First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Semi retired
Mine still works with the sensors and no warnings, I do find the OEM backup lines very accurate, I enjoy them backing into my garage and tight spaces, off course pending bigger wheels with more offset I’d have to look out for the sides a little more. My Lightbar still works great as advertised, only lost functionality from the beginning is the running light which to me was a little too much over the top, and I didn’t have to use a converter, just the Lightbar itself, the other 4 functions work great. One important thing to note is the clearance between the edge of the tailgate and the bumper in the lowered position as it is very minimal, not even sure how I made mine fit lol.
I plan to install my OPT7 taillight in the next few days. I’m going to wire directly to the taillights to avoid issues with BLIS and trailer issues. Found this video and looks pretty easy. I’ll let you know how I make out. Maybe it will help with your running light issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mURmECH

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Hey Mitch, aloha, No need, it’s better IMO w/o the running light. Basically everything works except the running light. If you do find out how to, please post so others that want too can do it or do it like mine w/o the running lights. Still working great btw.

MitchDraggon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Semi retired
Hey Mitch, aloha, No need, it’s better IMO w/o the running light. Basically everything works except the running light. If you do find out how to, please post so others that want too can do it or do it like mine w/o the running lights. Still working great btw.
Will do. May attempt tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted.

MitchDraggon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Semi retired
I plan to install my OPT7 taillight in the next few days. I’m going to wire directly to the taillights to avoid issues with BLIS and trailer issues. Found this video and looks pretty easy. I’ll let you know how I make out. Maybe it will help with your running light issue.
I got everything working with exception of brake light. The running lights, reverse, hazards and both turn signals work without faults. I wired the rightand left turn signals into pin 6 on both sides, the running light to pin 5 on the left and ground to pin 10. I also wired reverse to pin 5 on right. Where am I missing the brakes? Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
OP, thanks for the schematics, I needed them for tow wiring and the 2>3 converter, huge help, cudo's!

MitchDraggon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Semi retired
I got the opposite problem, lol. Running lights work, but no brake lights. I’d rather have brake lights. Do you remember which pin # you wired to in order to get the brakes working?

OP
OP
mURmECH

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
OP, thanks for the schematics, I needed them for tow wiring and the 2>3 converter, huge help, cudo's!
Glad it helped it you out!

OP
OP
mURmECH

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
It’s been a while, do you have the red, grey and blue in the driver side used? Try pin 2 and test it. Remember the colors are a little incorrect but the titles are correct.

OP
OP
mURmECH

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Same here, brake lights rather than Running lights, I think having the light bar on all the time with the running lights isn’t pleasing to the eye. It’s good to show when braking, turning, hazards and reversing IMO.

OP
OP
mURmECH

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Post a video when you’re all done. Let’s see all of the functions working you hot working.

MitchDraggon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Semi retired
Post a video when you’re all done. Let’s see all of the functions working you hot working.
Will do. I’m going to play around with it more tomorrow and see if I can get it to 100%.

MitchDraggon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Semi retired
Tried it with the CURT part I mentioned before. All functions worked, however, it was giving me a trailer attached and blind spot disabled warning on the dash. The tech at OPT7 said it would work, he was wrong. It’s going back to Amazon.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
FYI, I had two Line Of Fire light bars on my old Sport Trac and neither lasted a year in Pennsylvania weather. Conveniently (for them) the warranty is 6 months and the light bars last about 8 or 9 here.

GatorRanger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft Interior installer/Finisher
I got everything working with exception of brake light. The running lights, reverse, hazards and both turn signals work without faults. I wired the rightand left turn signals into pin 6 on both sides, the running light to pin 5 on the left and ground to pin 10. I also wired reverse to pin 5 on right. Where am I missing the brakes? Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
One question that’s bugging me before I try and hardwire my light is that the turn signal and brake light are separate in the tail light but there is only one wire on the light bar for both , so I have to splice the single wire into each of those wires in the tail light harness ?

MitchDraggon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Semi retired
One question that’s bugging me before I try and hardwire my light is that the turn signal and brake light are separate in the tail light but there is only one wire on the light bar for both , so I have to splice the single wire into each of those wires in the tail light harness ?
I wired the turn signals separate from the stop lights. The running lights don’t work, only the brakes. I’m sure there is a way to do it, but I’m happy with the results.
Sponsored