Might buy a Ranger raptor year 2020 but do I dare?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Hey!
This ranger raptor is in very good condition and serviced according to miles/time as it should. But you read so much about the problems with Ranger pickups that I almost take a little distance even though I like the car and its looks and functions.
What problems are ya'll having with the NOT US Rangers? I've got just about 96K on my 19' with the only real problem being the climate control module that Ford replaced a couple of years ago under warranty......other than that she's been very trouble free.
Sponsored

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
I am glad people drive Toyotas and all other trucks. I donā€™t want to see everyone driving same truck as I do. I work with other brand trucks every day and they are pretty good trucks in general. Yes, there are more good trucks not only Rangers! ?
I donā€™t feel embarrassed for vehicles I have owned. For me it seems a little weird if many of you had Toyotas before Ford Ranger and now youā€™re saying Tacomas are terrible? Why did you get them at all or why didnā€™t you change them asap?
Also Iā€™ve noticed many of you have friends with Tacomas. You vent only here about terrible Tacomas or you really tell them all the time how awful their truck is? I can only imagine how nice company you can be. ?
Sometimes I feel like I have more balls as some guys to make my own decisions and let others do theirs without judging.
And yes, my Ranger has had some problems and there were few weeks when I was not far from selling her. (Didnā€™t want to scare OP with not general issues and havenā€™t mention it before)I have high expectations if I have paid good money for my things. In the end it was purchased with practical purpose and it failed.
But itā€™s a damn good truck and I melted.
Now, you can shoot me or ban me or throw with stones ?
1ā€¦2ā€¦3ā€¦go! ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am glad people drive Toyotas and all other trucks. I donā€™t want to see everyone driving same truck as I do. I work with other brand trucks every day and they are pretty good trucks in general. Yes, there are more good trucks not only Rangers! ?
I donā€™t feel embarrassed for vehicles I have owned. For me it seems a little weird if many of you had Toyotas before Ford Ranger and now youā€™re saying Tacomas are terrible? Why did you get them at all or why didnā€™t you change them asap?
Also Iā€™ve noticed many of you have friends with Tacomas. You vent only here about terrible Tacomas or you really tell them all the time how awful their truck is? I can only imagine how nice company you can be. ?
Sometimes I feel like I have more balls as some guys to make my own decisions and let others do theirs without judging.
And yes, my Ranger has had some problems and there were few weeks when I was not far from selling her. (Didnā€™t want to scare OP with not general issues and havenā€™t mention it before)I have high expectations if I have paid good money for my things. In the end it was purchased with practical purpose and it failed.
1ā€¦2ā€¦3ā€¦go! ?
Ok you said so. ?

Banned.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
1ā€¦2ā€¦3ā€¦go! ?
I think the reason (it was mine) many here bought a Tacoma was the Ranger wasn't out here until 2019 so we didn't have many choices. I'm open to try anything but all I know is that every time I've tried a different brand I didn't like it and have always came back to my Ford trucks. I say this in all honesty the Tacoma was the worst truck I've ever owned! ? But I will admit the new Colorado ZR2 does look really nice and I would like to see one in person.

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
every time I've tried a different brand I didn't like it and have always came back to my Ford trucks. But I will admit the new Colorado ZR2 does look really nice and I would like to see one in person.
I see. Weā€™ll meet in ranger7g.com forum again.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I see. Weā€™ll meet in ranger7g.com forum again.
We will. The next Ranger is the 6G which starts production in July. The 7G won't be out until 2029. lol

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
We will. The next Ranger is the 6G which starts production in July. The 7G won't be out until 2029. lol
and the comments will be the same "That 7G is one ugly truck...I don't like the front end... The bed is too high...It has a faulty transmission..."

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
and the comments will be the same "That 7G is one ugly truck...I don't like the front end... The bed is too high...It has a faulty transmission..."
Most likely true but it'll have a damper by then. :wink:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey!

I'm looking at a 2020 Ford ranger raptor. Now maybe it's stupid to ask here in a Ford forum with a lot of Ford lovers ;) But I've heard and read that many people have problems with their Ford Rangers and 8 out of 10 people have said that I should drive a Hilux instead. now there is a big difference in comfort etc. This Ford I'm looking at has done 6000 miles (38000 miles) and had the distributor replaced under warranty.
What should you watch out for and look at before maybe buying a Ranger Raptor?
Hi Mike,

My understanding on purchase of used Raptors is that you need to certify that your heart is in acceptable condition to handle the fun you will have with the truck, maybe way TOO much for your heart.

Best,
Phil

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Hi Mike,

My understanding on purchase of used Raptors is that you need to certify that your heart is in acceptable condition to handle the fun you will have with the truck, maybe way TOO much for your heart.

Best,
Phil
And once again, Phil for the win!

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
1ā€¦2ā€¦3ā€¦go! ?
When I bought my first Ranger, a ā€˜99 4x4 SCAB, I really wanted that great looking, awesome Tacoma. But couldnā€™t afford it. I loved that Ranger and drove the crap out of it for ten years and 190k miles. Then I bought a 2012 Nissan Frontier. Same story, I really wanted the Toyota but didnā€™t have the money. That Frontier was awesome and took me to amazing places, and always brought me back home. Another ten years and 175k miles later I was looking for a new truck. But this time I could afford just about whatever I wanted. The Tacoma never entered the picture!
Sponsored