First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
With so many capabilities, it was way up there. ?

You are going to have to list the mods on that because you know some will want to duplicate that on their Ranger
Sponsored

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Oh yeah..... I want that 2.4 ghz technology in my Ranger. No fair that Bronco Raptors gets to have it. ?
Yep, that's a key fob upgrade that gives total remote control. Can do that in Forscan.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Just got the email on Thursday that my Lariat Tremor has a build date of January 30th. I ordered it while still waiting for my Bronco order. I was honestly getting a little jaded by the whole Bronco fiasco. In the meantime my Bronco was built and I took delivery in October. I needed to get out of my Gladiator so I went for it.

CE52F591-FA19-4D6C-80EF-AF2C1F79BFB8.jpeg

I will say this. I have a second Bronco order that is still going to be a while. The one I have now was always meant to be a gateway Bronco so to speak. I ordered it with the soft top and without tow to hopefully speed it up a bit. It worked. The other is with Chapman and they still have hundreds of waiting orders. And now my Ranger is getting built.

I like the Bronco. Coming from the Gladiator, the ride is so much better and the seats are so much more comfortable. Way better as a daily driver that can still venture off road. But it does have it's annoying quirks.

Guess I need to do some serious pros and cons in my head before the Ranger arrives.
Keep Both. We did.

The Ranger is mine, The Bronco is the Wife's

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I'm curious as to what quirks you dont kie about the Bronco? I wont argue that its nor for me and that I enjoy my inexpensive 1993 Nissan Pathfinder, but I'm curious of the input you have on the Bronco.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I'm curious as to what quirks you dont kie about the Bronco? I wont argue that its nor for me and that I enjoy my inexpensive 1993 Nissan Pathfinder, but I'm curious of the input you have on the Bronco.
It's really nothing major. Just some little things.

Totally hate the frameless windows. Windows rattle and whistle when the windows are cracked. The instrument cluster is a total unthought out disaster. The way the HVAC controls and remote start work together is impossible to understand. Sometimes it does one thing. Sometimes another. Not a fan of the Sync 4. It is always prompting me to connect wirelessly even though I'm already wired in. I don't like keeping wifi on my phone tuned on. So it's always giving me a prompt on screen to turn it on. Th

Surlyman

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tremor
Occupation
Hitman
Thing is the Gladiator has zero competition. Yes it's a mid size truck. But it's the only convertible mid size truck with removable doors. Just like up until 2021 the Wrangler was the only convertible SUV with removable doors. There are always going to be people who want a mid size truck but have zero desire to have a removable top and doors. Same as there are folks who would love to have one, but don't want a Jeep product.

On the flipside I'm sure there are many who would love to have more options for a body on frame SUV but don't need the removable bits. I read an article stating the demand for BoF SUVs is higher than it's ever been. This is why I have been saying the Everest would do great in the states. I'd buy one in a second.

Sorry went a little off the rails there. LOL
The difference being with the Wangler, Ford didn’t actually have anything at all to compete; que the Bronco. Likewise Jeep didn’t have a midsize truck to compete, que the Gladiator. I can’t see Ford investing in something that will just take away from their other model sales. I could have if they were discontinuing the Ranger, and just have variations of the Bronco including a truck model, but that’s not the case given the 6G with its Raptor variant.

Likewise in the same fashion with the Everest we don’t get it, because we have the Explorer and vice-versa. They wouldn’t offer the Everest here as it would directly compete with one of their own other models. They and the auto industry as a whole learned about that in the mid-teir (Mercury,Olds, etc) days.

Ford in recent has been less about giving customers what they ask for, and more so giving us what we actually need, and what they can produce so as to make a profit, shareholders do like that obviously. Where as on the flip side side FCA is over there going what flavor of 6.2L hellcat would you like? Jeep? Truck? Car?

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I had a Bronco on order for 18 months, then drove one.... nope, just like my jeep, I am older and hard seats and ride are not a thing any longer. Love my Ranger, and will certainly be looking hard at the PHEV when it hits the order banks.
The reason I wanted out of my Gladiator sooner than later is my worsening back and neck issues. I'm on the not young side of things too. The hard seats and jarring ride made even short rides uncomfortable. Driving the Bronco is night and day in comparison. Yes its a firm ride. But every little pebble in the road doesn't radiate through your body.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It's really nothing major. Just some little things.

Totally hate the frameless windows. Windows rattle and whistle when the windows are cracked. The instrument cluster is a total unthought out disaster. The way the HVAC controls and remote start work together is impossible to understand. Sometimes it does one thing. Sometimes another. Not a fan of the Sync 4. It is always prompting me to connect wirelessly even though I'm already wired in. I don't like keeping wifi on my phone tuned on. So it's always giving me a prompt on screen to turn it on. Th
Some of the stuff I would need to see up close with the electronics. As for the windows.... I would be contacting Ford to see why the windows vibrate when cracked!! That would be a big turn off too me!!

