First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT
So I have a weird issue. I have a set of electronic running boards made by Pegasus4x4 based in England. I have these not by choice but because the individuals that had the truck before me had ordered them but they were left to me to install if I wanted them. Well I went through the process of installing them and they look great, just have a super odd issue that I am not sure I can fix. When I open the drivers door the correct running board drops down for me to get into the vehicle, but when I open the rear drivers side door the opposite side running board drops. This issue happens on the other side, when I open the front passenger door, the correct running board drops down but when I open the rear passenger side door the drivers side running board drops down. This mainly becomes an issue when I drop my kid off at school, she opens her door but the running board stays up, she is only 7 so have the step down is helpful for her. Any suggestions on how to fix it? The running boards get their signal to drop the boards from a connector behind the instrument cluster and not the obd like others I have seen.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chugg23

chugg23

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT
are there door sensors? swap them?
First off, ROLL TIDE!
Second, I am sure there is, I imagine that is how the truck determines if the door is ajar. I will have to look to see where they are and if they can be swapped.
My guess is the sensor is the same on both doors, but plug into different spots on the computer. So if anything I would need to determine where they plug in.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
First off, ROLL TIDE!
Second, I am sure there is, I imagine that is how the truck determines if the door is ajar. I will have to look to see where they are and if they can be swapped.
My guess is the sensor is the same on both doors, but plug into different spots on the computer. So if anything I would need to determine where they plug in.
roll tide forever.........i imagine it will be an easy swap
Sponsored