How ridiculous is it that you STILL can't build and price a 2021 Ranger on Ford's website in January 2021???

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I totally agree. When people begin to cross shop brands, one of the first things people do is build the vehicle online they are hoping to buy, get a list of specs and an MSRP to go with said build.

I had no problem going onto the Toyota website today and virtually building my “perfect” Taco. No such luck doing the same on the Ford website for 2021. Having this basic info online when the Ranger is practically unchanged for 2021 is unacceptable in my mind.
While I agree that it is ridiculous that the 2021 B&P tool is not available at this point, the 2020 one works since nothing of substance changed for 2021. So if you wanted to price out your "perfect" Ranger you could still do it.

I'm actually curious why, technically it isn't there. It really should be a pretty easy thing to change from 2020 to 2021. It should be some relatively simple configuration changes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
While I agree that it is ridiculous that the 2021 B&P tool is not available at this point, the 2020 one works since nothing of substance changed for 2021. So if you wanted to price out your "perfect" Ranger you could still do it.

I'm actually curious why, technically it isn't there. It really should be a pretty easy thing to change from 2020 to 2021. It should be some relatively simple configuration changes.
No, that's not really true. The Tremor package is significant and while we can go to edmunds.com and fully price it out, exactly the way we want, the Ford site actually shows you your truck as you add and subtract things. I want to know what my truck is really going to look like with this Tremor package in every available color, etc.

Your 2nd paragraph is exactly what many of us have been saying. There is no excuse for this, if it simply means adding that package and a few related photographs.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
No, that's not really true. The Tremor package is significant and while we can go to edmunds.com and fully price it out, exactly the way we want, the Ford site actually shows you your truck as you add and subtract things. I want to know what my truck is really going to look like with this Tremor package in every available color, etc.

Your 2nd paragraph is exactly what many of us have been saying. There is no excuse for this, if it simply means adding that package and a few related photographs.
But the Tremor package isn't available yet. Last I heard it wasn't supposed to be out until June? Not having the Tremor package in the B&P tool makes a lot more sense to me than not having the 2021 pricing and options, honestly.

I know when I was ordering mine, it was at the very beginning of production and they were adding items to the B&P tool with some regularity.

Hopefully it will appear soon. The fact that almost none of the vehicles on the ford.com site have the 2021 B&P updates makes me wonder if it is a bigger issue somehow.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
But the Tremor package isn't available yet. Last I heard it wasn't supposed to be out until June? Not having the Tremor package in the B&P tool makes a lot more sense to me than not having the 2021 pricing and options, honestly...
I sure hope it's not THAT delayed. My lease expires in June. I know I could extend it but I really don't want to go through that.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Ford is really messing up lately. The had a horrendous launch with the 2020 Explorer and now multiple delays with the Bronco not to mention the absolute terrible B&P. The prices were all messed up for months then they "fixed it" right before Christmas only to have more mistakes. They fixed those mistake and now when You add your options/extras it totals them into the msrp instead of the options line in the summery. :facepalm:

There have been many people cancelling their Bronco orders because of this mess. This has been in the works since 2004 so you'd think they'd have it perfected by now. Order banks open up on the 19th and they still don't have close to all of the 200 accessories available yet, more like 15. Now the website is a mess with the Ranger. They really need to hire a better web designer.
They shouldn't have let me go. It's been all downhill since they fired me for questioning a co-workers ability to do their job. I guess that's politically a bad thing to do. ?‍♂

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They shouldn't have let me go. It's been all downhill since they fired me for questioning a co-workers ability to do their job. I guess that's politically a bad thing to do. ?‍♂
Serious?....I didn't know you worked there? Well the PC crowd is everywhere now! :mad:

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yep. Drum roll please..... I was in IT.
Dang it, Tony. I TOLD you to not talk about the Lions! :giggle:

Seriously, though, sorry it didn't work out for you. Hopefully, you landed on your feet after that.

BTW, I love both your profile pic and your quote in your sig. I take lots of pics of raptors down here in FL and I am a retired technology teacher, who used Alice in my classroom for the final decade before my retirement. Randy has inspired many!

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Dang it, Tony. I TOLD you to not talk about the Lions! :giggle:

Seriously, though, sorry it didn't work out for you. Hopefully, you landed on your feet after that.

BTW, I love both your profile pic and your quote in your sig. I take lots of pics of raptors down here in FL and I am a retired technology teacher, who used Alice in my classroom for the final decade before my retirement. Randy has inspired many!
Thank you. I was having a hell of a time finding a new job so I decided to just retire for a couple years but I'm no longer getting the proper amount of socialization so I have to find a new job.

Watching Osprey hunt trout over an Idaho river is a truly amazing sight.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thank you. I was having a hell of a time finding a new job so I decided to just retire for a couple years but I'm no longer getting the proper amount of socialization so I have to find a new job.

Watching Osprey hunt trout over an Idaho river is a truly amazing sight.
I hope you can find something you want! I retired three years ago but after 38 years in the workforce, I was ready. :)

Here is an Osprey carrying dinner home to the family. I captured this on HH Island this past August. Got very lucky to be there in the right place and time.

osprey with fish.JPG

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I hope you can find something you want! I retired three years ago but after 38 years in the workforce, I was ready. :)

Here is an Osprey carrying dinner home to the family. I captured this on HH Island this past August. Got very lucky to be there in the right place and time.

osprey with fish.JPG
The gun club I belong to has a cell tower on the property and there is a breeding pair that return every year. They fish the lake and ponds in the park that surrounds us so I get to see views like that on the regular. SIDE NOTE: They are NOT fans of drones.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The gun club I belong to has a cell tower on the property and there is a breeding pair that return every year. They fish the lake and ponds in the park that surrounds us so I get to see views like that on the regular. SIDE NOTE: They are NOT fans of drones.
Never flown one! We were out on a hike and this woman saw my camera and told us where this (what she thought was a) hawk's nest was. Turned out to be an Osprey nest. This was from a couple hundred feet away. It was such a rush to see the bird approaching. I lived in Michigan for 60 years and never saw one, but probably had no idea where to look back then.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
So, I did my daily drive-by of the Ford.com website, to see if there are any changes. Sadly, none to report. However, I got one of those friendly pop-ups that asked me if I'd take the time to give my opinions of the ford.com website and how helpful it was. Or wasn't. I'm sure no one will read it, but it was a fun five minutes, at least!!! :LOL::curse::LOL:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I lived in Michigan for 60 years and never saw one, but probably had no idea where to look back then.
A lot of the big predator birds are getting more common. I see more osprey, herons, eagles, etc, around here then even 20 years ago. Of course I also passed a couple dozen vultures this morning, so they aren't all majestic. :D
Sponsored