First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Has anybody done the control arm swap yet? It seems like the best option for my 2019 FX4. I don't really need the stronger front dif though, will probably just buy lengthened axles. Most aftermarket UCAs seem to be sold with different ball-joints depending on aluminum or iron knuckles. It looks like the pics show an iron knuckle on the Bronco. So I'm quite curious if the ball-joints can just be swapped for an aluminum knuckle Ranger.
Yea @TerraMechE has and im about to do it myself just got the arms myself. Ive done bronco coilover on mine already
Sponsored

IARLLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4, 2016 Expedition
Occupation
Auto diagnostics, tuning
Great to hear this! Any news on the upper ball-joint? If I remember right, my 19 FX4 has aluminum knuckles. I let a friend use it for a few weeks so I won't know for sure for another week. In your picks it looks like the Bronco UCA has serviceable ball-joints so maybe the ball-joint for an aluminum knuckle call press right in?

Are you going with the 210 front dif and axles? Sounded like you were planning on it.

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Great to hear this! Any news on the upper ball-joint? If I remember right, my 19 FX4 has aluminum knuckles. I let a friend use it for a few weeks so I won't know for sure for another week. In your picks it looks like the Bronco UCA has serviceable ball-joints so maybe the ball-joint for an aluminum knuckle call press right in?

Are you going with the 210 front dif and axles? Sounded like you were planning on it.
Correct i will be attempting to run the m210 along with bronco lowers and possibly icon uppers for the bronco using their ranger delta joint for the aluminum spindle. TerraMechE said he had to drill and enlarge which i believe since the taper is larger.

IARLLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto diagnostics, tuning
Thanks so much for the details! What tie-rod end are you going with?

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Thanks so much for the details! What tie-rod end are you going with?
Im going to follow what TerraMechE did and use oem outters and use 2005 mercury Mountaineer for inner. I have another thread that is called garage long travel i have tons of pictures in it too.

20230818_111944.jpg

20230818_124517.jpg

20230813_141139.jpg

IARLLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto diagnostics, tuning
I enjoyed your story and your build. Your welding and fab work are pretty awesome! We have a lot in common...including cutting off a thumb. But my (functional at best) mig welding will never come close to that the art work you are doing with your tig. Subscribed!

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
I enjoyed your story and your build. Your welding and fab work are pretty awesome! We have a lot in common...including cutting off a thumb. But my (functional at best) mig welding will never come close to that the art work you are doing with your tig. Subscribed!
Thank you for the kind words.
Sponsored