Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rangers in the easiest way possible.
MW_GasPrices_DEC30.png

Gas prices have been reliably falling month over month since this summer’s record highs. Last week, 22 states had an average gas price under $3.00. Texas led the way with an average gas price of $2.70.

Demand Is Still Lower than Last Year
Current gas demand in the US is still 300,000 barrels per day lower than this time last year. And that’s even after demand grew from 8.26 million to 8.71 million barrels per day in mid-December.
Even with upticks in demand, gas supply in the US grew by more than 2.5 million barrels.

Prices Should Continue Falling in New Year
Here’s what AAA spokesperson Andrew Gross had to say about the ongoing fall in prices.
“The cost of oil, gasoline’s main ingredient, has been hovering in the low-to-mid $70s per barrel, and that’s $50 less than the peak last Spring. Combined with low seasonal demand, gas prices could slide a bit more before leveling off.”
If supply continues to outpace demand and demand remains lower through the winter, these declining prices will likely continue.

How Does This Impact Car Prices?
Filling up a tank of gas is a minuscule expense compared with purchasing a new car. But the two prices will always be inextricably tied.
As gas prices rise, we see buyers favor fuel-efficient cars. That means buyers are buying fewer non-work trucks, performance cars, and large SUVs.
Prices go so high this summer that we were seeing people giving up gas altogether, choosing to make the switch to an EV or give public transit a try.
But now that gas prices have fallen for a prolonged period of time, we see a large uptick in the quantity and prices of the less fuel-efficient cars on our marketplace.
So if you’ve been thinking about selling a gas guzzler, do it before gas prices go back up in the spring.
Sponsored

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I wish that was my experience. Gas shot up 65 cents yesterday from when I left work to when I came home. On average it is lower than it was 1 year ago yes. But 65 cents is a huge change for a few hours.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rangers in the easiest way possible.
I wish that was my experience. Gas shot up 65 cents yesterday from when I left work to when I came home. On average it is lower than it was 1 year ago yes. But 65 cents is a huge change for a few hours.
You're not wrong. We just hope it stays below $5... that was a nightmare.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
You're not wrong. We just hope it stays below $5... that was a nightmare.
That's the problem. People begin to accept an unreasonably high price as long as it's not more than X amount of $$. This is how they force people towards alternative energy. Prices spike and come down, but not nearly where they were before. Then they spike again and so on. Next thing you know, the "acceptable" price is more than the outrageous costs of alternative energy and people begin turning towards that. Obama even said that energy prices need to "necessarily skyrocket" for alternative energy to come about.

It needs to go back down close to where it was a couple of years ago to be acceptable.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
That's the problem. People begin to accept an unreasonably high price as long as it's not more than X amount of $$. This is how they force people towards alternative energy. Prices spike and come down, but not nearly where they were before. Then they spike again and so on. Next thing you know, the "acceptable" price is more than the outrageous costs of alternative energy and people begin turning towards that. Obama even said that energy prices need to "necessarily skyrocket" for alternative energy to come about.

It needs to go back down close to where it was a couple of years ago to be acceptable.
Truth!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Overnight ours went up .30cents to $3.10
Ours went up .20 since last week. My tin foil hat theory says gas will shoot back up now that the holidays are over. They lowered the prices so people would have a little extra in their wallets and now it's going to start climbing again. ? It's the only way to keep pushing EV's on us!:confused:

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Ours has gone up about 20 cents in the past week so that article needs to catch up. Almost like they want us to believe it's going down...

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
That's the problem. People begin to accept an unreasonably high price as long as it's not more than X amount of $$.
Yeah, but with pizza and potato chips they can also keep the price the same by just making large smaller and call the old large extra large. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.