Running Board Suggestions

Mtnbikes

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Looking to replace my OEM tremor boards with a flat board like the Rhinos. Preferably a LineX material and low profile. I had the RAM TRX boards on my Rebel and would like the same setup on my Ranger.

IMG_3476.jpeg
Sponsored

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
I also do not care for the Tremor running boards. I had the Amp research boards on my F150. They were around 900 when I bought them back then. They are now 1700 no way worth that.

I was thinking about pulling off just the steps of the Tremor Boards and get the rails Line-X'd when I get the bed done. I think that would look good. Those Tremor steps are useless.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Look up the GoRhino RB20 running boards, they have the bedliner finish, and are more raptor/trx like. I've had a set for over a year and they're still in great shape.

OP
OP
Mtnbikes

Mtnbikes

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look up the GoRhino RB20 running boards, they have the bedliner finish, and are more raptor/trx like. I've had a set for over a year and they're still in great shape.
I did look at those. Do they taper in the back? Do you have a pic of yours on your truck?

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Tyger blades have been working out pretty well for me. Sit high and tight. Cheaper than most other options out there.

Doogie

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 2wd/ 2003 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Re(tired) Electrician
Looking to replace my OEM tremor boards with a flat board like the Rhinos. Preferably a LineX material and low profile. I had the RAM TRX boards on my Rebel and would like the same setup on my Ranger.

IMG_3476.jpeg
I can tell you which ones you shouldn't get. The Amp Research power steps. I paid my Ford dealership $2300 to buy them, and install them on my Ranger. I had nothing but trouble with them and Ford would take no responsibility . They would open and close going down the road, they would set off the cross traffic alert. They bought and installed them, and I got stuck with them and lost $2300. I finally just disconnected them.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Depends on what you do. Looks like you have a Tremor, so if you plan to go OffRoad I would recommend finding a Rock Slider that acts as a step at the same time. I say this because it won't take much to bend a running board OffRoad. If you not planning to go OffRoad then any Running Board will do

Lcr3000

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Click on my profile picture, I'm running the Rhinos, take a look. I like the profile and fit. If you are going to use them to step into the vehicle, they are more useful IMO and you will not bump your shin on them. The clearance is higher than the tremor bars. They are solid too. Let's put it this way, just like the Tremor steps, you won't be getting any door dings in a parking lot from those pesky unruly passenger cars.

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
I can tell you which ones you shouldn't get. The Amp Research power steps. I paid my Ford dealership $2300 to buy them, and install them on my Ranger. I had nothing but trouble with them and Ford would take no responsibility . They would open and close going down the road, they would set off the cross traffic alert. They bought and installed them, and I got stuck with them and lost $2300. I finally just disconnected them.
They worked perfect on my F150 for 8 years but I installed them myself. Bought them in 2015 for 900 bucks at Stage3.

You sure they were not the ford branded ones? They suck...

OP
OP
Mtnbikes

Mtnbikes

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Click on my profile picture, I'm running the Rhinos, take a look. I like the profile and fit. If you are going to use them to step into the vehicle, they are more useful IMO and you will not bump your shin on them. The clearance is higher than the tremor bars. They are solid too. Let's put it this way, just like the Tremor steps, you won't be getting any door dings in a parking lot from those pesky unruly passenger cars.
They look great! Are those the slim version?

Lcr3000

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Negative, they are the RB20 Originals.

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God

IMG_3476.jpeg
I looked at the amp stuff and the Go Rhino stuff and went with the Rhino and have not regretted it a second. The biggest issue with the amp stuff is the single motor is open to the elements and thus is an unacceptable point of failure for me. The Rhinos have dual closed motors on each side and a better warranty. I still have the flat set that came off my Lariat and will sell them pretty cheap plus ground shipping. Send me a private message if you think you might be interested.

yeah they are prone to failure due to that open motor. I didn’t buy my Rhinos through Ford and after reading your post I am glad I didn’t
Sponsored