First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
I’m guessing that’s for more travel, not leveling.
With all the updates I doubt the parts will interchange.
You'd be surprised I got 2nd gen raptor control arms on my 2006 f150 that's several updates and iterations of updates. Ford likes to recycle parts and locations to save on cost of rnd and production.

20210705_153536.jpg

20210703_174231.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
So from measuring it looks like they'll work and have same mounting locations. Here are the pix as well as parts prices with part numbers. Now the only thing I need to figure out is if the cv output shaft is same spline count as m190 equipped rangers or broncos once I'm able to cross reference part numbers it should be rather easy swap.

20211005_164319.jpg

20211005_164312.jpg

20211005_121332.jpg

20211005_121256.jpg

20211005_121259.jpg

20211005_120929.jpg

20211005_120918.jpg

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Sorry about last pics with part numbers idk why the image was reversed

20211005_164312.jpg

20211005_164319.jpg

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
It says for bronco owners upgrading from m190 to m210 it does not say hubs are required so I assume they are same diameter and spline count

Screenshot_20211005-171140_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

DrPep

First Name
Pepijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, VW Golf, Ranger, Indian Scout, Beta RRS
Occupation
Research
well one is a law man, one is the horse the law man rides on and one is a science experiment by a santa claus looking english billionaire
I think he was Scottish... sensitive issue.

Cody Smith

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Definitely watching this.

I would love to put the M210 with locker with 4.7 gears in and leave the stock width ranger.

My guess it the diff would bolt in to a 2019 ranger. Can anyone confirm this?

Has anyone taken the axles out of the stock ranger CV shafts?
I see the Baja kits long travel comes with just he axles. So I assume you can press stock ones out, But I'm not sure if they get ruined in the process or could be pressed back into the Bronco M210 CV joints.

Possibly I could buy bronco M210 front CV shafts and press the longer bronco axles out and put the stock ranger ones in.

Would love to pull the trigger and start ordering stuff to do this, if I knew it would work.

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Definitely watching this.

I would love to put the M210 with locker with 4.7 gears in and leave the stock width ranger.

My guess it the diff would bolt in to a 2019 ranger. Can anyone confirm this?

Has anyone taken the axles out of the stock ranger CV shafts?
I see the Baja kits long travel comes with just he axles. So I assume you can press stock ones out, But I'm not sure if they get ruined in the process or could be pressed back into the Bronco M210 CV joints.

Possibly I could buy bronco M210 front CV shafts and press the longer bronco axles out and put the stock ranger ones in.

Would love to pull the trigger and start ordering stuff to do this, if I knew it would work.
I'm still trying to gather more info as well, but by just reading that you need axles but not hubs it's suggested that it's same spline count. Only thing is ranger has two different cv axles those with tow package and those without.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ranger XLT spacecab
Occupation
Vehicle fleet engineer
So out of the new Ranger launch came some really interesting information.
The US Ranger is using the three piece frame as per the Bronco and next gen Ranger. The Raptor uses the front section of the original platform with the rear section from the Everest (for the coils). So the font suspension from the current Ranger Raptor will not fit a US Ranger, but the Bronco front suspension should!

GareBare

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
I was so close to testing out this theory last week. Had a Bronco M2XX in my hands but didn't have time to pull mine out and take measurements before Ford called the Bronco diff back. ?
I've been contemplating this swap because I want the E-locker and gears. Plus my cost would be less that an ARB.
PXL_20211110_201249202.jpg
PXL_20211110_201617762.jpg

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
I was so close to testing out this theory last week. Had a Bronco M2XX in my hands but didn't have time to pull mine out and take measurements before Ford called the Bronco diff back. ?
I've been contemplating this swap because I want the E-locker and gears. Plus my cost would be less that an ARB.
PXL_20211110_201249202.jpg
PXL_20211110_201617762.jpg
Same reasoning I looked into this myself. Any chance you took any measurements at all or pix of axles? Gears plus locker, stronger overall. At way than getting gears installed or locker installed. Sorry haven't kept up with this exact thread but busy fabbing up a light bar and ram mount for dash

20211126_160631.jpg

20211126_160602.jpg

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
So out of the new Ranger launch came some really interesting information.
The US Ranger is using the three piece frame as per the Bronco and next gen Ranger. The Raptor uses the front section of the original platform with the rear section from the Everest (for the coils). So the font suspension from the current Ranger Raptor will not fit a US Ranger, but the Bronco front suspension should!
From everything I've gathered as well as dimensions and suspension geometry the bronco is a Raptor minus fox shocks and I believe weaker arms but same length. About the only difference I have seen is top hat is 2 inches taller to allow for 2 inch longer shocks. BTW new bronco Raptor parts will not fit I believe it's using a single cab short bed f150 frame with f150 raptor components.

