Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I am pretty big into landscaping & lawncare if that counts (no I don't do it for a living, I'm in an office all day). It was actually one of the reasons I got my Ranger. I'm always getting fertilizer / mulch / trees / bushes / stones / etc etc . I needed a truck to keep up with my obsession.

PS: Nice bike!

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
At this time of year Im usually riding this thing, its been a crap year around here, but I hope to get one more trip north in before spring.

50695626_10156064975553059_1679232088458395648_n.jpg

The rest of the year I travel all over the place on this thing, a lot different, and Im sure way less comfy lol, than Mikes ride, but it goes a lot of different places.

21640780_10154942639333059_3400878418801406350_o.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

Other than that, its hunting, hiking, canoe trips and general travel or just hanging out at the beach here.

Cheers, Todd

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My big interest is hiking - and many of the Forest Service roads I use to get to trails are rather brushed in, so the narrower the truck the better - hence the Ranger. An F-150 was out of the question for me. I also bought the White Platinum as I'm hoping the white will help to hide the brush scratches in the paint. I currently have what is essentially the magnetic color (not sure what it was called in 2005) and the scratches show up pretty well in that.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I have a bunch of hobbies....hunting, fishing, welding, trapping, woodworking, riding my motorcycle, gunsmithing, home improvement. I went to school for welding (Hawkeye Comm College-1987) and gunsmithing (Colorado School of Trades-2013). I'm working on my new kayak (see my other post) and very patiently (not) waiting for the metal for my 1929 LC Smith Field Grade, Feather Weight, 16ga SxS shotgun to come back from getting rust blued and color case hardened. It's been almost a year, so it should be here in the next 6 months....I hope. Here's a few pics---
LC Smith buttstock.PNG
Vic.png
LC Smith in the white.PNG

MM shelf qtr.PNG

Boo's keepsake box front.PNG

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm an outdoors guy most of the year, though I tend to hibernate in the winter much more than I used to. Enjoying hiking, boating, fishing, bow hunting, metal work, electronics, bacon etc

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I gave up competitive shooting to save my hearing when the tinnitus became too pronounced. Now, its inshore fishing. I'm looking forward to getting the Ranger to pull the boat rig and so I don't leave her Escape, the only tow vehicle we now have, sitting in a marina parking lot all day. Will be exploring some new areas in Florida this year with the boat once the Ranger has passed the 1K mileage point.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I gave up competitive shooting to save my hearing when the tinnitus became too pronounced. Now, its inshore fishing. I'm looking forward to getting the Ranger to pull the boat rig and so I don't leave her Escape, the only tow vehicle we now have, sitting in a marina parking lot all day. Will be exploring some new areas in Florida this year with the boat once the Ranger has passed the 1K mileage point.
I stayed at a camp for years in pinecrest..across the street from the bar..next to jack gov’s at Merrill vans place..we had a camp out of scorpion head..
Regards
Doc

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I stayed at a camp for years in pinecrest..across the street from the bar..next to jack gov’s at Merrill vans place..we had a camp out of scorpion head..
Regards
Doc
Doc, Pinecrest is an incorporated city within the greater Miami metro area. A few bars on US1 but no camps.

There is an old ghost town called Pinecrest out in the Everglades, on Loop Road. Supposedly had some history with Al Capone back in the day. I have driven by there a couple of times but don't recall seeing any place to camp.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Doc, Pinecrest is an incorporated city within the greater Miami metro area. A few bars on US1 but no camps.

There is an old ghost town called Pinecrest out in the Everglades, on Loop Road. Supposedly had some history with Al Capone back in the day. I have driven by there a couple of times but don't recall seeing any place to camp.
You are very correct..my camp was on loop road across the street from the pinecrest bar and grill...in the middle of the 40 mile bend and Monroe station. The bar is no longer there but the road house still is...Merrill died last year and we don’t go there anymore..too many airboat rules and it’s no longer fun since the park put their 2 cents in...btw ..that’s where Irvin rouse lived who wrote the orange blossom special for Jonny Cash..also the steps of Capone’s gambling house is on Merrill property...small world anyway..
Regards
Doc
Ps the road house is a concrete block house..our camp was 13 miles in by airboat