Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
On the driver's side, looking forward...you can see that this area is all open....not an illusion due to different paint colors. That square area you can partially see leads to the backside of the front bumper. IMO, it is wide open, looks unfinished and will certainly, over time allow water and debris to get up and into that area. With all the posts and various parts suggested, it has created some confusion. I know one of you has ordered some parts, lets see if they fir and cover (finish off) this area) and then we will know what to order as well.
1659287893883.png
Sponsored

a1z2s3x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 | 2022 Ford F350
On the driver's side, looking forward...you can see that this area is all open....not an illusion due to different paint colors. That square area you can partially see leads to the backside of the front bumper. IMO, it is wide open, looks unfinished and will certainly, over time allow water and debris to get up and into that area. With all the posts and various parts suggested, it has created some confusion. I know one of you has ordered some parts, lets see if they fir and cover (finish off) this area) and then we will know what to order as well.
1659287893883.png
My "illusion" question/comment was not clear (much like this entire thread, including my responses!). What I meant is that some are comparing your pictures to AzScorpion's (for example) and coming to the conclusion that they are definitely different and that there is definitely a rubber/plastic piece missing on yours. What I am wondering is if the area, in fact, is only different in that it was darker colored on the 2019 trucks because of a darker choice of base coat or primer. So, for whatever reason, the later trucks have a much lighter shade and in these photos, it makes it seem like there is something missing/left out. And, maybe there is something missing. Or, maybe not! If AzScorpion can verify that the area that I circled in red a few posts up is plastic/rubber and not metal, then that shoots my idea down and I will humbly apologize and retreat to the darkness from whence I came...:cool: My wife's truck looks like your truck, except that yours has light yellow tinted metal, and my wife's has light red tinted metal. I am wondering if AzScorpion's truck has dark-colored tinted metal....
Chris

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
If you look closely it looks like there are 2 or 3 separate plastic pieces that are connecter to the metal and too each other with the plastic rivet pins.
It is hard to see clearly due to under the truck fender and shadows, but pics in Dave's post definitely show several pieces overlapping each other, forming a cover of sorts.

BUT!!!!! I did just go out to mine and took a real close look at the diference between mine and the pic that Dave posted, specifically the very front where that large square cut out is, AND, it looks like Dave's is just painted black while mine is painted body color, Iconic Silver. I compared mine with Dave's pic and I think his "black" is just paint, not a plastic cover.
It may be we're all comparing "black" paint to body color paint !!!
ARRGGGHHHH !!!

2q74ak.jpg
This ^^^...second paragraph.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
More I think about it, More I think I'll just buy some thin cheap rubber sheets from amazon and just rig that up. Save myself money.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
More I think about it, More I think I'll just buy some thin cheap rubber sheets from amazon and just rig that up. Save myself money.
Was thinking the exact same thing....Great minds think alike !!!
Rubber sheet material on Amazon...

61DN0LAM-GL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
So... in detailed close review, on up close pictures on my own 2019 and everyone else's pictures of multiple years, on three 24" computer monitors in front of me...

Nobody's truck is different. Some just have black metal left front areas and some have body colored left front areas which makes it look like something is missing.

It does seem like something should be there but it's not. Even on 2019's. It's just the same stamped metal with a square hole in it, the same triangular screwed on flap everyone has just to the right of it.

I think we just got 8 pages of excitement for nothing. Hahah. There are a few other new tidbits in this thread where Ford is indeed Decontenting but I don't think it's this wheel well issue.

Does anyone see what I'm saying? A couple of you see it also it sounds like.

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
So... in detailed close review, on up close pictures on my own 2019 and everyone else's pictures of multiple years, on three 24" computer monitors in front of me...

Nobody's truck is different. Some just have black metal left front areas and some have body colored left front areas which makes it look like something is missing.

It does seem like something should be there but it's not. Even on 2019's. It's just the same stamped metal with a square hole in it, the same triangular screwed on flap everyone has just to the right of it.

I think we just got 8 pages of excitement for nothing. Hahah. There are a few other new tidbits in this thread where Ford is indeed Decontenting but I don't think it's this wheel well issue.

Does anyone see what I'm saying? A couple of you see it also it sounds like.
I be damned....you are correct. Dave's is just black paint.

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
So now that we all agree that all years/models of our Rangers have a butt ugly drivers side fender well. One that will ultimately fill up with road debris and whatever. Especially that square hole thingy. I'm wondering when some enterprising after-market company will give us an option to do what Ford didn't? For now, I'm looking into the idea of some rubber sheets like Grumpaw.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I be damned....you are correct. Dave's is just black paint.
Initially a couple days ago when we started this discussion I took a peek out at my car and went, whew, I'm ok. Today I was like... ok, something is fishy and got a freakin spotlight under there and stuck my fat head in there. Sure enough. The different colors are throwing people off if you don't give it a highly detailed close up look.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So now that we all agree that all years/models of our Rangers have a butt ugly drivers side fender well. One that will ultimately fill up with road debris and whatever. Especially that square hole thingy. I'm wondering when some enterprising after-market company will give us an option to do what Ford didn't? For now, I'm looking into the idea of some rubber sheets like Grumpaw.
I ordered a roll of this from Amazon ...12" x 48" x 1/8 inch thick...$26.00 (its only 3 bucks more than a 12 x 24 inch piece and only twice as much as a 12 x 12 inch piece)
Going to pull the tire off and make a template for one piece to cover the entire area.
Can use the push pins that are already there and drill a few small holes for some on the front part.

51crLuM600L._SX522_.jpg

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My "illusion" question/comment was not clear (much like this entire thread, including my responses!). What I meant is that some are comparing your pictures to AzScorpion's (for example) and coming to the conclusion that they are definitely different and that there is definitely a rubber/plastic piece missing on yours. What I am wondering is if the area, in fact, is only different in that it was darker colored on the 2019 trucks because of a darker choice of base coat or primer. So, for whatever reason, the later trucks have a much lighter shade and in these photos, it makes it seem like there is something missing/left out. And, maybe there is something missing. Or, maybe not! If AzScorpion can verify that the area that I circled in red a few posts up is plastic/rubber and not metal, then that shoots my idea down and I will humbly apologize and retreat to the darkness from whence I came...:cool: My wife's truck looks like your truck, except that yours has light yellow tinted metal, and my wife's has light red tinted metal. I am wondering if AzScorpion's truck has dark-colored tinted metal....
Chris
I just went out and double checked and the circled area is metal.
Sponsored