Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
It must be a retina thing. Like those eye tests with the colored dots; some see one number, others a different number, still others no number.
To my eyes, the photo you uploaded vividly shows the green hue of Cactus Grey!
I understand what you are saying. That is one reason I wanted to see it in person. When I saw it it just didn't look green to me. But it might to someone else. :) ?

1609181594017.png

Cactus vs Fighter Jet. :crackup: ?

FJG A10.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I understand what you are saying. That is one reason I wanted to see it in person. When I saw it it just didn't look green to me. But it might to someone else. :) ?

1609181594017.png

FJG A10.jpeg
In the first few pages I couldn't see the green either. Now I do see it and it does change color. You might want to get an eye exam. ? :giggle:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

1609181594017.png

FJG A10.jpeg
That's what baffles me, Gregg. Your own picture is one of the best examples of the green hue of Cactus Grey and you apparently don't see it
whatsgoingon.gif

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
for me, so far not 1 picture of Cactus grey looks good (more green than grey).
if it doesnt look good in any pics then more than likely I would not buy a vehicle in
that color.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
In the first few pages I couldn't see the green either. Now I do see it and it does change color. You might want to get an eye exam. ? :giggle:
That's what baffles me, Gregg. Your own picture is one of the best examples of the green hue of Cactus Grey and you apparently don't see it
whatsgoingon.gif
Holy cow! After 40+ years as an electrician I thought I could see colors pretty well. Glad I didn't find out I am color blind until after I retired. :crackup: ?.

I worked for an electrical contractor who was into drag racing. When he went for a physical to get his racing license upgrade, the Doc told him there was only one occupation he could not clear him for. That was an electrician, because he was color blind. He had been an electrician for many years. Since then I have known several colorblind electricians. They learned to overcome. So now I find out that I am also a color blind Electrician. :crazy:
color blind Ishihara Plate Sample.png

In my defense, I can clearly see the grey 25 in the above circle. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Holy cow! After 40+ years as an electrician I thought I could see colors pretty well. Glad I didn't find out I am color blind until after I retired. :crackup: ?.

I worked for an electrical contractor who was into drag racing. When he went for a physical to get his racing license upgrade, the Doc told him there was only one occupation he could not clear him for. That was an electrician, because he was color blind. He had been an electrician for many years. Since then I have known several colorblind electricians. They learned to overcome. So now I find out that I am also a color blind Electrician. :crazy:

In my defense, I can clearly see the blue 25 in the above circle. :thumbsup:

May I suggest these? :sunglasses:?

thick-glasses.jpg

I Am Not Blind.jpg

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Well, I guess maybe I don't understand car marketing these days.
Cactus Grey is or is not really green, Cyber Orange is 8-day-old-butter yellow,
Carbonized Grey makes me think of a dark, almost black shade (like carbon), but no it's lighter than a pigeon. The dark blue Area 51? Sorry, but Groom Lake, Nevada is more limestone-sandy color desert.
And it's not just lately. in '69, you could get a Chevelle SS in Monaco Orange or a Pontiac GTO in Carousel Red and they were the same flippin' color. Cactus Grey & FighterJet Grey both "NE" paint code. History repeats itself.
1969 Monaco Orange Chevelle Malibu, 1969 Carousel Red Pontiac GTO
Unknown-2.jpeg

1969-gto-hero-1.jpeg

coupe1 | koĶžop | (also coupĆ© | koĶžoĖˆpā | ) noun 1: a car with a fixed roof, two doors, and a sloping rear. 2: historical a four-wheeled enclosed carriage for two passengers and a driver. 3: an end compartment in a railroad car, with seats on only one side. -New Oxford American Dictionary
2021 Mercedes Benz GLE Coupe:
Unknown-1.jpeg

Now, some may see a white car, or grey or black or striped pink, but everyone with vision and pre-kindergarten counting skills can count four (4) doors, unless the drivers side has no doors at all.

Last but not least, a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek in Cool-Grey Khaki:

Unknown.jpeg

No, really, that's what it's called.
Wrong on three counts:
  • It is not cool
  • it is not grey (or maybe it is @gfitzge2?)
  • Definitely no hint of khaki
End of rant, you're free to go.

In my defense, I can clearly see the grey 25 in the above circle. :thumbsup:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
May I suggest these? :sunglasses:?

thick-glasses.jpg

I Am Not Blind.jpg
Okay....a back story.

