JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Ive seen another post where someone bought an elaborate bed light system. Has anyone seen the LED light strips offered by Access? It’s inexpensive and provides enough light, IMHO, for my 5’ bed. They have another one that has a motion sensor that would be cool with a bed cover.

https://shop.agricover.com/product/...57.2102108220.1552614283-476519059.1549776724
I just ordered the 39" ones that I'll try to wire into the tail lights for power.
https://shop.agricover.com/product/accessledlight

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Just found these at Walmart in the CLEARANCE isle...$11:LOL: I’ll try these once I get the truck.
They are super bright. They have a hanger and magnet on the back. I was also thinking doing Velcro or double sided automotive tape...and mount the remote too.
upload_2019-3-30_11-19-45.jpeg
upload_2019-3-30_11-20-8.jpeg

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just updated my post for the F150LEDs kit. Works great and I have them wired to go on/off with the interior lights when opening closing doors, locking/unlocking, etc.

BedLights-1.jpg
Ok, got the ACCESS 39" ones in and had a buddy at work help me wire them into the 12V Outlet Bed feed that I'll never install, power always on so just have to be careful not to leave them on. UPDATE: actually the power to that 12V outlet turns off. Same as the 2 - 12V ports in the dash so my cellphone booster can be left on and I don't have to worry about battery drain.

IMG-5894.JPG
IMG-5895.JPG
IMG-5880.JPG
IMG-5881.JPG

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just found these at Walmart in the CLEARANCE isle...$11:LOL: I’ll try these once I get the truck.
They are super bright. They have a hanger and magnet on the back. I was also thinking doing Velcro or double sided automotive tape...and mount the remote too.
Just put them in today...Excellent bargain and as an option one or all can be removed to light up anything as they attach magnetically. Best $12 I ever spent. Some of us don't need permanent setups for bed lighting. Just keep it simple.

unnamed26.jpg

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, got the ACCESS 39" ones in and had a buddy at work help me wire them into the 12V Outlet Bed feed that I'll never install, power always on so just have to be careful not to leave them on. UPDATE: actually the power to that 12V outlet turns off. Same as the 2 - 12V ports in the dash so my cellphone booster can be left on and I don't have to worry about battery drain.

IMG-5894.JPG
IMG-5895.JPG
IMG-5880.JPG
IMG-5881.JPG
@MT19RANGER OK, dumb question....do they come as a pair or is it per light ? Is there a pigtail to link them together ?

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@MT19RANGER OK, dumb question....do they come as a pair or is it per light ? Is there a pigtail to link them together ?
No dumb questions. Single LED strip per price as some applications only need one strip of LEDs. I'm actually going to order a 12" one for under my hood for when looking at the engine compartment at night and I'll wire that into the engine bay fuse box. About 18" of the tail after the switch, look at their website and you can see the switch and LED section under the Features section showing the pictures. The end reached from the spot where I/we mounted them to the bottom of the fender. My buddy just connected a section of wire to the passenger side one and then ran it over to the driver side where he tied into the 12v bed port wires. Here are some pics from underneath, filename as descriptors to help.

CUT 12V bed outlet wires and used as power source on inside of frame rail now.JPG

Driver side outside of frame rail.JPG

Driver side inside frame rail connecting into 12V supply and passenger LED and driver LED wires.JPG

Center of vehicle tie up wire.JPG

toward passenger side tie up.JPG

passenger side frame rail tie up.JPG

passenger side connection outside of frame rail.JPG

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Just put them in today...Excellent bargain and as an option one or all can be removed to light up anything as they attach magnetically. Best $12 I ever spent. Some of us don't need permanent setups for bed lighting. Just keep it simple.

unnamed26.jpg
Mine are arriving today!

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How do you get all of them all to come on and turn off by the remote? I can get one or two to respond but never all 4 of them:>( Of course it doesn't come with instructions.....

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How do you get all of them all to come on and turn off by the remote? I can get one or two to respond but never all 4 of them:>( Of course it doesn't come with instructions.....
You have to point the remote at the lights you want on.....That's so you don't use batteries on all of them if you only need one side. It's pretty bright in the bed.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You have to point the remote at the lights you want on.....That's so you don't use batteries on all of them if you only need one side. It's pretty bright in the bed.
Do you manually turn them on the first time and then use the Remote to turn off and then back on when you need them? They each have a manual on/off capability and none of them responded until I turned them on....

Plus, they are ugly as shi*.....! Think I'll get some Derp and spray these so they look a bit better in my Lightening Blue Bed!

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do you manually turn them on the first time and then use the Remote to turn off and then back on when you need them? They each have a manual on/off capability and none of them responded until I turned them on....

Plus, they are ugly as shi*.....! Think I'll get some Derp and spray these so they look a bit better in my Lightning Blue Bed!
That's right. Turn them on manually then use the remote. I am a form over function guy..Plus who is really going to see them under the cover. People spend a ton of money on Aesthetics. I am less concerned about that then an actually needed function. Plus the cost was super low. I transferred one of the lights to my hood when I needed extra light. I like that they can be removed and moved.

The LED solutions are nice as well but the cost doesn't equal the function for me.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's right. Turn them on manually then use the remote. I am a form over function guy..Plus who is really going to see them under the cover. People spend a ton of money on Aesthetics. I am less concerned about that then an actually needed function. Plus the cost was super low. I transferred one of the lights to my hood when I needed extra light. I like that they can be removed and moved.

The LED solutions are nice as well but the cost doesn't equal the function for me.
Yeah, I have a touch of OCD so I have to feed the beast a bit. But you're right that these are the best solution for the money out there! And the Magnetic attachment is super useful!
Sponsored