What did you do to your Ranger today?

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
New Dashcam the Vantop H16T 4k front 2k rear camera, This thing is awesome for 200$ it missed a little bit of view in the front due to your lane keep camera box but it still sees most. Shows your speed in the recording and what not was a cool purchase. maybe not as nice as a standalone dashcam but this offers more function and looks sleek. we will see if it lasts. picture quality was above my expectations aswell for the price. the rear camera also allows me to see in my bed if i scroll down on it.

Vantop H612T 4K HD Mirror Dash Cam with GPS
Do you have a pic of this installed to the mirror ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
FoD, I installed the tweets. Very nice upgrade to the stereo, thanks for the heads up. I don't know if you're aware, but for non B&O stereos you should use the crossover. There is only a single speaker wire going to each door, so the door speaker and tweeter share the same wire. On the B&O they have separate wires so there is probably a crossover built in for B&O. Just a heads up.

I do not know if there is a crossover in the wire, but the tweeters I removed had a capacitor on them, so that's the crossover. If your old tweeters had the cap, then you probably should use the provided crossover that came with the new tweeters.
Hi Tom.

i based my info on this:

Ford does not split the tweeter and woofer wiring from the head unit on the XLT system. The HU sends the full range signal to the front woofers, and the factory tweeters tap off the woofers in a parallel connection. These RF front components have the crossovers built into the woofer housing so I did not have to find a place for the crossovers. That was the best part about these RF components. Once the woofers are in, i used separate (RF provided) wires to connect the tweeters to the woofers. Install was super straightforward.
and proceeded accordingly. So far, I have not had any issues whatsoever... however, I realize he is talking about Fosgate speakers and Kickers are what I have.

Last edited:

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Hi Tom.

i based my info on this:

and proceeded accordingly. So far, I have not had any issues whatsoever...
Copy. I will read that thread. You may not have any issues without the crossovers. But, this suggests what I said:

Ford does not split the tweeter and woofer wiring from the head unit on the XLT system. The HU sends the full range signal to the front woofers, and the factory tweeters tap off the woofers in a parallel connection

On that rockford system it says the crossover is built into the woofer. We're not using that, so the tweeter is getting full range signal. I'll read more and report back.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Copy. I will read that thread. You may not have any issues without the crossovers. But, this suggests what I said:

Ford does not split the tweeter and woofer wiring from the head unit on the XLT system. The HU sends the full range signal to the front woofers, and the factory tweeters tap off the woofers in a parallel connection

On that rockford system it says the crossover is built into the woofer. We're not using that, so the tweeter is getting full range signal. I'll read more and report back.
Yeah, I just added that bit about the Fosgate to my earlier

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Yeah, I just added that bit about the Fosgate to my earlier
Right. I read the relevant parts of that thread. The guy you quoted (as you said) used the RF woofers which have the crossover built in, and a RF supplied wire to the tweeter. We don't have that currently using stock woofer.

You may never have issues, but your tweeters may get more power that may damage them, depending on if you punching the jam :)

How I installed mine was to use red T-connectors to connect to the stock wires without cutting off the connector. Connect the crossover to the stock wires, and stuffed everything down inside the door, which fit no problem.

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
Do you have a pic of this installed to the mirror ?
Not 100% sure on the rear view camera spot so it's just temporary using 3m adhesive but I'll screw it in permanently soon and hide the wires. The cameras show alot less than they are recording and you can scroll up and down.

20210605_172653.jpg

20210605_172447.jpg

20210605_172656.jpg

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast
I keep saying that too :frown: , but the reality is that this site will eventually turn even the thriftiest person into a money burner :LOL:

1622130102319.png

Lo MF L. I had to limit my ranger5g browsing because every time I visit this thread, I find something I didn’t know I needed and now can’t live without. Right now it’s those raptor rims. Dammit.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Lo MF L. I had to limit my ranger5g browsing because every time I visit this thread, I find something I didn’t know I needed and now can’t live without. Right now it’s those raptor rims. Dammit.
This might help. But you should've planted it when you joined so it would've been mature by now. ?

money-tree-351.jpg

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast
For my Ranger 5, I intend to get a sturdy folding Tonneau cover from 4wheelonline. Can someone give me some suggestions or advice on what to buy?
I have a diamondback. Absolutely love it.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Used forscan to shut off the double horn honk and, turned on bambi mode. Installed the Bushwacker fender flares too.
Frickin' double horn honk got me for the first time just before midnight last night and with the garage door open.

Neighbors certainly did not enjoy that.

Time to dig out the forscan cable. Off with double honk and fake engine noise.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Cleaned up the Ranger today. Vacuum, wash, clean the windows, wipe down the interior, dress the black trim... didn't get to wax but ended up with way too much sun today.
Took the step tread off and cleaned that up.
20210605_163326.jpg

While cleaning up the interior, decided it was a good time to trim the vent.
20210605_174253.jpg

Then time for a cold one and admire the work.
20210605_174851.jpg

Boating tomorrow.
Sponsored