First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I thought about the 2.7 but I'm only going to use this as a off roading cruise around with the top and doors off toy. The 2.3 is perfect for that and I will just tune it like I did my Ranger.

Are you still thinking of getting one?
That's a fair decision, as long as you're going manual. If 10 spd the 2.7 was a $300 upgrade last I checked.

Maybe, but not a 2021. Too many compromises. Wanted badlands, or Wildtrak but HATE orange, stitching and trim, and the Wildtrak interior wasn't doing it for me. Considered Base 2.7 Squatch, but couldn't see spending $35k on a vehicle that didn't have things my $18k FiST had, intelligent access and push button start. Been jonesing for a new ride for a bit and the last delay on actually ordering did me in. I've got my YJ to wheel if I want, although I might sell it to my brother in law.

Maybe 2024 or 2025. Maybe by then I can get a squatched 2 door Bronco truck?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's a fair decision, as long as you're going manual. If 10 spd the 2.7 was a $300 upgrade last I checked.

Maybe, but not a 2021. Too many compromises. Wanted badlands, or Wildtrak but HATE orange, stitching and trim, and the Wildtrak interior wasn't doing it for me. Considered Base 2.7 Squatch, but couldn't see spending $35k on a vehicle that didn't have things my $18k FiST had, intelligent access and push button start. Been jonesing for a new ride for a bit and the last delay on actually ordering did me in. I've got my YJ to wheel if I want, although I might sell it to my brother in law.

Maybe 2024 or 2025. Maybe by then I can get a squatched 2 door Bronco truck?
They updated the B&P just the other day. Now they charge you the full price for the 2.7 and the 10A which we all knew was a glitch from the start.

I have a reservation from Granger Ford in IA thanks to @wanted33. They had an October special with $2K off and invoice pricing which works out to $3,500 off. My Base SAS will be around $35K with the added 10A which is a great deal. It'll be a MY'22 which is perfect so they can work out the bugs and hopefully there might be some new options and colors too.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
They updated the B&P just the other day. Now they charge you the full price for the 2.7 and the 10A which we all knew was a glitch from the start.

I have a reservation from Granger Ford in IA thanks to @wanted33. They had an October special with $2K off and invoice pricing which works out to $3,500 off. My Base SAS will be around $35K with the added 10A which is a great deal. It'll be a MY'22 which is perfect so they can work out the bugs and hopefully there might be some new options and colors too.
Very nice!

I didn't want to wait that long in the end. Still love 'em, and WILL have one. Eventually.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Very nice!

I didn't want to wait that long in the end. Still love 'em, and WILL have one. Eventually.
You can always reserve one for only $100. It'll definitely be a late MY'22 and possibly a MY'23 depending of the conversion to orders. It's totally refundable but gets you in line in the meantime. Dealers will not get any stock until the initial reservations are filled which are currently 190,000 but some will cancel.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
You can always reserve one for only $100. It'll definitely be a late MY'22 and possibly a MY'23 depending of the conversion to orders. It's totally refundable but gets you in line in the meantime. Dealers will not get any stock until the initial reservations are filled which are currently 190,000 but some will cancel.
Already got my refund from my July 22nd reservation. The Bronco was a long, not so fun ride for me. I'll wait a few years and see what happens. I don't get new vehicles super often. It'll be a while before I'm in the market again.

Really just don't trust Ford's process right now. Depending on the Rona it could get worse.

They've got 2 all new vehicles, and 1 all new model for 2021. Right now the only successful launch of the 3 is the F-150, their bread and butter. Can't even order their 2 new vehicles yet. And can't even build a 2021 Ranger online yet, job 1's expected date on that has come and gone I believe.

Hope you dig yours though. By MY 2022 any shenanigans should be straightened out.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
What are the 2 new vehicle models you're talking about? Cause I think there's actually 3: Bronco Sport, Mach-E, and full-size Bronco for 2021. And you can currently get the Bronco Sport and Mach-E at dealerships now. I've already seen a Bronco Sport on the roads here and the dealerships have a handful on lots, and 2 of the local dealers have Mach-Es on order.

I will agree that the full-size Bronco launch has been quite the debacle though.
I did forget about the Bronco Sport, it's more of an Escape refresh though if you ask me. However I believe your info is wrong on the Mach E.

I think those dealerships might be stretching the truth. They may plan on getting one, but they don't have them on order. From what I've seen the Mach E is suffering the same problems as the Bronco.

My dealership has said the Mach E has been delayed a lot and that order banks are not opened yet.

Last news I read on it said Europe delayed but there will be US deleveries late 2020. Last I checked, late 2020 is almost gone.

Regardless, only 2 out of 4 has launched "on schedule." And there will be more delays.

Devil6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I almost got my Bronco in CO. I like the color much better in cloud cover or at night but I think it's way to yellow in sunlight. I felt it was going to be one of those colors you'd like at first but eventually get sick of. It looks like more of a construction yellow than a school bus yellow from all the pics over on the Bronco site.
I’ve always really disliked orange, with a passion. It features in my state’s and university’s color pallets and I could never come to terms with the color.

then I purchased an orange car. I wanted it and it was take it or leave it so I took it. For two years it really bothered me. In a sea of dark blacks, greys, browns, blues, and reds it stuck out everywhere it was. In 2014 I had a boss that said he bought everything orange if it was offered in that color and I said no way man. Then I saw an orange M3 that was much brighter than my car and caught myself thinking I wish my blue tinted orange car was even brighter. That’s when I realized I had changed.

The Ranger I purchased wasn’t the one that I went to look at and was an STX insted of the Lariat I was prepared to buy but it had a hitch so it became the easy choice for me. If I hadn’t changed I wouldn’t have even considered that Sabre STX.

Now I actually like the fact that it stands out and you can see it from 1/2 mile away in a parking lot. Others may like the cyber color for the same reasons.

Last edited:

Whodeez

First Name
nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 saber xl stx 4x4 supercrew
Occupation
food truck owner
will those wheels fit our rangers?
Thats what i was thinking, bolt pattern should be the same, and im assuming factory offset isnt too ridiculous. Ive been waiting to get a few more factory wheel options, and i really like these.

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
really yellow rocks......
suq show 003.jpg
Yep! Chrome Yellow.....Cost $130 to paint vs. Oxford White at $85. Bean Counters were on me to drop the color. I stood firm....above pix is my case in point! Glad I stood firm!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
Yep! Chrome Yellow.....Cost $130 to paint vs. Oxford White at $85. Bean Counters were on me to drop the color. I stood firm....above pix is my case in point! Glad I stood firm!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
wish they still had it on the g5"s great color, never showed dirt and detailed out great ...

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Hmm... the color reminds me of Life Guard trucks that you see on various city beaches in my area.