In Arizona you are issued a driver's license which does not expire until you are 65. Then you must be tested every year. So here I am at the Motor Vehicle Division and this guy with a white cane comes in, takes a seat after getting a number. He is just behind me in numbers. So I get called up pay my fee, take my vision test and I get a new picture for my license. Having to sit down and wait until my new picture license is processed this fellow goes for his vision test. The MDV person leads him to the vision machine. MDV person asks him "Do you see that the square at the top is bigger?" He replies YES. Do you see the square to the right is bigger? Again Yes? I am thinking to myself WTF???? Then do you see the blinking light to the right....Yes...Do you see the blinking light to the left...Yes. Okay sir....sit down and I will process your license after you pay and we get a new picutre. My name was called, I picked up my new temp license as the real one is mailed to me a week or so later, and was gone.... Holey Cow...Watch out for Green Valley Drivers!!!!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I guess maybe I don't understand car marketing these days.
Cactus Grey is or is not really green, Cyber Orange is 8-day-old-butter yellow,
Carbonized Grey makes me think of a dark, almost black shade (like carbon), but no it's lighter than a pigeon. The dark blue Area 51? Sorry, but Groom Lake, Nevada is more limestone-sandy color desert.
And it's not just lately. in '69, you could get a Chevelle SS in Monaco Orange or a Pontiac GTO in Carousel Red and they were the same flippin' color. Cactus Grey & FighterJet Grey both "NE" paint code. History repeats itself.
1969 Monaco Orange Chevelle Malibu, 1969 Carousel Red Pontiac GTO
Unknown-2.jpeg

1969-gto-hero-1.jpeg

coupe1 | koĶžop | (also coupĆ© | koĶžoĖˆpā | ) noun 1: a car with a fixed roof, two doors, and a sloping rear. 2: historical a four-wheeled enclosed carriage for two passengers and a driver. 3: an end compartment in a railroad car, with seats on only one side. -New Oxford American Dictionary
2021 Mercedes Benz GLE Coupe:
Unknown-1.jpeg

Now, some may see a white car, or grey or black or striped pink, but everyone with vision and pre-kindergarten counting skills can count four (4) doors, unless the drivers side has no doors at all.

Last but not least, a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek in Cool-Grey Khaki:

Unknown.jpeg

No, really, that's what it's called.
Wrong on three counts:
  • It is not cool
  • it is not grey (or maybe it is @gfitzge2?)
  • Definitely no hint of khaki
End of rant, you're free to go.
This is what happens when marketing gets a hold of things.
My Focus ST was called Tangerine Scream. Looked Yellow to me, but what the hell do I know?

And by the way, that Suby is clearly area 51.:tumbleweed:

?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Okay....a back story.

In Arizona you are issued a driver's license which does not expire until you are 65. Then you must be tested every year. So here I am at the Motor Vehicle Division and this guy with a white cane comes in, takes a seat after getting a number. He is just behind me in numbers. So I get called up pay my fee, take my vision test and I get a new picture for my license. Having to sit down and wait until my new picture license is processed this fellow goes for his vision test. The MDV person leads him to the vision machine. MDV person asks him "Do you see that the square at the top is bigger?" He replies YES. Do you see the square to the right is bigger? Again Yes? I am thinking to myself WTF???? Then do you see the blinking light to the right....Yes...Do you see the blinking light to the left...Yes. Okay sir....sit down and I will process your license after you pay and we get a new picutre. My name was called, I picked up my new temp license as the real one is mailed to me a week or so later, and was gone.... Holey Cow...Watch out for Green Valley Drivers!!!!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I think they could see that the pieces of paper in his wallet were GREEN and had pictures of dead presidents on them.?

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay....a back story.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thatā€™s scary!?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
I thought the same when I first moved out here. Like no one changes from the time you get your license to age 65? :shock:
So conceivably, in 1971 you could have had your mom drive you down to the DMV in her Monaco Orange Chevelle for your road test, had your 140 pound self photographed with your Fu ManChu and shoulder length hair, and still be carrying that picture as a "government issued photo ID" at age 65?
Fear.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So conceivably, in 1971 you could have had your mom drive you down to the DMV in her Monaco Orange Chevelle for your road test, had your 140 pound self photographed with your Fu ManChu and shoulder length hair, and still be carrying that picture as a "government issued photo ID" at age 65?
Fear.jpeg
Pretty much spot on. Except now you're 250 lbs, Coke bottle glasses, walking cane, bald and driving a Prius. ?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Pretty much spot on. Except now you're 250 lbs, Coke bottle glasses, walking cane, bald and driving a Prius. ?
What color?
Sponsored