What has been the most useful mod you've installed? Or most useful upgrade?

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
#1 DiamondBack HD bed cover
#2 Decked drawer system
#3 Console Vault
#4 Eibach Pro Truck suspension
#5 Toyo ATIII's 265/70R18
#6 Tailgate seal kit
#7 white puddle lights
#8 FP red tow hooks
#9 black non-2pc lug nuts

Hoping Ford Performance calibration pack takes a fairly high ranking once I get the install figured out with Ford Performance. Need to schedule window tint at some point too.
Sponsored

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
20201213_195602.jpg

hitch step was pretty great... however that nightlight to disable that effin start/stop bs has kept me from starting to hate my ranger....
what's this about the night light start stop?

Reactions: Doc

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The surgery I performed on the driver's seat. I don't know who the lumbar support is supposed to fit, but it was killing me. I degloved the seat, separated the nylon stiffener rod from the lumbar section of the springs and popped the adjuster cable out of the bracket. Rides like a dream now.

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
PROTECTION:
I had all of the forward facing panels and lower edges 3M Clear Wrapped to protect from rocks/debris and gravel rash
PERFORMANCE:
2" BDS Lift w/FOX 2.0 shocks for better handling.
FUNCTIONALITY:
Retrax Pro Cover w/custom cross bars and mounts for Bikes & Kayak's
RedArc Trailer Brake Controller
In Box 12 volt power and LED lights - surprised at how much we use them.
NUISANCES:
ForSCAN ! The minor modifications I've done have made the truck so much more enjoyable, they weren't any problems, just things that annoyed me.
INTERIOR: Just a simple center console tray actually made it so much more user friendly.
WOW FACTOR:
The custom graphics I drew up and had installed. Get tons of comments on the truck!
OTHER ITEMS:
Rubber floor mats - Mud Flaps - Side Steps - Swing out tool box

Zulu Bravo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
My first post, it’s my daughter who owns the Ranger but I come up with mods for the truck. I gave her a tray for the console as well as some additional tie downs for the box as Xmas gifts . She plans to haul kayaks and camping supplies so more tie downs are better. The first picture I had a bracket fabricated with an eye bolt threaded and welded in, then I came up with the idea of just using eye bolts and just thread into the other locations. M12 by 1.25 eye bolts. Of course the Line-X box liner is an absolute must!

D0B11F1D-B2F8-41D4-AFCB-44271C4D6711.jpeg

B38B6E75-0B6B-415C-965A-C6FA646152D7.jpeg

92FB98E6-0D5B-439C-AA0F-CD911267E612.jpeg

03AC4CD3-5BB3-4581-8A82-856F2E3C7C55.jpeg

936FF083-BAE7-46FD-86EC-3444010F72F3.jpeg

Last edited:

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Most useful "mod" was my hard tonneau cover. Keeps things safe and out of sight. But don't buy the Ford one. I've had several different covers on other trucks in the past and the Ford one is the only one that's leaked. It's useless at keeping things dry.

The other 2 mods I can recommend is:
Rough Country 2.5" levelling kit. Only $100, but it completely changes the look of the truck. Doesn't look right with stock tires though. Need bigger tires......so I guess it's really a lot more than just $100.

Despite all the flak it receives, the I find the tailgate damper to be a very useful mod. I use my truck as a truck. It does all the same construction duties that my full size trucks use to do. I (very) often have my arms full of heavy items and can only spare one finger to open the tailgate. The damper prevents the gate from slamming down like a cheap piece of crap.

The most useful mod I still need to get is a bed step. With the tailgate down there is very little bumper left to stand on without kicking the end of the box and wrecking the paint. And if your truck isn't level, without a stake pocket to grab onto, it's a little precarious pulling yourself up.

Hethern

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red Ranger
Occupation
Communications Technician aka (Phone Man)
Vehicle Showcase

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Forgot a couple that aren't often mentioned.

The Harbor Freight bed unloader. That thing has saved me A LOT of time and effort. Paid for itself in time alone, after one use.
The fabric width needs to be cut down a couple inches to fit our boxes, but not a big deal. It will work as-is, but it just fits the tailgate and you can't close it with it on.

The other one is the Rok Block tailgate gap cover. I've hauled a lot of gravel and junk in my truck and I got tired of having to pick everything out of the gap before closing.
I actually haven't installed this one yet. It's being delivered, so I hope it works as advertised.

So......another must do mod is sealing the box air gaps. After the Rok Block is installed, I'll seal the rest of the box. It's insane how much dust gets into the box after going down a dirt road.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Just like others, I'll have a REALLY hard time narrowing it down to just 1 thing, but here are my top 4:

Folding tonneau cover
LMS Tune
AMP Power steps
DIY Bed Lighting

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Hello All.

First post on here. Apologies if this is on the wrong topic.

As the title suggests, what's been the most useful upgrade or install for your Ranger? I'm trying to compile a list of potential upgrades that haven't crossed my mind. I know there is some trolling regarding the damper, so that one is already on my list. ?
Tonneau Cover
Running Boards (Short Wife, Happy Life)
Bed Matt
Swing Out Tool Boxes

JB_Weld

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger black, extended cab. 2019 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Stationary Engineer
Full LED headlamp and foglamp conversion, Ranger Raptor grille, Forscan, Ford mud flaps, Extang Trifecta 2.0 bed cover, Line-X spray bed and tailgate damper but my favorite is the folding outside mirror control kit (thanks RCMUSTANG) When tires need replacement (I have 3600 miles so far) I'll probably do a minor lift and larger tires. Sure would like to do something about the bouncing around.

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Full LED headlamp and foglamp conversion, Ranger Raptor grille, Forscan, Ford mud flaps, Extang Trifecta 2.0 bed cover, Line-X spray bed and tailgate damper but my favorite is the folding outside mirror control kit (thanks RCMUSTANG) When tires need replacement (I have 3600 miles so far) I'll probably do a minor lift and larger tires. Sure would like to do something about the bouncing around.
Where did you get the " Ranger Raptor grille "?

JB_Weld

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger black, extended cab. 2019 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Stationary Engineer
Hughesjv at Amazon
Sponsored