Robert Manikowski

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150 Lariat
Still no prices listed?
If you look at the build and price website even though it says MY2019, the prices went up. I am assuming that’s because 2019 can’t be ordered any longer?

Base price.. it was $24k but now it is $24,300.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
2020 Ford Ranger Ordering/Production Timeline:
  • August 12, 2019 - 2020 Ranger Order Banks Open
  • August 13, 2019 - 2020 Ranger Order Guide Available
  • September 12, 2019 - 2020 Ranger Scheduling Begins
  • November 18, 2019 - 2020 Ranger Job #1 Date
Hopefully I am interpreting this 411 correctly, I placed a special order for a 2020 SuperCab on Aug. 26, 2019 the order was subsequently posted to the unscheduled order bank on the 28th.
According to the sales manager, the order was assigned a priority code of 19, it is my understanding that his code has the lowest priority with regards to scheduling, correct? When I queried about this assigned code, the manager explained that it is because of their prior sales performance, amongst other things
Am I also correct in assuming that on Sept. 12 all orders nationwide, whether they be special, stock or fleet when then be scheduled?
Is at this point when a VIN is assigned to the order?
Not overly anxious here, just seeking facts, I purposely waited until the 2020 order guide info became available with hopes that a more palatable exterior colors become available for the '20's, boy was I wrong! Still, I sprung for the tricoat "Rapid Red" metallic, normally I prefer darker, more subdued shades, call it mid-life crisis.
Thanks !

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully I am interpreting this 411 correctly, I placed a special order for a 2020 SuperCab on Aug. 26, 2019 the order was subsequently posted to the unscheduled order bank on the 28th.
According to the sales manager, the order was assigned a priority code of 19, it is my understanding that his code has the lowest priority with regards to scheduling, correct? When I queried about this assigned code, the manager explained that it is because of their prior sales performance, amongst other things
Am I also correct in assuming that on Sept. 12 all orders nationwide, whether they be special, stock or fleet when then be scheduled?
Is at this point when a VIN is assigned to the order?
Not overly anxious here, just seeking facts, I purposely waited until the 2020 order guide info became available with hopes that a more palatable exterior colors become available for the '20's, boy was I wrong! Still, I sprung for the tricoat "Rapid Red" metallic, normally I prefer darker, more subdued shades, call it mid-life crisis.
Thanks !
I will tell you my understanding (which may or may not be correct):

Sept 12th is when orders will begin to be scheduled. It does not mean ALL orders at that point will be scheduled. The point where the VIN is assigned is the point where the job is scheduled.

I believe the other thing is that retail orders (customer orders) won't be scheduled until OKTB is achieved, which is normally about a month after job #1. If that were true the first date your truck could be scheduled would be Mid November.

Anyone feel free to correct anything I said that is incorrect.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I will tell you my understanding (which may or may not be correct):

Sept 12th is when orders will begin to be scheduled. It does not mean ALL orders at that point will be scheduled. The point where the VIN is assigned is the point where the job is scheduled.

I believe the other thing is that retail orders (customer orders) won't be scheduled until OKTB is achieved, which is normally about a month after job #1. If that were true the first date your truck could be scheduled would be Mid November.

Anyone feel free to correct anything I said that is incorrect.
Thank - you sir for your response,
Another point the manager stated is that s/crews take priority over s/cabs production wise, I guess because of the profit margin.
I am assuming that OKTB means "okay to build"? I can
understand the lead time of a month here to weed out the potential assembly issues when changing over to 2020 production.
" hey Sue, you forgot the steering wheel on this one" or "Joe! this thing wont get anywhere without a rear end". Lol
I dont forsee taking delivery until early next year, wish the Michigan plant had scheduled tours, would of loved to somehow schedule a tour the day it's being assembled.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Thank - you sir for your response,
Another point the manager stated is that s/crews take priority over s/cabs production wise, I guess because of the profit margin.
I am assuming that OKTB means "okay to build"? I can
understand the lead time of a month here to weed out the potential assembly issues when changing over to 2020 production.
" hey Sue, you forgot the steering wheel on this one" or "Joe! this thing wont get anywhere without a rear end". Lol
I dont forsee taking delivery until early next year, wish the Michigan plant had scheduled tours, would of loved to somehow schedule a tour the day it's being assembled.
The priority statement may or may not be true - it seemed like the supercabs were taking priority in the beginning of the 2019 production but supercabs seemed to ramp up later.

OKTB is OK To Buy - my understanding is that until this happens, nothing is shipped from the factory and no retail orders are scheduled. It is basically the initial shake out period for the production line. For 2019, I seem to recall it was something in the neighborhood of 6 weeks after job #1. I would expect 2020 to be shorter since there aren't many changes from 2019.

If you look at the 2019 deliveries spreadsheet here there were only 2 vehicles delivered in January. To temper your expectations, I would expect your delivery no sooner than the beginning of February and potentially not until March. Oh, I forgot, you are in Hawaii - Make that March and maybe not until April. :) Transportation is slow, but even slower to Hawaii.

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The priority statement may or may not be true - it seemed like the supercabs were taking priority in the beginning of the 2019 production but supercabs seemed to ramp up later.

OKTB is OK To Buy - my understanding is that until this happens, nothing is shipped from the factory and no retail orders are scheduled. It is basically the initial shake out period for the production line. For 2019, I seem to recall it was something in the neighborhood of 6 weeks after job #1. I would expect 2020 to be shorter since there aren't many changes from 2019.

If you look at the 2019 deliveries spreadsheet here there were only 2 vehicles delivered in January. To temper your expectations, I would expect your delivery no sooner than the beginning of February and potentially not until March. Oh, I forgot, you are in Hawaii - Make that March and maybe not until April. :) Transportation is slow, but even slower to Hawaii.
I just gotta be patient, plain and simple.
I find it incredible that Ford charges a flat rate for transportation, whether it's a mile away from the plant to thousands of miles to Hawaii.
An unscrupulous Chevy dealer here tried to capatalize on my nephew for a '19 Silverado, I accompanied him on the transaction.
Salesman tried to levy an additional 1.5 K for shipping, when I asked for the bill of lading to prove this, he backpeddled like a bat out of hell. Sad, but true this is the kind of BS dealers here try to pull
Nephew bought a F series instead, my sister don't raise no dummies...

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
ice-capades from the Blue Oval Forums

Production Week Scheduling Info for the week of 9/16/2019.
2020 Ranger

Scheduling for Build Weeks 11/18/2019

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Production Week Scheduling Info for the week of 9/23/2019.
2020 Ranger

Retail Orders Will Not Be Selected for Scheduling for Build Weeks 11/25/2019

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Production Week Scheduling Info for the week of 9/30/2019.
2020 Ranger

Retail Orders Will Not Be Selected for Scheduling for Build Weeks 12/02/2019

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Todfoxx31

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
What changes or additions will there be on the 2020 vs. 2019?
Sponsored