OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I would say it's pretty simple compared to what some people do for overlanding. >.>

I'm always being judged till I whip out the espresso and cotton candy machine. Then the judging stops and the god-king worship begins. Now go dig my shitter hole peasants!

giphy.gif

OP
OP

Madesicc88

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
I hate the rock grabbing of the stock tires too. Are these ones snow rated? I know the stock ones are so am reluctant to replace them as I live in a snowy area.
They have a M+S badge on them, is that mud and snow? I live in Idaho so they will get some snow use too. My old Toyo MTs on a truck I used to have weren't great in the snow but they never got me stuck.

OP
OP

Madesicc88

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
Just a "simple build" eh? Truck looks great and highly functional as well.
Haha it seems pretty simple to me. We will see how it goes, the only other plans i really have for it is new wheels and some go rhino steps. I'll do some perimeter lighting for the bedrack down the road before next camping season.

JJ101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Admin Type. U.S. Navy (Retired)
If any of you are looking to sell your Tremor side steps let me know and for how much. I’m in Boise and could use an excuse to go to East Idaho or meet in the middle if you’re road tripping this way. I assume they would mount the same on my FX4. Thanks.

OP
OP

Madesicc88

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
If any of you are looking to sell your Tremor side steps let me know and for how much. I’m in Boise and could use an excuse to go to East Idaho or meet in the middle if you’re road tripping this way. I assume they would mount the same on my FX4. Thanks.
I'll sell you mine

OP
OP

Madesicc88

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
Added a couple more things to the truck, got the raised letters for the tailgate, I like them over the vinyl overlays, not crazy about how they leave a bit of a gap between the tailgate, I tried heating them up with a blow dryer to help them form but it didn't help. I will watch them to make sure they don't hold any debris that will scratch.

Also added the Bushwacker Trail Armor, overall a really cheap part for $240+ used my ford pass points though so I'm not too pissed. I am pretty happy with my gravel protection now, but just like the letters, I will keep a eye on how they
20210823_194930.jpg
20210823_194656.jpg
hold pebbles etc to make sure they aren't scratching underneath.

First Name
Renaud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Sales Manager
Added a couple more things to the truck, got the raised letters for the tailgate, I like them over the vinyl overlays, not crazy about how they leave a bit of a gap between the tailgate, I tried heating them up with a blow dryer to help them form but it didn't help. I will watch them to make sure they don't hold any debris that will scratch.

Also added the Bushwacker Trail Armor, overall a really cheap part for $240+ used my ford pass points though so I'm not too pissed. I am pretty happy with my gravel protection now, but just like the letters, I will keep a eye on how they
20210823_194930.jpg
20210823_194656.jpg
hold pebbles etc to make sure they aren't scratching underneath.
Hey!
I also own a Tremor and have the same issues with the tires. Even with rockBlokz , my lower doors are destroyed. Would you say the Tires are a vast improvement over the Atx's?
Thanks

OP
OP

Madesicc88

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
They are a huge improvement, worth the investment for me. The tires, along with the mud flaps and the trailarmor give me a pretty good amount of protection from the rocks on the trails. I am happy for now.

OP
OP

Madesicc88

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
Well after about 5 months of ownership I came to the conclusion that I just didnt like the Ranger like I was hoping I would, with the prices of used vehicles being what they are and with the announcement of the next gen I decided to get rid of it sooner than later and get into something else. If anyone knows anyone looking for a well kept, low mile truck, it should be listed on Cole Chevrolet in Pocatello Idaho soon.

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That was an interesting story. Wonder what he didn’t like about the ranger?

OP
OP

Madesicc88

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
That was an interesting story. Wonder what he didn’t like about the ranger?
I guess saying that I didn’t like the Ranger is not the right choice of words, I really loved the truck for what it was, it just didn’t fit to well with my family. I have 2 older kids and a German Shepherd and they just didn’t fit comfortably in the back seat on long summer adventures, my family refuses to let my dog in her kennel in the bed of the truck for long drives. Aside from that I loved the truck but it was not getting used at all because it was uncomfortable for the rest of my family. I have a Gladiator now and with the bigger rear seat area my dog and kids are happy. I am starting to get my camping set up ready, I can’t wait to hit the mountains with it.
Overall the Ranger is much better, but I have grown to really like the Gladiator too once I got over the looks.

9ECF154D-6E4C-41C4-811B-7103E261BFD7.jpeg

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. Thanks for the reply! Have fun with your Jeep!
Sponsored