First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
No need to wait the 60 days with the Mustang Club membership. Your membership expiration date needs to be greater than 60 days. You can generate your pin right away.
Thank-You sir for your enlightening response,
Here I was, like a fool thinking I would have to wait, when, indeed the PIN can generated after membership approval.
You've saved me the wait, I intend to order it on Friday.
Thanks again!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I bought mine via X Plan and got several hefty rebates during the annual Memorial Day Sales. At the time of my purchase I got my Ranger for less than any buyer prior to my purchase by a BUNCH!! :)
Thank-You sir for your response and infinite Thanks for you service to our country.
Its is the service you and fellow Armed Services members have provided that the citizens of these United States can enjoy the freedom we all take for granted.
Hats off to you !

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That works on the mainland, but not in Hawaii.... not unless you're willing to spend several thousands of dollars of shipping and taxes, and these dealers here know it (hence the paradise tax)
Unfortunately Hounddog, Svache is exactly correct.
There are just 3 Ford dealers here on the island of Oahu and all of them are keenly aware of this fact.
Their cavalier attitude is to take it or leave it, indeed I was starting to price a 2019 from a broker located in CA because the prices are so grotesquely inflated here
Would you believe one of the Honolulu dealers quoted me a price on a 2019 Ranger that included an 8K dealer markup just this last June?
Yes, you read it correctly, 8 thousand dollars above MSRP....
Of course I told them what they could do with it and to be very imaginative.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
There are just 3 Ford dealers here on the island of Oahu and all of them are keenly aware of this fact.
Their cavalier attitude is to take it or leave it, indeed I was starting to price a 2019 from a broker located in CA because the prices are so grotesquely inflated here
Would you believe one of the Honolulu dealers quoted me a price on a 2019 Ranger that included an 8K dealer markup just this last June?
If you used XPlan they couldn't do any of that, could they? Or do none of them accept XPlan pricing?

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you used XPlan they couldn't do any of that, could they? Or do none of them accept XPlan pricing?
So far, I know that 2 of the 3 will accept X Plan pricing, but think of all the poor sacks that are unaware of this program, myself included, until 2 days ago?
All 3 of them are fine with "raping" the customer here, such is their demented attitude.

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks to all who responded to all my seemingly endless questions about using the X-Plan pricing, but I've yet another nagging question for those who've utilized this program in special ordering a Ranger.

I have registered with the Mustang Club of America and was able to obtain a PIN for a new vehicle purchase.

However, step 5 in the instructions of the X-Plan requirement states:

"Provide proof of organization membership with a recent membership card (60-day membership requirement)."

Has it been anyone's experience that the participating dealer would require this condition to be met prior to placing the order?

Or, given the fact that the time elapsed between placing the order and the vehicle actually delivered to the dealer will be well in excess of 60 days. Was the dealer willing to let you show proof of the 60 day membership at that point?

I know that this question should be directed towards the dealer, I intend to do so, but out of curiosity was wondering what other member's experiences were.

Thanks again!

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
Thanks to all who responded to all my seemingly endless questions about using the X-Plan pricing, but I've yet another nagging question for those who've utilized this program in special ordering a Ranger.

I have registered with the Mustang Club of America and was able to obtain a PIN for a new vehicle purchase.

"Provide proof of organization membership with a recent membership card (60-day membership requirement)."

Has it been anyone's experience that the participating dealer would require this condition to be met prior to placing the order?

Or, given the fact that the time elapsed between placing the order and the vehicle actually delivered to the dealer will be well in excess of 60 days. Was the dealer willing to let you show proof of the 60 day membership at that point?

I know that this question should be directed towards the dealer, I intend to do so, but out of curiosity was wondering what other member's experiences were.

Thanks again!
Honolulu ford.....
Day of picking up my ranger...
salesman, what’s your pin? I gave a copy of printed xplan form/pin.
That’s it. No hassle, in and out in less than an hour

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
So far, I know that 2 of the 3 will accept X Plan pricing, but think of all the poor sacks that are unaware of this program, myself included, until 2 days ago?
All 3 of them are fine with "raping" the customer here, such is their demented attitude.
As mentioned in pm. It doesn’t matter when it comes to the xplan. The dealership is required to honer the xplan deal. They get paid back from corporate for the sale

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks again!
I didn't have to provide any proof, just the PIN. When I did it (I got it thru my work), it said I needed a copy of a pay stub which I brought but they never asked for.

This truck purchase was the easiest I've ever done. All the paperwork (applications) were faxed to the dealer the day before I picked it up and they had the entire stack of paperwork all printed out and ready for me to sign. The signing took like 15 minutes and then I was out the door. No upselling, added charges or anything. It was AWESOME. Spent more time with the salesman in the truck while he was explaining things than I did signing paperwork.

That is how a vehicle buying experience SHOULD be in my opinion.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase

woooowho. Reason #1 why Ohio is better than Hawaii.

.........now if I could only find #2. :)

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I did have to provide proof of eligibility, it was a pay stub since I have X-plan through work. They didn't do the official paperwork until delivery, so I don't think your 60 day thing is going to be an issue.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did have to provide proof of eligibility, it was a pay stub since I have X-plan through work. They didn't do the official paperwork until delivery, so I don't think your 60 day thing is going to be an issue.
I thought the 60 days was you have to have at least 60 days REMAINING in your membership? Or maybe I've misunderstood the requirement. But either way, yes, it isn't required until delivery, so it shouldn't be an issue.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Thank-You sir for your response and infinite Thanks for you service to our country.
Its is the service you and fellow Armed Services members have provided that the citizens of these United States can enjoy the freedom we all take for granted.
Hats off to you !
Thank-you for your kind words; It was my honor to serve our Great Nation...

electryon

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Charger Daytona 392
Mokume, for proof of my X-plan membership, I just printed the email from Mustang Club which was basically a receipt showing my membership started August 20, 2019 and was valid until August 20, 2020.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I got X-Plan no problem and saved about $1200. I used Mustang Club and all the dealer wanted was my PIN and a copy of my membership card. Don't see how it could be optional and if they gave a problem I'd just dealer shop,and when you build it on line is shows it . I am from a small town and know almost everyone at the dealership and drive auction cars for them....my salesman actually did the financial side too - first new car that I wasn't bothered to death with up-sale add ons :)
Sponsored