GareBare

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
@Venom_z89 I am about 80% sure that the M210/220 will bolt into the factory location on the 2019+ Ranger with little to no fabrication. Will this swap potentially need modified axle shafts, modified passenger side mounting bracket, and added electronics to operate it? Yes. I needed about 4 hours of free time last week and I was going to mount that diff in my Ranger just for Science but that didn't happen. So fingers crossed we get another one.

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
@Venom_z89 I am about 80% sure that the M210/220 will bolt into the factory location on the 2019+ Ranger with little to no fabrication. Will this swap potentially need modified axle shafts, modified passenger side mounting bracket, and added electronics to operate it? Yes. I needed about 4 hours of free time last week and I was going to mount that diff in my Ranger just for Science but that didn't happen. So fingers crossed we get another one.
Shoot I'll love you lol. I'm pretty sure about 99 percent it will fit with only 12v supplied for locker now as far as axles I'm not sure because there are 2 versions in the ranger the tow package and the non tow package.ore than likely the m210 uses same spline count as the tow package versions. That's just a guess though

GareBare

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
Shoot I'll love you lol. I'm pretty sure about 99 percent it will fit with only 12v supplied for locker now as far as axles I'm not sure because there are 2 versions in the ranger the tow package and the non tow package.ore than likely the m210 uses same spline count as the tow package versions. That's just a guess though
Just eyeballing the M2XX I think the driver's side inner CV is going to have to be from a Bronco. Looking inside the differential the distance from the axle seal to the c-clip groove looks deeper. Due to the added bulk of the locking mechanism on the carrier.
PXL_20211117_141013433.jpg

I took this measurement so that I can check the length of any shafts that might be candidates. No I didn't get diameter unfortunately. I've been extremely busy with work so taking time to measure everything just didn't happen.
The electronics are the least of my concern cause like you said it just needs 12v, ground, and a switch. Looking at the wiring diagrams for the Ranger rear locker I see it is powered by a relay in the BJB that's control by the PCM. Bronco is different and the E-lockers are run through an AWD module but I'm sure a switch and a relay will work just fine.
I just looked at the axles in the parts catalog and there are different options but I'm not sure why. Both use the same differential and wheel bearing so who knows. Might be for those with aluminum knuckles instead of steel. Idk. I'll start paying more attention to that when I get another ranger or bronco in my bay.

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Just eyeballing the M2XX I think the driver's side inner CV is going to have to be from a Bronco. Looking inside the differential the distance from the axle seal to the c-clip groove looks deeper. Due to the added bulk of the locking mechanism on the carrier.
PXL_20211117_141013433.jpg

I took this measurement so that I can check the length of any shafts that might be candidates. No I didn't get diameter unfortunately. I've been extremely busy with work so taking time to measure everything just didn't happen.
The electronics are the least of my concern cause like you said it just needs 12v, ground, and a switch. Looking at the wiring diagrams for the Ranger rear locker I see it is powered by a relay in the BJB that's control by the PCM. Bronco is different and the E-lockers are run through an AWD module but I'm sure a switch and a relay will work just fine.
I just looked at the axles in the parts catalog and there are different options but I'm not sure why. Both use the same differential and wheel bearing so who knows. Might be for those with aluminum knuckles instead of steel. Idk. I'll start paying more attention to that when I get another ranger or bronco in my bay.
The difference in axles is due to that broncos also cone equipped with either m190 if it's a base or if you upgrade to say a sasquatch package it gives you the m210 as for axles length I believe they should be 2 inches longer on both sides why I think you need to do control arms with the swap.
Sponsored