First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I agree. Glue and hold it in place until its set and then forget about it. I can guarantee if you try to get the dealership to warranty it, they will have to replace the entire headliner and they will most likely wreck more stuff in the process than what's wrong right now.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. Glue and hold it in place until its set and then forget about it. I can guarantee if you try to get the dealership to warranty it, they will have to replace the entire headliner and they will most likely wreck more stuff in the process than what's wrong right now.
This is such an annoying situation. You have to wonder if the dealership had a technician (mechanic) try and do the work a body shop person would be better suited to do or if their in-house body shop needs better training or if they used a third-party body shop that isn’t familiar with the Ranger.

Either way, someone had to have felt enough resistance and then none when this came out and there’s no frickin’ way they didn’t notice when the roof was exposed or when they were re-installing it.

I really think it comes down to someone not caring because I can’t see them missing this. We’ve all had those “oh shit” moments when we know we pulled, pried or torqued too much. Make them fix it because someone needs to “own” it. You’re doing the next customer a favour.

OP
OP
cory1848

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Sports Photographer
This is such an annoying situation. You have to wonder if the dealership had a technician (mechanic) try and do the work a body shop person would be better suited to do or if their in-house body shop needs better training or if they used a third-party body shop that isn’t familiar with the Ranger.

Either way, someone had to have felt enough resistance and then none when this came out and there’s no frickin’ way they didn’t notice when the roof was exposed or when they were re-installing it.

I really think it comes down to someone not caring because I can’t see them missing this. We’ve all had those “oh shit” moments when we know we pulled, pried or torqued too much. Make them fix it because someone needs to “own” it. You’re doing the next customer a favour.
This is exactly why I don't give them a pass. It was a mechanic, not a body shop tech that did the work. But it is also a fault of lack of information as the headliner replacement parts diagram. The attachment is shown but its not labeled as such. I confused it as the dome light but now it appears to be that magnet attachment. Either way, the service tech had no idea either and tried to brush it off. How they react when I bring it in will tell me how much they care.
Sponsored