Anyone want to throw an estimate at this damage ?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Ouch!
Looks like you were backed into by a 2016 Chevy Silverado or some such trash as that. ;)
I know nothing of that kind of repair costs, but I'm betting everyone here will tell you that's gonna be expensive for someone to cover...assuming you can get replacement parts.

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
May go through insurance may not depending on how much it costs. Still need to see a mechanic of course but curious what everyone thinks.
180459D0-5944-41E3-AEB9-0D89CD3DE639.jpeg
Ouch! I recently had some body work done to mine (neighbor backed into my driver’s side door and fender) and to replace the fender, headlight assembly, repair the door and repaint was over $3,000 (their insurance paid). Yours is looking to be more extensive (expensive) than what mine was. Sorry about your truck though. I wish you the best with whatever you choose.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Well the headlight is toast so that's at least $500 from what I looked up.

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford_2020_Ranger/Headlight/75838147/KB3Z13008J.html

Although that price is for the right one but my guess is the cost is the same for the left.

Then you are looking at probablly a new hood, the part under the headlight that wraps around the front of the truck and possibly a new fender. I'm no expert but maybe the fender can be repaired without replacement. So as others stated I'd bet at least $3k.

Sorry that happened to you but I am sort of curious how that happened.

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I had a similar problem..mustang vs Deer….
hit the front panel, hood and dent in the door..
Insurance paid $2800.00 to the body shop plus my $500.00 deductible…

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
My son's first car was my old Xterra. He sliced open and destroyed the passenger front fender on a metal mailbox and post. He rear-ended a car in stop and go traffic on the highway, destroying a headlight, the grille and buckling the hood. And he also backed into something, denting the rear lift gate. The Xterra later also got pounded by golf ball sized hail.

I got all of this fixed (new hood, new fender, new grille, new headlight, paint-less dent repair on the roof and lift gate) for $3500. Mind you, this was 2019, but I would certainly hope yours does not cost any more than that.

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
My son's first car was my old Xterra. He sliced open and destroyed the passenger front fender on a metal mailbox and post. He rear-ended a car in stop and go traffic on the highway, destroying a headlight, the grille and buckling the hood. And he also backed into something, denting the rear lift gate. The Xterra later also got pounded by golf ball sized hail.

I got all of this fixed (new hood, new fender, new grille, new headlight, paint-less dent repair on the roof and lift gate) for $3500. Mind you, this was 2019, but I would certainly hope yours does not cost any more than that.
Hopefully he drives much better than that now. :LOL:

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Even tougher than the estimate, I hate to guess about lead time on parts. I was down at the dealer parts department today buying two gas struts for my hood and they were both on backorder... supply chain woes. :(