?

I'm very interested in these. They are 6" wide.
Will they stick out to far? Would 5" or 4" be better?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/iBoard-Run...025126?hash=item5d98b608a6:g:P98AAOSwjzld9J8m
s-l1600.jpg

It's kind of al personal preference but I like the 5". Mine are the stock ones from the factory and they're 5" which I think works out good. I had bought aftermarket ones for my Tacoma and they were 6" and personally I thought they were to wide. Now if my Ranger didn't come with these from the factory I would've bought the rock sliders instead as I feel the running boards get in the way when exiting the truck. They're constantly hitting me in the calf.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It's kind of al personal preference but I like the 5". Mine are the stock ones from the factory and they're 5" which I think works out good. I had bought aftermarket ones for my Tacoma and they were 6" and personally I thought they were to wide. Now if my Ranger didn't come with these from the factory I would've bought the rock sliders instead as I feel the running boards get in the way when exiting the truck. They're constantly hitting me in the calf.
I had running boards on my old Ranger and the one thing I didn't like was that they collected mud and snow on them - but I didn't have front mud flaps - maybe if I did they wouldn't have been such a collector.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had running boards on my old Ranger and the one thing I didn't like was that they collected mud and snow on them - but I didn't have front mud flaps - maybe if I did they wouldn't have been such a collector.
You're right you really need front mud flaps with these. When I lived back in MA mine were covered with ice/snow. Out here I just have to worry about them melting lol :sun:

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Even with the Weather Tech flaps the running boards are snow collectors.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Even with the Weather Tech flaps the running boards are snow collectors.
When you live in an area that has snow up to your windows what do you expect. :LOL:

Mach-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

Tank20xl

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Supercab
I have been looking at these and was wondering if you went with them? If you did how do you like them and do you have pictures you can post? Thanks
Sponsored