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Likewise in the same fashion with the Everest we don’t get it, because we have the Explorer and vice-versa. They wouldn’t offer the Everest here as it would directly compete with one of their own other models. They and the auto industry as a whole learned about that in the mid-teir (Mercury,Olds, etc) days.
Ford got out of the US sedan market because they wanted to focus on SUVs and trucks. So offer more SUVs.

Current Ford SUV and CUV offerings:
Expedition
Explorer
Edge (discontinued)
Bronco
Bronco Sport
Escape
Ecosport (discontinued)

Chevy offers:
Suburban
Tahoe
Traverse
Blazer
Eqinox
Trailblazer
Trax

Jeep:
Grand Wagoneer
Wagoneer
Grand Cherokee 2 row
Grand Cherokee 3 row
Grand Cherokee WK (now discontinued)
Wrangler
Cherokee
Compass
Renegade

So Jeep offers 9 soon to be 8. Chevy has 7. And Ford will have 5. Plenty of room for the Everest. It's really not in the same class as the Explorer. The Explorer has become more of a station wagon/mini van replacement just like the Durango. Not really off road capable anymore. The Everest is a true off roading people mover that would compete with the 4Runner and Tahoe.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Some of the stuff I would need to see up close with the electronics. As for the windows.... I would be contacting Ford to see why the windows vibrate when cracked!! That would be a big turn off too me!!
It's the nature of frameless windows. Same with convertible cars. I've had Jeeps that are considered convertibles. But their doors have frames.

Surlyman

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tremor
Occupation
Hitman
Ford got out of the US sedan market because they wanted to focus on SUVs and trucks. So offer more SUVs.

Current Ford SUV and CUV offerings:
Expedition
Explorer
Edge (discontinued)
Bronco
Bronco Sport
Escape
Ecosport (discontinued)

Chevy offers:
Suburban
Tahoe
Traverse
Blazer
Eqinox
Trailblazer
Trax

Jeep:
Grand Wagoneer
Wagoneer
Grand Cherokee 2 row
Grand Cherokee 3 row
Grand Cherokee WK (now discontinued)
Wrangler
Cherokee
Compass
Renegade

So Jeep offers 9 soon to be 8. Chevy has 7. And Ford will have 5. Plenty of room for the Everest. It's really not in the same class as the Explorer. The Explorer has become more of a station wagon/mini van replacement just like the Durango. Not really off road capable anymore. The Everest is a true off roading people mover that would compete with the 4Runner and Tahoe.
Like a restaurant, more options doesn’t mean a finer fare. In fact, it’s usually the opposite.

They discontinued the Edge/Nautilus because it was too in-between the Escape/Corsair and the Explorer/Aviator, again pulling from their own model sales when it really didn’t need to. They’d rather streamline down to their core sellers rather than dilute their own offerings.

And while you, I, and the auto enthusiasts working at Ford might like the Everest in the line up, and it’s off-road jazz, when it comes time to convince the majority share holders at a board meeting who sip mai Tai’s in Maui regularly that it’s going to be a money maker, will be a hard sell. Que the Timberline Explorer.

Gone are the days that guys like you and me would be working at Ford doing things in secret without a care if it would make the company money, sometimes even knowing it wouldn’t, then asking for forgiveness later (E.g, 03/04 Cobra). That type of stuff ends careers today.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Like a restaurant, more options doesn’t mean a finer fare. In fact, it’s usually the opposite.

They discontinued the Edge/Nautilus because it was too in-between the Escape/Corsair and the Explorer/Aviator, again pulling from their own model sales when it really didn’t need to. They’d rather streamline down to their core sellers rather than dilute their own offerings.

And while you, I, and the auto enthusiasts working at Ford might like the Everest in the line up, and it’s off-road jazz, when it comes time to convince the majority share holders at a board meeting who sip mai Tai’s in Maui regularly that it’s going to be a money maker, will be a hard sell. Que the Timberline Explorer.

Gone are the days that guys like you and me would be working at Ford doing things in secret without a care if it would make the company money, sometimes even knowing it wouldn’t, then asking for forgiveness later (E.g, 03/04 Cobra). That type of stuff ends careers today.

Shame how closed minded the decision makers really are. Another perfect example is the color choices offered on the Bronco. It's a platform that is screaming for some fun colors. Fun shades of blue, yellow, orange and green. Colors that pop. Instead they give them safe luxury colors. The only truly fun color they offered is cyber orange. And it was discontinued. And when Ford does offer a cool color they spread it across every model. The only model that seems to get fun but exclusive colors is the Mustang.
Sponsored