Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
Any chance you can investigate the roof rail area and see if there are any mounting holes? Would be really nice if they did.
Ok so it seems I’ve been given the wrong info and in turn gave all you guys wrong info also. The North American Ranger does NOT come equipped with mounting holes for roof bars as “standard equipment”. The only “holes” that are there are for the 4 screws that hold the drip moldings in place (2 for each). The employee that gave me the original info is, obviously, not working at the dealership anymore!

Sorry to all that were mislead, as I was, by this “fake news”!
Sponsored

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
Hey Rockweiler, did the install instructions for your swing-out toolboxes happen to call out the mounting bolt size/threads?

I want to install my bed extender from my F250 (it's adjustable width, and I can get it narrowed down to fit my Ranger) and want to utilize one of the threaded holes to install the mounting brackets.

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Rockweiler, did the install instructions for your swing-out toolboxes happen to call out the mounting bolt size/threads?

I want to install my bed extender from my F250 (it's adjustable width, and I can get it narrowed down to fit my Ranger) and want to utilize one of the threaded holes to install the mounting brackets.
Sorry man! Can’t help you there. They were installed at the dealership and they didn’t give me the instruction sheet.

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
To answer my own question (lol): so far I’m leaning a lot more towards the Wildtrak bars because, although the Backbone looks much better (and cooler, way cooler!), the bars seem to be more versatile. As in I can put whatever I want on the roof bars (another type of tray, crossbars, cargo box, etc...) but the backbone only fits the Pioneer tray. I’m thinking also for resale I can keep my platform and the truck wont look “stripped out”.
I agree I would go for the rails then you can add any accessorizes to the top (bike rack, ski rack, luggage box)

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Icon! You guys are starting to suck! You should’ve been upfront when you accepted orders that you weren’t « weeks away » from shipping your kits but rather « months ». Was it all a ploy to lock customers in ... and away from other companies?

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had to vent cause I’m back to running stock tires since April 1st because warm weather (and local bylaws) prevent me from running my studded winter tires. Now truck looks really stupid with big flares and skinny tires!

BTW 295/70R17 don’t fit with just a level kit, there’s a slight rub at full lock and when suspension is articulating, Will need the full 3-3.5 inch from the suspension lift. A 295/70 is roughly half an inch higher than a 33x12.5. Plus with the -12et on my Fuel wheels I’m a lot closer to the fenders.

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m hoping to update my build soon. Icon suspension kit has finally shipped. It hit a little unexpected delay at the border but was resolved, should be receiving this week hopefully.

Wildtrack roof bars are in from Thailand, so will install my Rhino-Rack platform on the roof at the same time I bring it in for the suspension work and wheels and tires.

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are those rock sliders? They don’t seem to be attracted to the frame.
Although they are mounted in a very sturdy fashion, more so than regular running boards, they’re “Rock Sliders” in name only!

skumancer

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX 2015 (Global Ranger)
Vehicle Showcase
Although they are mounted in a very sturdy fashion, more so than regular running boards, they’re “Rock Sliders” in name only!
That’s what it looks like! Thanks!

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As you can see the -12et wheels push the tires right to the edge of the Bushwacker flares. Glad I found this site to help me come up with this stance: https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/ ... a little bit of luck was also involved to be honest!

Also Wildtrack bars are installed ... I find they look quite good actually! ... and next step is to get my Rhino-Rack platform installed up there.