Aftermarket Bed/roof rack system

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 (well, it started that way)
Leitner Designs with Roofnest Eagle. Camped in a bunch already, some decent offroading speed and crawl, no issues at all.

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 8.04.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 10.03.20 PM.png
Sponsored

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What lift and tire size are you using?
I forgot to measure exactly in the front but I think it's around 2" above stock in the front (no lift blocks or anything just swapped in 2.5 ext travel kings, svc billet control arms, etc), rear is stock except for the same 2.5 ext travel kings so same height but I'm making some leafs thatll add 1.5" (which will level it). My goal was performance/wheel travel/comfort not height.

Tires are 285/70/17.

Last edited:

Desert Rider

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 1976 Bronco 1999 Super Duty
I forgot to measure exactly in the front but I think it's around 2" above stock in the front (no lift blocks or anything just swapped in 2.5 ext travel kings, control arms, etc), rear is stock except for the same 2.5 ext travel kings so same height but I'm making some leafs thatll add 1.5" (which will level it). My goal was performance/wheel travel/comfort not height.

Tires are 285/70/17.
Looks great. I went with ICON Stage 2 w/ billet UCAs (current dialed in at about 2ā€ lift), and 1ā€ blocks in rear. Eventually I will replace rear springs with tuned ICONs depending on whether I add a Diamondback HD tonneau cover and RTT. Iā€™m running pizza cutters (255/75/17 BFG ATs).

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great. I went with ICON Stage 2 w/ billet UCAs (current dialed in at about 2ā€ lift), and 1ā€ blocks in rear. Eventually I will replace rear springs with tuned ICONs depending on whether I add a Diamondback HD tonneau cover and RTT. Iā€™m running pizza cutters (255/75/17 BFG ATs).
Haha cool well take a look at my leafs when I finish up with them and see what you think. How do you like the icon kit? What kind of use have you put it through so far?

OP
OP
PatrickM

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Good seeing what people are doing with these racks. I'm thinking about what I want over the bed. No RTT in my future (I pull a teardrop camper for that, and if I ever get a RTT, it'll probably go on top of the trailer), but I do have a canoe I need to transport, and I would like to be able to put long lumber above the cab. Nothing like a contractor would need....just a little bit for the occasional home project.

I will also be transporting mountain bikes in the bed on fork mounts, so I'll need to be above those.

I briefly considered an adjustable rack such as what Thule offers, but they have some fit notes WRT the Ranger that sounds like due to the location of the wheel wells, I wouldn't be able to lower the rack all the way. The more I look at different ones, the more I like the idea of the overland type racks. Will give me extra spots to attach gear when I load up for a camping trip.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
OP
OP
PatrickM

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. For others that are seeking additional information here are some links

Leitner Active Cargo Systems

Roofnest Eagle
Thanks I saw the leitner design wasnā€™t the look I wanted. When I purchased my vehicle in the beginning of January last year, no company had anything for the truck, I was hoping for more options! Iā€™ll have to take a look at the roofnest system.

OP
OP
PatrickM

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been eyeing this setup from Wilco offroad, originally I thought they might come out with the same rack they have for the Tacoma the Trail Boss full system, that went over the roof. But I believe itā€™s been discontinued. (Itā€™s shown on this thread very first one).
but they have the ADV SL overland setup that fits the ranger. There are two options a full height and low profile.
https://wilcooffroad.com/shop/2018-ford-ranger-adv-overland-bed-rack/
B67E02C7-60B0-431E-B65D-B4D0426A32C0.jpeg

Jda1981

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Iā€™m still looking for one that will fit over a Softopper. Something like what All-Pro makes for Tacos. Iā€™ve thought about buying their kid and modding it to fit the Ranger but I donā€™t have the time of space to do it.

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I replied to a different post about this. Checkout my garage for a picture of my setup.