Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to the forum!

Something I miss about my F150 is the 6'9" box. That kayak is 15'9" so 9' passed the taillights, and almost 2' of tailgate. I carried it without the bed extender to local spots, slip it in with a rope to secure it, and away we go.
yUApg7F.jpg
Sponsored

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Welcome to the forum!

Something I miss about my F150 is the 6'9" box. That kayak is 15'9" so 9' passed the taillights, and almost 2' of tailgate. I carried it without the bed extender to local spots, slip it in with a rope to secure it, and away we go.
yUApg7F.jpg
wow, you wanna watch you don't hit pedestrians turning a corner in a parking lot lol

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
wow, you wanna watch you don't hit pedestrians turning a corner in a parking lot lol
I agree, pedestrians wanna watch where I'm going! LOL

Surprisingly, it stayed in the wheel tracks even at full lock, because the turning circle on the truck was ridiculous, and the taper of the boat.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Welcome to the forum!

yUApg7F.jpg
Nice dog.

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat/SCab/4x2, Took 8.5 months wait
Occupation
Retired Military
Download a PDF of the owners manual. Just be warned, it was written by engineers. Thus, in this case you would need to search "parking aid". If you use "parking sensor" nothing is found. And your front sensors only work at speed below 5 mph. pg 184.

Congrats on joining the supercab club.
I found the manual. Unfortunately it was in shrinkwrap and no cover. Went to Ford and got oneof those black binders for the whole pile of stuff. Good now.

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Don't buy Ford floor mats they suck. Get some Weather tech or husky floor liners
You are right about that. I did not see your post until today and they are really crap. Will be taking them back and looking online.

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Welcome to the forum!

yUApg7F.jpg
I've been putting my 13 ft old town fiverglass into 6 ft bed for decades with no support. I'd worry about backing that extended support into ground when at dock or such. I just take all the heavy stuff, anchors, battery, cooler, and such all the way up to head of canoe in bed and tie rope to the two side eye points in bed of truck and off down the road. Nice boat there you got. I am too awkward for a yak. Truck has to fit what we need.

That is a tough looking outside dog you got there. Got a pug or something for the inside dog role. lol

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I agree, pedestrians wanna watch where I'm going! LOL

Surprisingly, it stayed in the wheel tracks even at full lock, because the turning circle on the truck was ridiculous, and the taper of the boat.
I don't worry about it and just tie big red rag on end of canoe and I am legal.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I've been putting my 13 ft old town fiverglass into 6 ft bed for decades with no support. I'd worry about backing that extended support into ground when at dock or such. I just take all the heavy stuff, anchors, battery, cooler, and such all the way up to head of canoe in bed and tie rope to the two side eye points in bed of truck and off down the road. Nice boat there you got. I am too awkward for a yak. Truck has to fit what we need.

That is a tough looking outside dog you got there. Got a pug or something for the inside dog role. lol
That's a 83 lb polyethylene boat, and the floor was very flexible out of the water. Without the bed extender it is very bouncy. I used it for stabilization more than load.

With the fibreglass tonneau cover on that truck, getting the big boat on the cab roof by myself was all but impossible. I can put my 28lb kevlar canoe up no problem, but not that kayak. Flipping the bed extender allowed shorter carry or increased departure angle.

erKJVpQ.jpg

He loved canoe/camping, but otherwise very much and indoor dog.

BtviY3v.jpg

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Edited: I need to edit this item. The issue of warning indicator cleared up when it got warmer and any moisture in that sensor dried out. No problem now. End Edit

I test drove the truck today, there was an error on the center console when stopped. See the pic. A sound as well as the image. Once truck rolling, the picture disappeared.

Sorry, this thing is so complicated. Lariat 2021, SCAB. I think this is something to do with the radar warning systems but I can't find anything in the manual or on the ford site for the truck to tell me what it is.

Sales guy smoked me about it was cause the just washed it and there was some water or something and it would drop off. Nope.

I will be back there tomorrow to buy some mats and then deal with this thing. I think the left front censor is not working and it is telling me in this symbol???

Thanks for any help.

20220111_141408.jpg
Mine did that the other day but on the right front corner. I had washed the truck the day before and a cold front rolled in over night and it was 10 degrees F when I started the truck. Once moving it went away and came back at every stop. After it warmed up it stopped and has not come back.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
It doesn't "go away" and come back.
Thats the design.
Its a parking sensor, meant to help you park.
By design it only activates at speeds typically used for parking.
If its sensing an object stopped, its still sensing the object at highway speeds. It just has no need to tell you about it until you try to park.
The issue with mine and the original poster is that the sensor was indicating an object very close (RED) to the vehicle when there was nothing within 20 ft and the vehicle was stopped. It did it everytime you came to a stop even though there was nothing near the vehicle. While this was happening the rear sensors were working as expected.

It worked it self out one the truck had a chance to warm up. If it comes back again after a car wash it will be a trip to the dealer for a new sensor.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
it did sense something within 20ft.

ice on a sensor. specifically the one highlighted on the info screen.
Could have been but as soon as it happened I got out and looked at the sensor and there was nothing visable. Could have been inside.
Sponsored