What has been the most useful mod you've installed? Or most useful upgrade?

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
For me it was getting the LT rated BFG all terrains. E rated tires are definitely overkill for this truck but they are rock solid when towing or carrying a heavy load in the bed. I had a full yard of sandy soil mix put in my bed once on the factory tires and they were definitely at their limit on the way to my house opposed to the same load on the BFG's wouldn't even be phased by such a load or have any abnormal ride to them.

Only thing I honestly plan to do to the truck at this point is add a set of timbrens to the rear suspension. I don't intentionally overload the rear but i'm sure when I do get a full yard of dirt it is at the limit or a little over with myself and what I carry in the cab.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Hello All.

First post on here. Apologies if this is on the wrong topic.

As the title suggests, what's been the most useful upgrade or install for your Ranger? I'm trying to compile a list of potential upgrades that haven't crossed my mind. I know there is some trolling regarding the damper, so that one is already on my list. ?
Honestly it will all depend on what you plan to do with your truck. Are you wanting a dependable daily driver? Do you want the fastest Ranger in the world? Do you want to go Offroad or are you staying on the pavement? These are things you need to consider.

Now you might ask what I did that I really found useful. Well I do have a few answers too that as well. If I remember correctly the first useful thing I did was put in drop in led bulbs for the headlights. Obvious reasons here. Second was the led bed light kit from Ford. I love it because it lights the bed up so well at night and you dont have to go into the cab and hit the third light switch. After that was the lift and tires. I go Offroad so good tires and clearance was in my favor. I am also able to tow at full capacity if I want. After that I got the tow tune(and performance tunes) from Livernois. Besides reliable power gains I was able to correct the speedometer and get the transmission temp gauge. And last but not least(the real first thing done) ford rubber floor Matt's for the truck..... I live in Colorado and deal with snow so it makes since.

Hope this helps!!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient

Troutfool

First Name
Domenico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford Ranger Lariat Soper cab
Tailgate damper! Did anyone really think I'd say anything else? ?
The LED nightlight that I plug into the 120V outlet on back of console. It disables the ASS. Thanks, Dave (@AzScorpion).
Hello All.

As the title suggests, what's been the most useful upgrade or install for your Ranger? I'm trying to compile a list of potential upgrades that haven't crossed my mind. I know there is some trolling regarding the damper, so that one is already on my list. ?
Hello All.

Troutfool

First Name
Domenico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford Ranger Lariat Soper cab
Hello All.

I can live without my step. I use when tailgate is up and down.
Hello All.

1FD9A7AD-147C-4F22-A60E-49C109BCED97.png

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
RetraxPro XR tonneau cover. I like that I can open it without having to open the tailgate, it's lockable, can load over or under tonneau, and keeps everything "relatively" dry. Also I'm still debating on the rack system I want on there (bed is too short for some of my fishing poles) options are limitless. Though I do got my eyes on the Yakima HD tonneau system since it's locally available.

TONTO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I would say my Retrax tonneau but I didn't install it. So as far as one I installed, I would the McGard tailgate lock. It's so nice to now be able to shut the tailgate and not worry about one end popping out.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I insert the key in the ignition I have to thank Dean for coming up with such a clever mod. And he only charged me 10 bucks!

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Can we please stay on topic. The OP stated most "most useful" mod. ;)
I didn't install one in my truck, but I know that Al really needs/enjoys his alka seltzer & water dispenser in his (helps the headaches and crankiness) :idea::giggle:

1610908381335.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I didn't install one in my truck, but I know that Al really needs/enjoys his alka seltzer & water dispenser in his (helps the headaches and crankiness) :idea::giggle:

1610908381335.png
After that Al kicks back with a 6 pack of these. ?

Founders-Old-Curmudgeon.jpg