Bronco hints might show Ranger Raptor 2.7L engine option.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima

Ugga Mugga

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-ford-bronco-could-get-a-7-speed-manual-transmi-1829563048

Sources say that a 7 speed manual is in the works and is most likely going to be paired with a 2.7L EB. If this is true, and since the Ranger and Bronco are sharing a platform, this gives hope that the RR could get a 2.7L instead of the 2.3L.
Yassss! Hope it's true and doesn't get nixed by the bean counters. Putting that 2.7L Ecoboost in the Ranger Raptor would really elevate it to even higher halo model status.

How many of you guys would pass on the Ranger Raptor if it gets the 2.3L versus the 2.7L? Or you'd be interested either way?

OP
OP
rduvall

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
I would be super interested in getting the RR vs the Ranger if it had the 2.7L in it! There are lots of tuning options out there for that engine that would make it a beast in that truck!

WI LION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang GT
I would be super interested in getting the RR vs the Ranger if it had the 2.7L in it! There are lots of tuning options out there for that engine that would make it a beast in that truck!
The 2.3L has its share of tuning options as well, but the 2.7L has more aftermarket support you're saying?

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
There are pictures of the "baby bronco" floating around today.

Excuse me for a moment while I go throw up.

Looks like a MINI Cooper and a Nissan Juke had a big baby boy.

This goes well with Ford's other embarrassments like the new Ranger that looks like a 1990s Ford bubble design contest gone wrong and the 4-door Mustang variant we've seen photos of lately.

Yuck.

Thankfully the rumor is that these pictures are NOT the actual 2020 Bronco but instead a smaller vehicle that is coming soon and doesn't yet have a name.
Sponsored