Ford Ranger Sales Doubled in Q2; Ford Second Quarter Total Pickup Sales Strongest In 15 Years

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There maybe some fit and finish issues but all the Rangers I've looked at and my made in March Shadow Black Ranger has no problem right down to excellent black paint.
Consider yourself lucky.
My brother Subvet's Ranger was built 3/19 and his hood was way off and he has a paint issue and I think another issue or two. Maybe the bed line up..
Sponsored

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
The Ranger has more than just the stigma of a turbo 4 cylinder engine. The average American is dumb to realize there is a rest of the world, and that world likes trucks. Regardless, when people hear Ranger, they picture that little box that ws still being sold in 2011. Ford didn't keep up with the market. In 2005 Tacoma Gen2 came out and stole the best-selling crown from Ranger. The Ranger should find it's place over the next few years.

I buy the best truck I can afford to suit my needs when I buy. This time it was a Ranger. In a decade, when I replace the Wife's Tacoma, we shall see what the best is. Perhaps the ranger will kickstart the market into high gear.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I’m 6’3 and walked away from the Taco after sitting in it for two minutes at a new car show. I have had several vehicles with sun roofs, I rarely used them. I fit in my Ranger just fine. Ford got it right.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I’m 6’3 and walked away from the Taco after sitting in it for two minutes at a new car show. I have had several vehicles with sun roofs, I rarely used them. I fit in my Ranger just fine. Ford got it right.
I had the Panoramic Vista roof in my 2013 Escape the shade stayed close most of the time in the summer because it got just to hot inside the vehicle to leave it open. Sun roof isn't important to me.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Some seem to forget that Tacoma didn't get the #1 position until Ranger was taken off the market.
Well, the Ranger is back and once again it is a better product with a better name.
Left coast sales might stay with Tacoma,,,maybe
Let's see what 2021 sales look like.
Actually, Tacoma bested Ford in years 2005 -2011 The redesigned Gen 2 Tacoma waxed the Ranger in years 2005-2011 and Tacoma is still going strong, However, Before 2005, Ranger was king of the hill.

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/ford/ford-ranger/

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/toyota/toyota-tacoma/

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Actually, Tacoma bested Ford in years 2005 -2011 The redesigned Gen 2 Tacoma waxed the Ranger in years 2005-2011 and Tacoma is still going strong, However, Before 2005, Ranger was king of the hill.

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/ford/ford-ranger/

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/toyota/toyota-tacoma/
Absolutely right!
Ford stopped support of the Ranger around 2004 and finally stopped production in 2011.
Toyota has formidable image support and great momentum,
They will continue to hold substantial market share, they may even gain more sales cannibalized from Tundra which is on life support.
The one place you will not see one is in my garage, unless a friend needs his repaired.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
:idea:No doubt in your mind!:inlove:
Absolutely no doubt.
I would also add, so far the Tacoma has better build quality today too.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Absolutely no doubt.
I would also add, so far the Tacoma has better build quality today too.
Well you're just plain wrong, so I guess you're just here to proselytize for Toyota.
Go compare a $25000 Tacoma with a $25000 Ranger... Any and all parameters.
That will show the stark contrast.

Before you make the accusation... Yes, I am partial to Ford products and the Ranger in particular.
Maybe that's why I post here and not on the Tacoma forum.
I guess this is not the venue to compare credentials, that would be unbecoming.

Last edited:

Cshep102

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat Fx4, 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500, 2013 Ford Focus ST
This is anecdotal, but still: I have overwhelmingly gotten two comments since picking up my Ranger a week ago. The most popular response by far has been "whoa, I didn't know they were making a new Ranger! That thing looks sweet" and "holy shit, it's a new Ranger in the wild, I hadn't seen one in person yet!". I've had people roll their windows down at stoplights to talk to me about it, which is insane. This thing is going to take off hard in a few months.

Hllll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 XLT 302A with Sport package
This is anecdotal, but still: I have overwhelmingly gotten two comments since picking up my Ranger a week ago. The most popular response by far has been "whoa, I didn't know they were making a new Ranger! That thing looks sweet" and "holy shit, it's a new Ranger in the wild, I hadn't seen one in person yet!". I've had people roll their windows down at stoplights to talk to me about it, which is insane. This thing is going to take off hard in a few months.
Interesting hey!! That shows how slow sales are going....

Hllll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 XLT 302A with Sport package

19_RANGER1.jpg

• Ford strategy to focus on its winning portfolio led to a strong pickup and SUV mix while expanding transaction pricing. Truck and SUVs totaled 83 percent of Q2 sales – 4 percentage points higher than year ago, growing quarter ending transaction prices by $1,500 to $36,400 per vehicle.
  • Ford’s total pickup sales in Q2 increased 7 percent, accelerating at a faster rate than first quarter growth of 5 percent. Second quarter represented our best overall pickup truck sales performance since 2004.
  • Total Q2 F-Series sales pass the 230,000 mark, further extending our leadership position this quarter. F-Series transaction pricing was solid at $47,500 per truck, $1,200 higher than a year ago and $2,500 above the segment average.
  • Ranger retail sales have grown every month since January adding 20,880 trucks to Ford’s total pickup truck sales for the quarter. Q2 Ranger sales more than doubled relative to first quarter results.
2019-sales-2q-1.png
2019-sales-2q-2.png

------------

Original Post Below
I love how rosy this sounded...the situation is a lot more delicate for Ford, look at the aggregate numbers...Ford sales are down significantly.

5E1163C5-7D2E-45CD-A9BA-CBC43C0D01A9.png

Cshep102

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat Fx4, 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Interesting hey!! That shows how slow sales are going....
I think it has more to do with how slow the production ramp went, and how ridiculously late in the model year it happened. People don't know about it and haven't seen it because it didn't exist.
Can't have sales without vehicles to sell, can you?

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
This is my first Ford and the Ranger stole me away from Toyota Tacoma. I was going to buy a taco because there just werent that many options in my mind. Nissan never, chevy no thanks had one years ago with problems, dakota doesnt exist but wouldnt buy one if it did, taco is reputable but the horse power and torque are a joke, it may as well be a 4 cylinder...the transmission is outdated. It feels straight up slower than my 1983 toyota tercel 4 speed. The Ranger showed up and I am thankfull for that...now if only Ford brings a real 4x4 SUV so my wife stears away from the 4runner.
Sponsored