Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I have the key/fob to the Ranger I’m starting to plot out my list of goodies to add to my Adventure Ride! first on my list would be to add a bed/roof rack system, like the Wilco ~ ADV trailboss full system for the tacos , let’s try and get Wilco to push towards possibly fitting this system to the Ranger! Thoughts

3918FD8D-8560-4967-9D2C-576817BC6EF1.jpeg

5ADFACA9-03E2-4880-B359-ED0A7A5230BA.jpeg
Sponsored

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
Now that I have the key/fob to the Ranger I’m starting to plot out my list of goodies to add to my Adventure Ride! first on my list would be to add a bed/roof rack system, like the Wilco ~ ADV trailboss full system for the tacos , let’s try and get Wilco to push towards possibly fitting this system to the Ranger! Thoughts

3918FD8D-8560-4967-9D2C-576817BC6EF1.jpeg

5ADFACA9-03E2-4880-B359-ED0A7A5230BA.jpeg
That is one awesome looking rack! I would probably flip my Yakima rack I have on order for this one ... so long as it would be compatible with my Embark/Retrax cover ... I hate having to choose between a cool rack or a secure/closed bed.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
That is one awesome looking rack! I would probably flip my Yakima rack I have on order for this one ... so long as it would be compatible with my Embark/Retrax cover ... I hate having to choose between a cool rack or a secure/closed bed.
Look at KbVoodoo. They have a Max Modular line of universal racks and are compatible with retrax. They look really nice.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Anyone know of a bed cover system that can support the weight of a roof tent on top of a bed rack with people inside?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know of a bed cover system that can support the weight of a roof tent on top of a bed rack with people inside?
Yakima OVERHAUL HD rack has a 500 lb road rating and a 300 lb off road rating.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
500 lbs is pushing it. I did a ton of research on this before deciding to build my own. I can tell you with confidence that there are only a couple decent options. The above Max Modular rack I mentioned with a tonneau below it. Or a diamondback cover with rails mounted on it. I have a RTT on order for my ranger and had to look at all available options as it’s a 3+ person tent so I wanted something with 700-800lbs load rating.

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
Diamonback cover is what you want if you dont want to open it while the rack is on.
Check out this guy’s review of it and check out his other videos with his complete setup.

Last edited:

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diamonback cover is what you want if you dont want to open it while the rack is on.
Check out this guy’s review of it and check out his other videos with his complete setup.
I have seen these and my brother has one on his truck with a tent but id like to be able to access camping gear in the bed of the truck while the tent is on. Dont like the idea of crawling in to get things out.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
500 lbs is pushing it. I did a ton of research on this before deciding to build my own. I can tell you with confidence that there are only a couple decent options. The above Max Modular rack I mentioned with a tonneau below it. Or a diamondback cover with rails mounted on it. I have a RTT on order for my ranger and had to look at all available options as it’s a 3+ person tent so I wanted something with 700-800lbs load rating.
The new Yakima Overhaul is probably what you want... Sure, you're going to exceed the 500lbs when you load it up with two full sized adults, but keep in mind that the 500lbs is the road load rating, not the static load, which will be much higher. Also, whatever bed rack system you go with, will be putting the load through the bed rails, not the tonneau cover.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The new Yakima Overhaul is probably what you want... Sure, you're going to exceed the 500lbs when you load it up with two full sized adults, but keep in mind that the 500lbs is the road load rating, not the static load, which will be much higher. Also, whatever bed rack system you go with, will be putting the load through the bed rails, not the tonneau cover.

That was my conclusion was as well. The capacity of the rack will be much higher in a static environment. Should handle my situation perfectly. I also reached out to Retrax to confirm the rail system could handle the 500lb weight which they can since the rail is placing most of the weight on the bed rails.

CAA51FC5-D878-4675-AE8E-9AF8DF9FC23E.jpeg

Julie dominesey

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
Tepui ruggedized kukkenhem 3 on a Yakima overhaul
Hd.. gas mileage 23.9... tires set at 40 psi,., truck rides better with tent mounted ... also when you hit the bed light it really lights it up
Back there ... now for the lift and tires and wheels ..

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
Tepui ruggedized kukkenhem 3 on a Yakima overhaul
Hd.. gas mileage 23.9... tires set at 40 psi,., truck rides better with tent mounted ... also when you hit the bed light it really lights it up
Back there ... now for the lift and tires and wheels ..
Looks great. I have the same tent. I was hoping to find a rack that sits the RTT below the roof line... and still works with a tonneau. Looks like the only options are the embark tonneau, which takes up too much bed space with the canister. I think I'm SOL.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. I have the same tent. I was hoping to find a rack that sits the RTT below the roof line... and still works with a tonneau. Looks like the only options are the embark tonneau, which takes up too much bed space with the canister. I think I'm SOL.
Note that Yakima also came out with the Outpost HD (instead of the Overhaul HD) that sits at 13'' instead of 19-30'' of the Overhaul. From my calculations, the cab is 18'' taller than the bed, so it would give you 5'' for your tent to keep it completely out of the wind. It doesn't help with the $$ for the canister cover, but figured I'd throw that out there for your tent.
Sponsored